Blur 'Converse' Show Live In Brooklyn, 1st May 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

downstat

Re: Blur 'Converse' Show Live In Brooklyn, 1st May

Post by downstat » 02 May 2015, 22:34

I was with ya in that 'moment'... just insane. I was alone with Damon & Alex outside of Rockefeller Center and told them that I & everyone (meaning you all) were really excited about their return, and I don't think they believed it until they stepped out last night. Just magical. I'm glad the crowd nudged Damon to hug Dave, too :)

JordanPowers

Post by JordanPowers » 03 May 2015, 07:54

The next time Damon wonders if America likes Blur, he should remember the energy and passion from the crowd in this show. The way they all sang the lyrics to Beetlebum and even Lonesome Street hopefully at least partly convinced him.
TripleJay97 wrote:
Westway wrote:this should be in the blur section
You should be off the Blur forum

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 03 May 2015, 08:14

They do have quite a good record of milking the fans for a lot, so I'm reasonably hopeful for some kind of special edition!

Wippet

Post by Wippet » 03 May 2015, 09:23

downstat wrote:I was with ya in that 'moment'... just insane. I was alone with Damon & Alex outside of Rockefeller Center and told them that I & everyone (meaning you all) were really excited about their return, and I don't think they believed it until they stepped out last night. Just magical. I'm glad the crowd nudged Damon to hug Dave, too :)
How were they to talk to, imagine still buzzing off the gig?

WoodPigeon

Post by WoodPigeon » 03 May 2015, 13:22

Macducci wrote:my thoughts; they will play Magic Whip and a encore with Beetlebum, Song 2 and Trouble In The Message Centre
Good guess?

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 03 May 2015, 14:00

Yep, good guess indeed. :D

Macducci

Post by Macducci » 03 May 2015, 20:43

WoodPigeon wrote:
Macducci wrote:my thoughts; they will play Magic Whip and a encore with Beetlebum, Song 2 and Trouble In The Message Centre
Good guess?
well, wrong order and they didn't played Ice Cream Man :lol:

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 03 May 2015, 21:08

If you go on the US edition of Google Entertainment news, they still have a positive review of the show and it's like the 4th story down.

I'm extremely glad everything was great. Maybe they will get it in their heads that some of us in the States really love them.

Thank you to all whom went for your updates and reviews. I'm still bummed that I wasn't able to go, but perhaps one day...

Here's my question about the Ice Cream Man though: (Keep in mind I am not a musician) I know it was played at MODE and was told it was really good, but it doesn't sound like it's a really hard song to learn how to play, especially by musicians with their caliber. So I wonder what the real story is. It's a great song too. I've had the "Something New" part stuck in my head for a while.Any ideas?

Macducci

Post by Macducci » 04 May 2015, 00:19

MsMagicAmerica wrote: Here's my question about the Ice Cream Man though: (Keep in mind I am not a musician) I know it was played at MODE and was told it was really good, but it doesn't sound like it's a really hard song to learn how to play, especially by musicians with their caliber. So I wonder what the real story is. It's a great song too. I've had the "Something New" part stuck in my head for a while.Any ideas?
I think it's because of the ''sample'' at the beginning, maybe they were not satisfied with this

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 04 May 2015, 00:50

The electronic thing at the start of Ice Cream Man wasn't played at MODE. Well, Mike Smith played something similar to it but that can't be a reason it hasn't been played since. I don't buy that they aren't confident playing it because it was by far one of the highlights from the MODE show and they played it effortlessly. I still think it'll be a single at some point, perhaps for when they announce UK gigs.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Macducci

Post by Macducci » 04 May 2015, 01:04

and they excluded the song from the stream for ''technical difficulties''

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 04 May 2015, 01:08

They excluded Ghost Ship too to be fair.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 04 May 2015, 11:01

That's what makes it more strange. They are playing Ghost Ship now, but still not Ice Cream Man. And in Tom's recording it sounded fantastic, so why wouldn't they be confident about it??

It's my second favourite of TMW so I hope whatever is going on it's solved :(

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 04 May 2015, 11:22

Jensen wrote:That's what makes it more strange. They are playing Ghost Ship now, but still not Ice Cream Man.
It's not strange. Ice Cream Man and Ghost Ship were not included in the MODE stream due to technical difficulties. It had nothing to do with the band's performance per se.

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 04 May 2015, 11:50

Rubi wrote:
It's not strange. Ice Cream Man and Ghost Ship were not included in the MODE stream due to technical difficulties. It had nothing to do with the band's performance per se.
Still, both songs sounded great in Tom's recording, so I don't know... maybe the technical difficulties were regarding the video part?

The fact is, Ice Cream Man hasn't been played since (and it wasn't even streamed properly) so it's about to gain cult status XDD