There Are Too Many Of Us

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

munch

Re: There Are Too Many Of Us

Post by munch » 20 Mar 2015, 11:54

Rubi wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't want more songs out till The Magic Whip is released? Maybe, just maybe one more single, but I don't want to have already listened to 1/4 of the album when it's released.
i feel the same. but with the stream coming i'm probably going to ruin it
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

rich

Post by rich » 20 Mar 2015, 11:56

everything is deliberate! ;)
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 20 Mar 2015, 11:58

devoiced wrote:I missed the solar eclipse(which was mostly obscured by clouds anyway) because I was repeatedly watching their cheap music video. Screw you Sun, you're boring... -.-
Leave Mr OK alone

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 20 Mar 2015, 12:03

NME already posted a review: http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/blur ... paign=blur" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HydeParklife

Post by HydeParklife » 20 Mar 2015, 12:05

TripleJay97 wrote:I listened to the song while watching the eclipse 8-)
Living the dream! The song and the lyrics in particular probably go quite well when watching all the crowds huddled on the small islands off Scotland and elsewhere.

Really digging this song now, shows how great Blur can be when Damon has something to say through the lyrics. In fact they probably need to update the Parklife lyrics now - "All the people, too many people..."

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 20 Mar 2015, 12:16

TripleJay97 wrote:
devoiced wrote:I missed the solar eclipse(which was mostly obscured by clouds anyway) because I was repeatedly watching their cheap music video. Screw you Sun, you're boring... -.-
Leave Mr OK alone
It's the Sun I feel sorry for. Not only eclipsed by the Moon but also by that little upstart Mr OK? Sun must be feeling pretty unloved right now. :lol:

Miki

Post by Miki » 20 Mar 2015, 12:18

Really don't get the Gorillaz comparison either.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

rich

Post by rich » 20 Mar 2015, 12:21

nice Pink Floyd reference :)
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

blurvert

Post by blurvert » 20 Mar 2015, 12:28

wow - I have just this minute listened to it. It's far too soon to say how much I like it, it's very Un-Blur sounding. Fools Day, UTW, The Puritan, and even Go Out all have hints of a familiar Blur, but this is greatly different to anything they've done before, which in my eyes makes TMW even more exciting. I have been so nervous and excited of a new Blur album since...2008 I guess, as it'd have so much to live up to. Any new album by a band that has several others under their belt already will take at least a year to rank. I'm sure by the end of April The Magic Whip will be in all of our top 3 (Think Tank certainly was for me), if not number one Blur albums...it's far too soon for any of us to judge The Magic Whip...but I think it'll be even more promising than I expected.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 20 Mar 2015, 12:32

101reykjavik wrote:
TripleJay97 wrote:
Leave Mr OK alone
It's the Sun I feel sorry for. Not only eclipsed by the Moon but also by that little upstart Mr OK? Sun must be feeling pretty unloved right now. :lol:
rich wrote:
I'm loving this thread right now :lol:

Perhaps Mr. OK deserves his own thread though? I'm sure Milky had plenty back in the day.

devoiced

Post by devoiced » 20 Mar 2015, 12:39

rich wrote:
ah yes! While i was typing the phrase "obscured by clouds" I had the feeling I was referencing something. I knew it was some kind of song or album title I knew. Now I know what it was :D
And i'm not dissing Mr OK, he's kinda cute! ;)
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream

blurvert

Post by blurvert » 20 Mar 2015, 12:52

On second listening - yes. It sounds more like 2D than that Woo-Hoo Guy, but fucking hell! Look what D&G have put out since 13 (in 16 years - more than any Blur time). I'm sure there will be moments that sound like something from The Spinning Top, and I hope there is! as long as there isn't anything that sound like Me Me Me, Fat Les or Wigwam and I'll be a happy chappy.

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 20 Mar 2015, 12:54

Well, last night I was a bit drunk when I wrote my opinion about TATMOU.

Now I think it's a good song, at least I can listen to the bassline, but it's still a march.
It sounds a bit like Roxy Music :roll:

And the video is better than Go Out's vid, definitely.
Last edited by JAIME on 20 Mar 2015, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

blurvert

Post by blurvert » 20 Mar 2015, 12:55

Rubi wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't want more songs out till The Magic Whip is released? Maybe, just maybe one more single, but I don't want to have already listened to 1/4 of the album when it's released.
I'm the same. I refused to listen to TT online, but I know tonight I'll be plugged to the live show. There is nothing better than listening to a new album for the first time after you've been to town to buy the bloody thing on it's release day

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 20 Mar 2015, 12:56

JAIME wrote:Well, last night I was a bit drunk when I wrote my opinion about TATMOU.

Now I think it's a good song, at least I can listen to the bassline, but it's still a march.
It sounds a bit like Roxy Music :roll:

And the video is better than Go Out's vid, definetely.
Well, Damon has been hanging out with Eno. ;)