INTERVIEW: Dave Rowntree (Parts 1 & 2)

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: INTERVIEW: Dave Rowntree (Part 1)

Post by tom_cas1 » 20 Apr 2015, 16:08

Pleasure. ;)
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

mizzuzjoja

Post by mizzuzjoja » 21 Apr 2015, 15:24

Really, really great questions, although I confess to being somewhat disappointed in Dave's answers. He didn't really shed too much light on anything novel, and I got the impression he was dodging answering questions directly -- although he may have just legitimately not known the answers to them. Graham seems to be the band archivist / historian from what I can tell, but obviously he wouldn't have much of an answer for a lot of the questions I was most interested in seeing answered (particularly about The Ailerons, which is, apart from TGTBTQ, my fave Blur-related "other" project).

Still, really great questions, really looking forward to part two. Thanks a lot, Tom.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 21 Apr 2015, 15:46

When are you thinking you might do part two Tom? No pressure. ;)

themanwholefthimself

Post by themanwholefthimself » 21 Apr 2015, 16:29

The album being "leaked" all over the internet and us being familiar with the album and all songs now, would help to have you release the second installment of the interview? Or shall it be only after the album has been officially released? I'm fine whenever you feel like releasing it Tom, but maybe a little hint on its contents or the purpose of the wait would help to ease our eagerness, i'm just saying :D

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Apr 2015, 16:36

Actually the reason 'Part 2' can't come yet is because I'll be speaking to Dave a second time which I've no been told will happen in the next few days. I thought it would be after the album release but looks like he has some spare time to continue the interview before then! Can't promise that yet though, all down to Dave of course!

I have the questions for 'Part 2' pretty much all done but is there anything people would like to know? Again, I'm sticking to areas barely covered before that the regular journalist wouldn't ask or would have no clue about. So no 90's basically. :lol:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 21 Apr 2015, 16:40

What about the Ice Cream Man enigma? :lol:

It's so great you have such a chance, Tom. Thank you for sharing!

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 21 Apr 2015, 16:54

Can he please play in the southwest? Haha
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 21 Apr 2015, 17:27

Yeah, can they come and play in my living room? Worth a shot?

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » 21 Apr 2015, 18:04

So there is no part 2. Oh Tom!
:lol:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Apr 2015, 18:13

mishmosh wrote:So there is no part 2. Oh Tom!
:lol:
Yes there is, I'll be interviewing him again in the next few days. Part Two! It was always the plan.

mishmosh

Post by mishmosh » 21 Apr 2015, 18:19

Lets hope so. He must be so busy, maybe he'll call you on the loo!

themanwholefthimself

Post by themanwholefthimself » 21 Apr 2015, 18:50

tom_cas1 wrote:Actually the reason 'Part 2' can't come yet is because I'll be speaking to Dave a second time which I've no been told will happen in the next few days. I thought it would be after the album release but looks like he has some spare time to continue the interview before then! Can't promise that yet though, all down to Dave of course!

I have the questions for 'Part 2' pretty much all done but is there anything people would like to know? Again, I'm sticking to areas barely covered before that the regular journalist wouldn't ask or would have no clue about. So no 90's basically. :lol:
Thanks for the update, Tom! I know you have all your questions covered and planned with time in advance, but if i could ask anything to Dave, that would be if he really wants to tour the album. We know they're not pressured to go on a tour and that they all have a full agenda for the rest of the year and all, so they don't have to go on a tour but that is much more different as if they want to. I know for sure Damon doesn't want to and he can't go on tour this year. Alex is a bit indifferent as to go on tour or not, he's got his own stuff to do. Graham seems more willing to go on a tour and promote his masterpiece, probably will take Streetie with him and do some more interviews :D
But with Dave, well...he's a bit more difficult to read. He's also busy with his own stuff but a bit more like Alex, seems to be a bit indifferent about touring TMW. I would like to know if he really wants to, for his answer will bring some light for us fans overseas on a chance to see them live one more time. Thank you very much and congratulations on such a great interview, Tom. Keep up the good work.

*Also, did he actually program the drumline on Thought I Was A Spaceman or did someone else do it? I love it!! Thanks again!

zoozilla

Post by zoozilla » 22 Apr 2015, 03:02

Love the interview, you asked good questions. Dave was matter-of-fact as always (that's why we love him).

If possible, I'd like to know a little more about what parts of the Hong Kong sessions were used for the final mix. Did Dave have to re-do his drum parts, or were those flown in from the HK tracks? I guess I'm still not sure how complete everything was when Graham and Stephen presented the songs to Damon.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 Apr 2015, 19:30

Thanks guys! Part Two will most likely be here next week. I'll post it when it's up.

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 23 Apr 2015, 19:33

Nice one Tom. Looking forward to it. :D