Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon, 30 Apr 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

101reykjavik

Re: Blur on US TV: The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon 30th Apr

Post by 101reykjavik » 30 Apr 2015, 19:57

Ah, fair enough. I'm really not up on the details with this one.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Apr 2015, 20:09

101reykjavik wrote:Ah, fair enough. I'm really not up on the details with this one.
You call yourself a fan?! Should have gone to shows in 1991 mate and supported Blur from the start like a REAL fan!! Like Mr Briggs for example, a true fan, he'd know all the details about this performance.:P
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

mizzuzjoja

Post by mizzuzjoja » 30 Apr 2015, 20:12

They haven't recorded the show yet -- I know this because I'm currently in line to get in!

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 30 Apr 2015, 20:12

tom_cas1 wrote:
101reykjavik wrote:Ah, fair enough. I'm really not up on the details with this one.
You call yourself a fan?! Should have gone to shows in 1991 mate and supported Blur from the start like a REAL fan!! :P
I know. I'm a right imposter. :P

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Apr 2015, 20:15

mizzuzjoja wrote:They haven't recorded the show yet -- I know this because I'm currently in line to get in!
Oh! Looks like it's about to be recorded then. Still, what, 7 hours to go until it airs on TV? Have fun!! Photos please!!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

rich

Post by rich » 30 Apr 2015, 20:40

mizzuzjoja wrote:They haven't recorded the show yet -- I know this because I'm currently in line to get in!
REPORTING FROM THE FRONT LINE!

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 01 May 2015, 00:29

I'll be watching from here http://www.ustvnow.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you set an account, gotta lie and say you're in usa :lol: meaning you need a zip code but that's easy enough, plus it doesn't have stupid ads in the webpage

mizzuzjoja

Post by mizzuzjoja » 01 May 2015, 00:39

I can confirm that Blur did, in fact, play "Ong Ong." Mr. Fallon devoted considerable airtime to Blur worship, which I'm sure you all will find just as enjoyable as I did, and which certainly bodes well for U.S. album sales and such! He also mentioned off-air that, before the taping itself, he and the band had done an impromptu "Tender" jam / sing-along, which will be uploaded to his YouTube channel on Monday. If nothing else, he convinced me that he is a legitimate fan of the band -- aside from claiming about six times that the album art was written in Japanese (which might be edited out of the broadcast anyway), he definitely knew his stuff and seemed pretty chummy with the guys, Graham and Damon particularly.

What else... Dave stuck around after "Ong Ong" to hear The Roots, Fallon's house band, close out the show and seemed to really enjoy the performance. Damon was acting goofy as hell, and overall everyone looked to be in good spirits. It was really quite a joy to be present! Considering that 1) I managed to attend the taping, 2) met Alex outside the studio beforehand, 3) finally received my copy of The Magic Whip in the mail upon returning home just now, and 4) scored a ticket to the Brooklyn gig tomorrow, I think I'm doing all right for myself, Blur-wise ;)

metalhipslop

Post by metalhipslop » 01 May 2015, 00:42

sounds great , turned my frown upside down
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

tender

Post by tender » 01 May 2015, 00:43

mizzuzjoja wrote:I can confirm that Blur did, in fact, play "Ong Ong." Mr. Fallon devoted considerable airtime to Blur worship, which I'm sure you all will find just as enjoyable as I did, and which certainly bodes well for U.S. album sales and such! He also mentioned off-air that, before the taping itself, he and the band had done an impromptu "Tender" jam / sing-along, which will be uploaded to his YouTube channel on Monday. If nothing else, he convinced me that he is a legitimate fan of the band -- aside from claiming about six times that the album art was written in Japanese (which might be edited out of the broadcast anyway), he definitely knew his stuff and seemed pretty chummy with the guys, Graham and Damon particularly.

What else... Dave stuck around after "Ong Ong" to hear The Roots, Fallon's house band, close out the show and seemed to really enjoy the performance. Damon was acting goofy as hell, and overall everyone looked to be in good spirits. It was really quite a joy to be present! Considering that 1) I managed to attend the taping, 2) met Alex outside the studio beforehand, 3) finally received my copy of The Magic Whip in the mail upon returning home just now, and 4) scored a ticket to the Brooklyn gig tomorrow, I think I'm doing all right for myself, Blur-wise ;)
wow!! please report from the converse show ;)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 01 May 2015, 00:45

Awesome! And yeah Fallon is a great host, I can't wait to watch the recording tomorrow.

munch

Post by munch » 01 May 2015, 01:22

mizzuzjoja wrote:I can confirm that Blur did, in fact, play "Ong Ong." Mr. Fallon devoted considerable airtime to Blur worship, which I'm sure you all will find just as enjoyable as I did, and which certainly bodes well for U.S. album sales and such! He also mentioned off-air that, before the taping itself, he and the band had done an impromptu "Tender" jam / sing-along, which will be uploaded to his YouTube channel on Monday. If nothing else, he convinced me that he is a legitimate fan of the band -- aside from claiming about six times that the album art was written in Japanese (which might be edited out of the broadcast anyway), he definitely knew his stuff and seemed pretty chummy with the guys, Graham and Damon particularly.

wow! what a day!
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

downstat

Post by downstat » 01 May 2015, 01:53

Didn't get into the Fallon show, but got to talk with Damon, Alex, & Smoggy outside and they definitely were in good spirits! I told Damon all of us are really excited to see them back, but he mentioned he didn't know how long it'd go on for. Excited about tomorrow! Thanks for the scoop inside the show today!

murfman04

Post by murfman04 » 01 May 2015, 02:02

Great inside scoop :) Was really expecting Lonesome Street so that's a nice suprise!!!

themanwholefthimself

Post by themanwholefthimself » 01 May 2015, 02:41

In case anyone wondered, here's the preview of (pre-recorded) tonight's show with Jimmy Fallon ;)
http://youtu.be/ZdRhw_JS4sM