Record Store Day Los Angeles: Lonesome Street Flexi Disc

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

darkeyelids

Record Store Day Los Angeles: Lonesome Street Flexi Disc

Post by darkeyelids » 16 Apr 2015, 05:03

It appears there will be some form of promotion to music loving US fans this Saturday during Record Store Day.

Details are limited right now but it seems there is a promotional 7" being released for free.

From origami music in LA

"There WILL be an ice cream truck with free ice cream and Blur 7"s coming around at about 12:30. Just show your RSD receipt to get free ice cream! To get those coveted Blur 7"s all you have to do is say the secret words, "The Magic Whip!"

EDIT: I have made this an announcement - tom_cas1

TripleJay97

Re: NEW ALBUM: The Magic Whip

Post by TripleJay97 » 16 Apr 2015, 05:07

Oh my god! Why don't I live in LA :(

In other news, you're my new best friend. Let's eat Magic Whips and talk about Twin Peaks all day.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Apr 2015, 05:11

This can't just be LA, surely...?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Leahscarlet2

Post by Leahscarlet2 » 16 Apr 2015, 07:42

I said this a while ago, but I have a feeling they're doing an instore thing at Amoeba Records, LA
She's a well wisher and she wishes you well

munch

Post by munch » 16 Apr 2015, 07:46

I'm going record store this Saturday. I'll be asking them where my icecream is
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

sebastianZeal

Post by sebastianZeal » 16 Apr 2015, 08:38

Only in the US or is there a chance to get them in Germany aswell?

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 16 Apr 2015, 08:44

I wonder what the 7" will be? Presumably just Lonesome Street.

davidsutter

Post by davidsutter » 16 Apr 2015, 10:31

I wonder if anyone in Louisville would have this.
Ear X-Tacy probably would have, they were one of the coolest in the country...

tender

Post by tender » 16 Apr 2015, 13:35

Leahscarlet2 wrote:I said this a while ago, but I have a feeling they're doing an instore thing at Amoeba Records, LA
Yes ! I think so too , question is when ?

SeverHense

Post by SeverHense » 16 Apr 2015, 14:14

darkeyelids wrote:It appears there will be some form of promotion to music loving US fans this Saturday during Record Store Day.

Details are limited right now but it seems there is a promotional 7" being released for free.

From origami music in LA

"There WILL be an ice cream truck with free ice cream and Blur 7"s coming around at about 12:30. Just show your RSD receipt to get free ice cream! To get those coveted Blur 7"s all you have to do is say the secret words, "The Magic Whip!"
Excellent. And just yesterday, I made a post chastising the band's management for doing zero promotion in America when Damon said that he'll be looking at how well the album does in the states.

Hopefully there's some other promo stuff lined up. It's too bad they couldn't get a proper RSD release, but given that the album was only finished in the past couple of months there probably wouldn't have been enough time for them to actually press 5,000 copies or whatever of 'Lonesome Street' and get it approved by the record store day people since they most likely plan it all out several months in advance.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 16 Apr 2015, 14:20

SeverHense wrote:
darkeyelids wrote:Hopefully there's some other promo stuff lined up. It's too bad they couldn't get a proper RSD release, but given that the album was only finished in the past couple of months there probably wouldn't have been enough time for them to actually press 5,000 copies or whatever of 'Lonesome Street' and get it approved by the record store day people since they most likely plan it all out several months in advance.
Dunno about that. Wasn't Fool's Day very much last minute?

SeverHense

Post by SeverHense » 16 Apr 2015, 14:27

It was certainly announced at the last minute, but the planning, vinyl pressing, and distribution of it was worked out behind the scenes way in advance

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Apr 2015, 14:28

So is this just in LA at that ONE record store?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

tender

Post by tender » 17 Apr 2015, 00:43

darkeyelids wrote:It appears there will be some form of promotion to music loving US fans this Saturday during Record Store Day.

From origami music in LA

@amoebamusic: .@blurofficial's #TheMagicWhip ice cream truck will be at Amoeba LA 4/18 @ 2pm for @recordstoreday! #RSD15 #BlurRSD15 http://t.co/elrNBJJQvl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 17 Apr 2015, 00:49

I am SO jealous. but I'm very pleased they're doing this in the US! Great promotion, a genius idea IMO. Gonna have to get my hands on a Lonesome Street 7" :shock: