In Conversation With Stephen Street (VIDEO)

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Levitz

In Conversation With Stephen Street (VIDEO)

Post by Levitz » 28 Apr 2015, 02:04

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElfhO3qIsGY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

--------

If anyone is near Gloucestershire Uni

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/in-conve ... 6748210348

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzdSy6VeqUo

UNIVERSITY OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE GUEST LECTURE SERIES
Recording Blur: Producer Stephen Street in conversation with Mike Smith

Doors close at 1.15pm

Discussion live from 1.30 pm
Wheelchair users welcome 

The relationship between producer and band is critical to creating a great record. Bands rely on producers to have a creative and technical overview of the whole production process, aware also that it will be released into a commercial market. We are very pleased to welcome to the University of Gloucestershire Stephen Street, who has produced Blur’s latest release “The Magic Whip”. Stephen has worked with the band for over two decades, and with many others, including The Smiths, The Kaiser Chiefs and The Cranberries.

Stephen will be interviewed by UoG Popular Music lecturer (and Blur keyboardist) Mike Smith, to gain insight into Stephen’s career, discuss how “The Magic Whip” was made and talk through some of his back catalogue. Mike Smith said, "Chances like this don't come along very often. This is a Willy Wonka Golden Ticket event I wouldn't want to miss".

This is a unique opportunity to hear from a producer who works with some of the world’s most famous bands, and find out what it takes to get into that position. Once booked in, you will have the opportunity to submit questions to a selection panel.

The interview will be available online from 14 May 2015

@PopularMusicUOG #themagicstreet

The event is free, but places are strictly limited

To find out more about the University of Gloucestershire, visit http://www.glos.ac.ukIn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; partnership with TONE RADIO

tom_cas1

Re: Recording Blur: Stephen Street in conversation..13/5

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 Apr 2015, 03:14

Thanks for sharing, this is perfect for me. Cheltenham is about 20 minutes away so very local. Ticket booked!!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 28 Apr 2015, 07:17

Ugh - weekday? Can't make it, otherwise not too far from me.

Still, at least there will be a recording!

Levitz

Post by Levitz » 28 Apr 2015, 14:21

tom_cas1 wrote:Thanks for sharing, this is perfect for me. Cheltenham is about 20 minutes away so very local. Ticket booked!!

Glad someone will be able to go. All these Blur events are coming thick and fast, it's like a monsoon after the drought. Just need some more gig dates now.........

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 28 Apr 2015, 17:27

I can't wait. Ticket came fast via e-mail and I've now saved it to the Passbook on my iPhone so I'm all ready for it!! I hope some other people on here can go too, it'll be cool to have a little meet up of sorts. I haven't been to a university lecture in years, should be fun. :lol:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Apr 2015, 03:19

Promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzdSy6VeqUo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 12 May 2015, 22:37

THIS IS TOMORROW!! I can't wait. :mrgreen: Is anyone else on the forum going?

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 13 May 2015, 07:00

Let us all know how it goes Tom. :)

stephen

Post by stephen » 13 May 2015, 09:16

I would have loved to have gone to this :cry:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 13 May 2015, 12:14

I'm in!
Attachments
image.jpg

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 13 May 2015, 12:27

The whole thing is being filmed and it'll be online tomorrow. Currently waiting for them to come in, not a full house yet although there are quite a few people. I suspect I am the only non-student here. :lol:

I'm really hoping they take a break halfway through. The chairs are bum numbing.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 13 May 2015, 12:42

Started.
Attachments
image.jpg

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 13 May 2015, 12:55

tom_cas1 wrote:Started.
Cheers tom! Enjoy it!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 13 May 2015, 14:31

Great lecture and some new Blur info too. Great stuff!!!

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 13 May 2015, 16:20

Great - I'd forgotten it was being filmed. Can't wait to see this now! :D