Gig: Empress Ballroom, Blackpool, 10 Jun 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

EverydayRobot

Re: Blackpool Show Thread

Post by EverydayRobot » 05 Jun 2015, 21:42

AXS. :)

Fred Perry

Post by Fred Perry » 05 Jun 2015, 23:15

Me and the good lady will be at the Blackpool gig. There are loads of pubs which are the usual chains including Wetherspoons, Revolution Bar which is really nice. Everything is pretty close to the winter Gardens which is right in the middle of the town so you will be no more than 5 minutes walk from any bar. Blackpool seems to be trying to smarten it's act up and is fine for an evening of eating, drinking and gigging. It has a certain charm and is full of stag and hen parties at the weekends when the cheese and kiss me quick hats are out in force. It will be fine in the week. Some of the B&B's are rough though so do a tripadvisor search. We were caught out a couple of months ago when we stayed at a right tip of a place. Got 4 stars on Tripadvisor and the landlady and landlord lived like the Clampits. Great breakfast though. If anyone has any questions about Blackpool feel free to give me a shout.

Fred Perry

brett

Post by brett » 06 Jun 2015, 13:11

My tickets have come

tracy_jacks

Post by tracy_jacks » 06 Jun 2015, 13:58

Mine still hasn't. I called AXS and they'be arranged a box office pick-up. I asked if I could pick it up during the day but they said there's a possibility that they might not be starting the distribution of the tickets until 5 pm.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 Jun 2015, 14:45

Wolverhampton on Saturday and Blackpool on Wednesday, can't wait!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Liese

Post by Liese » 08 Jun 2015, 16:40

From AXS:

"Hi,
We are looking forward to seeing you at Blur !
Due to the difficulty of shipping internationally with the short turnaround of the event, your tickets have been arranged for collection on the day from the box office.
Please don’t forget to bring your ID to collect your tickets
Enjoy the show!"

So "short turnaround of the event"? Short sight on their side for posting weeks after tickets had been sold out, rather. :x
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

AlexP

Post by AlexP » 08 Jun 2015, 17:39

Now have a spare for Blackpool due to dropout, if anyone is interested this late in the day then drop me a PM.

Will obviously meet you at the venue to give you the ticket/get you in. Face value (£35) of course

tracy_jacks

Re: Gig: Blackpool, 10 June

Post by tracy_jacks » 08 Jun 2015, 17:52

Don't forget to bring your credit card to the box office. Axs told me they'd need to see that as well as my ID.

EverydayRobot

Post by EverydayRobot » 08 Jun 2015, 18:38

I'm getting very excited for Blackpool!!!! :D

twostep

Post by twostep » 08 Jun 2015, 18:43

me too and as a bonus it's on my birthday 8-)
it's me, d4p

they would compare her to lilies, and she had to go to parties, and london was so dreary

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 Jun 2015, 19:14

The whole ticket situation is a bit of a shambles, isn't it? I'm lucky I don't have to worry about a ticket but for those that need to collect them at the box office may be queuing for a while, depending on how many people haven't received their tickets in the post. And they'll have to queue TWICE, once for the box office and then again to actually get into the venue.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

allisonsoon

Post by allisonsoon » 08 Jun 2015, 19:47

ok now it looks like all tickets sold to the international need to be collected by box office.
i know the postage fee is not much,
but shouldn't they refund this part of money??
coz it was charged separatly and it was only meant to be postage fee.
so annoying.

Fred Perry

Post by Fred Perry » 08 Jun 2015, 22:23

Our tickets haven't arrived so I rang both AXS and Winter Gardens and arranged venue collection. The box office is open pretty much all day from 10 am. The fella on the phone said that you could pop in anytime.

Fred Perry

tracy_jacks

Post by tracy_jacks » 09 Jun 2015, 05:26

I never got that e-mail about international tickets being box office collection only, but maybe that's because I'd already called to arrange that. I'm actually starting to wonder if they even bothered with sending tickets abroad, since they knew there was no way they'd arrive in time.

Only one more day to go now!! I'm getting super excited!!

Liese

Post by Liese » 09 Jun 2015, 06:22

Fred Perry wrote:Our tickets haven't arrived so I rang both AXS and Winter Gardens and arranged venue collection. The box office is open pretty much all day from 10 am. The fella on the phone said that you could pop in anytime.

Fred Perry
Thank God, I was getting a bit worried (what Tom said about queuing), but since I am arriving in Blackpool early, that should be no problem.
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."