INTERVIEW: Dave Rowntree (Parts 1 & 2)

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

northernmonkey

Re: INTERVIEW: Dave Rowntree (Parts 1 & 2)

Post by northernmonkey » 20 Mar 2017, 16:36

That whole period is a little odd, I remember it being posted about messages being posted between Orbit & Graham about Graham's guitar part or something, well this is when we still thought something was happening. BUt it is strange for them to try out with Orbit just for UTW, I would imagine they would have had to have more idea's down or demo's to go as far as bringing in a producer like Orbit. I know there were other bits tacked on to the Orbit version of UTW, but I guess we will never know :?

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 20 Mar 2017, 18:06

I think Orbit was just being a little bitch from what I remember. Then he leaked Under The Westway and added dreadful autotune which definitely wouldn't have been on any final version. All to spite Damon. Childish.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 20 Mar 2017, 19:47

:lol: :lol: I remember Graham posting about the leak and at first saying he hadn't listened to it because Damon said it was crap and he believed him, he was positively outraged when we gave him the link and heard for himself! :lol: He was truly horrified

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 21 Mar 2017, 07:47

Reading the interview, Dave gave polite and informative answers, to the best of his knowledge. I picked up on the questions about William Orbit, whose work always interests me. I am glad you asked those questions :) :

It’s no secret that Blur looked to originally record Under The Westway with William Orbit but things (drastically) fell apart. What happened?

Some things work out, some don’t. You never know unless you try.

Orbit released an odd version of Under The Westway online after you guys cut ties with him. What was your reaction to that?

It was an unusual thing to do, but then he’s an unusual person. Strange Cargo 3 is still one of my favourite records though.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."