Gig: Empress Ballroom, Blackpool, 10 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

101reykjavik

Re: Gig: Blackpool, 10 June

Post by 101reykjavik » 11 Jun 2015, 18:46

miko wrote:Stereotypes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVFupTfy0Bo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Loving this. What a great performance.

Alex looked pretty serious throughout - due to what had been goign on I guess?

Sean

Post by Sean » 11 Jun 2015, 19:21

101reykjavik wrote:
miko wrote:Stereotypes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVFupTfy0Bo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Loving this. What a great performance.

Alex looked pretty serious throughout - due to what had been goign on I guess?
I'm not sure but I thought Alex seemed in a bit of a mood throughout. Maybe it was just me. But then we saw him after the show when he also seemed in a mood and hell bent on strippers. :lol:
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

miko

Post by miko » 11 Jun 2015, 19:34

:lol: maybe he is reliving his long lost youth on this tour

great show opener - Go Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCcurQq7o8k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nice glasses Damon :D

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 11 Jun 2015, 19:57

brett wrote:https://youtu.be/WQp6rTuymEE This is a low
Thanks brett.

Unfortunately the vid stops before Damon's phrase "Blackpool looks blue and red".

miko

Post by miko » 11 Jun 2015, 20:21

There is no other way with all its drama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS56D_H ... DK&index=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stefan

Post by Stefan » 11 Jun 2015, 20:39

Back home after a few days Liverpool/ Blackpool and still no tickets arrived at home. I think AXS have never send them international. About the gig, most is already said. Far from perfect, but I had an amazing night.

Liese

Post by Liese » 11 Jun 2015, 21:05

miko wrote:There is no other way with all its drama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS56D_H ... DK&index=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nicely captured, can even see my head in there at the second row before I left.
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

Salmon

Post by Salmon » 11 Jun 2015, 23:55

Had a pretty fantastic night! Got someone's pint of (hopefully) lager down my shirt and was accidentally kicked in the head by a crowdsurfer, but none of that mattered.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 12 Jun 2015, 00:33

^ Fosters, Carling, warm piss...what's the difference? :P
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Sean

Post by Sean » 12 Jun 2015, 08:38

Salmon wrote:Image

Had a pretty fantastic night! Got someone's pint of (hopefully) lager down my shirt and was accidentally kicked in the head by a crowdsurfer, but none of that mattered.
Haha I got kicked in the head by four separate crowd surfers. I had to take it on the chin - quite literally - cos usually I'm one of those people but I had a man bag to keep hold of this time. :mrgreen:
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

EverydayRobot

Post by EverydayRobot » 12 Jun 2015, 09:10

I was in the second row when the incident happened. I remember seeing Graham pointing towards the barrier during Go Out, but the security ignored him :roll: TNOW kicked in, a bloke standing a few feet away from me was looking really worried. I then noticed the barrier was moving :shock: Smoggy must have seen it too, he was waving at Damon to kill the song for what seemed liked ages! Damon stooped the song while security fixed it, they managed to finish TNOW but the barrier was still moving! One funny moment was when one of the security asked Damon to "tone it down" Damon was like "Fuck off!" :lol:
Thankfully no one was hurt and it was fixed but it killed the atmosphere for a long while after. :evil:

tracy_jacks

Post by tracy_jacks » 12 Jun 2015, 09:13

I had a fantastic night - was 3rd/4th row but moved more to the side after the barrier incident, thinking I'd prefer a care-free concert rather than keeping an eye on the barrier the whole time if I'd stayed where I was, and I think I made the right decision. The atmosphere on stage seemed a bit subdued after the barrier incident but a few songs in, it seemed the band were on full form again. Bit of a shame about Mirrorball not being played, but He thought of cars was majestic, definitely a highlight for me, along with Stereotypes, Trouble and To the End.

Did the barrier on the left side actually collapse? The one on the right side, where I was, seemed to be "just" wobbly/not secured, but I'm reading all these things about the barriers actually collapsing. I didn't see that happening, though.

I noticed Alex exchanging some looks and smiles with people on the balcony to the right, does anyone know if it was friends & family sitting there? On the whole I think Alex looked, well, hungover and somehow older than he normally does. Maybe they had a bit too much of an afterparty in Glasgow? He didn't look very well, I thought.

Also Blackpool was nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be. I went up in the Tower, visited Central and North Piers and had a lovely stroll along the promenade. It's all a bit faded and run down but that's also part of the charm of the place. It's probably a lot different during the summer holidays or at weekends, but I had a lovely little getaway. And the Ibis Styles hotel was perfect - close to Winter Gardens, close to shopping, close to the rail station. Loved the free breakfast as well. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Blackpool.

Oh, and I've sent AXS an e-mail about a refund for the 3,50 postage fee that I paid for international delivery, considering the tickets were never actually sent out. It would have been here by now if it had. I got this reply:
I’m sorry to inform you, but your refund request is not approved.
The ticket were fulfilled but as the ticket may not reach you in time, so we arrange duplicate ticket at the box office collection which we normally charged £3.50, but as you already paid for the postage so we did not charge you extra for collecting the ticket at the box office.

Thanks for your patience, please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at this time!
What a load of bollocks... didn't anyone on here or in the Glasgow thread say they were promised a refund for the postage by AXS? Or was that ticketmaster?

beatfloh

Post by beatfloh » 12 Jun 2015, 15:09

EverydayRobot wrote:I was in the second row when the incident happened. I remember seeing Graham pointing towards the barrier during Go Out, but the security ignored him :roll: TNOW kicked in, a bloke standing a few feet away from me was looking really worried. I then noticed the barrier was moving :shock: Smoggy must have seen it too, he was waving at Damon to kill the song for what seemed liked ages! Damon stooped the song while security fixed it, they managed to finish TNOW but the barrier was still moving! One funny moment was when one of the security asked Damon to "tone it down" Damon was like "Fuck off!" :lol:
Thankfully no one was hurt and it was fixed but it killed the atmosphere for a long while after. :evil:
was it to the security? I thought he meant the photographers who all stayed in the pit waiting for the story of their life, idiots
the whole thing was really scary.
I was front at the left. Luckily people moved all back when asked to. "Nice" were the blokes who shouted that they had payed and Smog shouted back to shut the fuck up, never seen him so angry.
Craig Duffy kicked the barrier to get the parts back together, either the parts weren't assembled properly or dislocated when the wooden floor was swinging
Poor roadie spent the gig trying to find the right screws and bolts for the barrier and eventually security used straps to fix it. After that, no one really pushed to the barrier, think everyone was relieved when the barrier survived the the faster songs, the floor was still swinging though

paradiseblues

Post by paradiseblues » 12 Jun 2015, 16:05

I thought the entire show was awesome!! I stood right near the front for the first few songs... But I knew (having been on the front row in Wolverhampton in 2012) that I didn't have the energy to stay there a night :') despite having travelled from North yorkshire, I ended up next to a group of lads who lived really near me :') if you're on here, hi!
I moved to the side after about 4 songs, but the guy next to me pissed on the floor and then got in a fight!!! Aside from that, I had an amazing time and sang and jumped like a mad thing :)

I bought the same glasses as Damon on the Wednesday, I'd been sporting them all day, ha!
I saw Bob dylan in blackpool in 2013 and knew I couldn't face another 2 days of hanging around there, so I went to the zoo yesterday and it was awesome! :)

But yeah, Amazing show!! Shame about the barrier but at least we made the news for being such a mental crowd!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 12 Jun 2015, 17:15

paradiseblues wrote:I moved to the side after about 4 songs, but the guy next to me pissed on the floor and then got in a fight!!! Aside from that, I had an amazing time and sang and jumped like a mad thing :)
Jesus Christ :lol: :lol:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...