The Magic Whip Reviews

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by AdvertBreak » 05 May 2015, 15:59

It's quite strange that on Amazon.com there is only 23 reviews. If it doing as well as it is in America then I'd have expected much more than that already.

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7048
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by TripleJay97 » 05 May 2015, 15:59

My Name Is Mud wrote:
TripleJay97 wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote:Thanks! :P
*cough*
Yes yes, hat-tip to Jay, who has even more time on his hands. :P ;)
I've just checked and I have the most out of everyone :shock:
Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by AdvertBreak » 05 May 2015, 16:02

TripleJay97 wrote: I've just checked and I have the most out of everyone :shock:
How do you check? I remember when the old forum closed down I wanted to check where I was on the highest posters list but you could no longer order it like that.

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7048
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by TripleJay97 » 05 May 2015, 16:03

http://vblurpage.com/forum/memberlist.p ... memberlist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7781
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by tom_cas1 » 05 May 2015, 16:08

I was near the top on the old forum with close to 30,000 posts but then the admin deleted a load of threads and everyone's post count went right down. I think I ended with over 20,000 when it was shut down.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by AdvertBreak » 05 May 2015, 16:12

I definitely remember being at #17 when I had 7923 posts (before I went back sometime last year) which was the last time I knew how to check although this would be after the older posts were deleted.

Jensen
Posts: 500
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 22:18

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by Jensen » 05 May 2015, 16:12

TripleJay97 wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote: Yes yes, hat-tip to Jay, who has even more time on his hands. :P ;)
I've just checked and I have the most out of everyone :shock:
Congrats to you too, Master Poster! :mrgreen:
Image

Levitz
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Mar 2015, 20:22

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by Levitz » 05 May 2015, 16:18

tom_cas1 wrote:Ice Cream Man is one of the best songs on the album and it's incredible live, no way is it a filler!!
I like that the lyrical content is quite sinister juxtaposed (might have been listening to SFA for Friday!) against the simple almost nursey rhyme (in parts) tune. After Mode I found the electronica overlays on album version a bit distracting on first listen but now I really like it and thought it sounded great on the radio.

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by AdvertBreak » 05 May 2015, 16:20

I remember Jay's old post count being about 7200 in three years whereas here its over 3200 in eight months! because Veikko's is better and Blur have had a new album.

Stats are so fun. I'm a geek.

Jensen
Posts: 500
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 22:18

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by Jensen » 05 May 2015, 16:21

Levitz wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Ice Cream Man is one of the best songs on the album and it's incredible live, no way is it a filler!!
I like that the lyrical content is quite sinister juxtaposed (might have been listening to SFA for Friday!) against the simple almost nursey rhyme (in parts) tune. After Mode I found the electronica overlays on album version a bit distracting on first listen but now I really like it and thought it sounded great on the radio.
That's a classic Blur move! And it makes this song more complex and brilliant <3
Image

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by 101reykjavik » 05 May 2015, 16:27

Jensen wrote:
Levitz wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Ice Cream Man is one of the best songs on the album and it's incredible live, no way is it a filler!!
I like that the lyrical content is quite sinister juxtaposed (might have been listening to SFA for Friday!) against the simple almost nursey rhyme (in parts) tune. After Mode I found the electronica overlays on album version a bit distracting on first listen but now I really like it and thought it sounded great on the radio.
That's a classic Blur move! And it makes this song more complex and brilliant <3
Sadly, that's exactly the sort of subtlety lost on casual listeners though. 'Oh look, another Blur sing songy lightweight tune.'
Image

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7048
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by TripleJay97 » 05 May 2015, 16:33

Jensen wrote:
TripleJay97 wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote: Yes yes, hat-tip to Jay, who has even more time on his hands. :P ;)
I've just checked and I have the most out of everyone :shock:
Congrats to you too, Master Poster! :mrgreen:
Grazie ;)
AdvertBreak wrote:I remember Jay's old post count being about 7200 in three years whereas here its over 3200 in eight months! because Veikko's is better and Blur have had a new album.
Couldn't agree more, I'm loving it! :D
Image

Jensen
Posts: 500
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 22:18

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by Jensen » 05 May 2015, 16:42

101reykjavik wrote:
Jensen wrote:
That's a classic Blur move! And it makes this song more complex and brilliant <3
Sadly, that's exactly the sort of subtlety lost on casual listeners though. 'Oh look, another Blur sing songy lightweight tune.'
THEIR LOSS 8-)
Image

User avatar
munch
Posts: 1208
Joined: 24 Sep 2014, 12:14

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by munch » 05 May 2015, 17:42

This old forum talk is all very depressing.


Ok maybe Icecream Man is not filler. I take it back.
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
Image
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 1172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 07:40
Location: Dublin

Re: The Magic Whip Reviews

Post by My Name Is Mud » 05 May 2015, 17:45

munch wrote:This old forum talk is all very depressing.


Ok maybe Icecream Man is not filler. I take it back.
Good. 8-)
Image

Post Reply