Blur in NME scans

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Sean

Blur in NME scans

Post by Sean » 25 Mar 2015, 10:40

ImageImage

ImageImage
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

ricj

Re: Blur in NME scans

Post by ricj » 25 Mar 2015, 11:15

Interesting read but always strange to read about songs before you've actually heard them!

Thanks a lot for posting though!

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 25 Mar 2015, 12:00

Cheers dude!

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 25 Mar 2015, 12:16

Thank you for the scans, that was fast!

Now I'm really intrigued by My Terracota Heart. I used to get pretty emotional with Battery in your leg, and in this song Coxon's guitar is indeed sad, so... :(

I laughed at Damon's remark about Ong Ong "I've gone a bit populist with this one" :lol:

Also loving Mr. Ok's guest appearance bouncing through the pages! :D Nice touch, NME.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 25 Mar 2015, 13:06

Thanks for the scans. Awful write up though, how is Pyongyang cut from the same cloth as Out Of Time??? Sounds nothing like it!!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 25 Mar 2015, 13:42

Thank you very much Sean!! :P

I find curious when Graham said "sonically it's quite different from anything we've done before", talking about Go Out. :roll:

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 25 Mar 2015, 14:05

Jaime you gonna watch the "live" stuff this afternoon? It's at 5pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N57rTBSERV0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 25 Mar 2015, 14:08

sara-m-a wrote:Jaime you gonna watch the "live" stuff this afternoon? It's at 5pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N57rTBSERV0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I still at my work at 5 pm, but I'll try to watch it.

If I can't watch it, I'll do it at midnight (8 PST).

tweedz

Post by tweedz » 25 Mar 2015, 14:18

JAIME wrote:Thank you very much Sean!! :P

I find curious when Graham said "sonically it's quite different from anything we've done before", talking about Go Out. :roll:
maybe i experience sonics in a more advanced way than you do... we have never had a rhythm section sound that way before.. and i used new effects and guitar for that song... so its sonically very different. at any rate i wasn't gonna say it sounds like the same old shit was i??

anyway... the write up as usual reads like it was dashed off on sunday night for the first lesson on monday...

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 25 Mar 2015, 14:29

hahahahaah! I can't help but laught at the fact that Jaime will be thrilled about this.

Btw, Tweedz brilliant work! hopefully you'll feel like touring it, I wouldn't mind seeing you guys again in Santiago =)

All of a sudden I feel like I'm 15 again, can't wait for the album to hit the shops and just do it the old fashioned way, a first time listen to a new record is one of these pleasures in life than can't be expressed well enough

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 25 Mar 2015, 14:33

tweedz wrote:

maybe i experience sonics in a more advanced way than you do... we have never had a rhythm section sound that way before.. and i used new effects and guitar for that song... so its sonically very different. at any rate i wasn't gonna say it sounds like the same old shit was i??

anyway... the write up as usual reads like it was dashed off on sunday night for the first lesson on monday...
Thank you very much dear Tweedz for your answer. :P

And yes, you experience sonics in a more advanced way than I do, no doubt about it.

When I hear Go Out (one of my favourite songs of TMW), I can hear some sounds from 95, which I do love really! :P :P

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 25 Mar 2015, 14:37

sara-m-a wrote:hahahahaah! I can't help but laught at the fact that Jaime will be thrilled about this.
No seai mala :oops:
sara-m-a wrote:Btw, Tweedz brilliant work! hopefully you'll feel like touring it, I wouldn't mind seeing you guys again in Santiago =)
This!!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 25 Mar 2015, 14:52

tweedz wrote:anyway... the write up as usual reads like it was dashed off on sunday night for the first lesson on monday...
Tweedz 1 - 0 NME.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 25 Mar 2015, 15:06

Go Out still sounds to me like something that would have perfectly fitted on A+E.

Fena

Post by Fena » 25 Mar 2015, 15:41

JAIME wrote:
tweedz wrote:

Thank you very much dear Tweedz for your answer. :P

And yes, you experience sonics in a more advanced way than I do, no doubt about it.

When I hear Go Out (one of my favourite songs of TMW), I can hear some sounds from 95, which I do love really! :P :P
Who it's a feel too make a song for ice cream ? XD
Jaime, it's happy for FB lol, I need comment here
My name is Fernanda, and finally know Graham