Is Blurcast still working?

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

MsMagicAmerica

Is Blurcast still working?

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 17 Mar 2015, 02:48

I haven't visited the Blurcast website in a while http://www.blurcast.tv

While it appears to be up, none of the videos have been working for me. I wasn't sure if it was because the videos were taken down or if it my browser (Firefox) being really slow as I am downloading a rather large file.

Does it work for anyone else?

tom_cas1

Re: Is Blurcast still working?

Post by tom_cas1 » 17 Mar 2015, 03:00

Yep the videos don't appear to be working for me either. Just the loading circle going round and round and nothing more. :(
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 17 Mar 2015, 17:11

I noticed that a long time ago, which is very depressing :cry:

Blurcast

Post by Blurcast » 18 Mar 2015, 13:09

Unfortunately, I just haven't had time to do anything with the site for a very long while. The video streaming server I set up was installed on a machine that belonged to the company I used to jointly run. Unfortunately, that company was closed a number of months ago and the server (which was separate to where the site itself is hosted) was switched off which is why Blurcast.tv is still up, but none of the videos play.

I'm not sure at the moment if and when I can get the site running as it is did, although I think maybe moving to a Blurcast YouTube channel would probably be the best bet if I can avoid getting copyright strikes. I've noticed quite a lot of Blur videos on there that originate from my source tapes (I can recognise the little edit jobs that I did on them ;)).

Trouble is, when there is lots of activity with the band - as there is at the moment - my interest is peaked. But in the quiet times, I have very little impetus to constantly maintain a fan site - especially one that needs as much technical maintenance as mine - of course, real life has a tendency to get in the way as well!

If I can find the time to upload the existing catalogue to YouTube, then I will do it. I still have a pile of VHS bootlegs and TV recordings which I never got around to digitising that I am still yet to see anywhere else. Hopefully, I will get a chance to do something with them soon. Meanwhile, if there's anything from Blurcast that you are trying to get hold of, let me know and I'll upload them as soon as I can.

Xx

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 18 Mar 2015, 23:01

Thanks so much! I understand it's a big task, and YouTube copyright things could get in the way. And if I think of anything, I'll be sure to contact you :D cheers!

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 21 Feb 2017, 09:19

Just wanted to bump this thread - for the first time in ages I had the desire to go and watch some Blur related videos... realised Blurcast is long gone. Got a bit upset. What a great resource we've lost. I remember being at the height of my fandom years ago and spending hours there.

Here's to you, Blurcast.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Feb 2017, 21:09

Loved Blurcast, really sad news.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Liese

Post by Liese » 24 Feb 2017, 12:07

This is really sad. Such a good site.
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 25 Feb 2017, 00:59

Did anyone here ever know the person behind blurcast?

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 25 Feb 2017, 02:02

Blur RADIO needs to go up again! A website that plays random Blur songs: studio, live, remixes, demos...listen for hours!

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 25 Feb 2017, 03:00

...not everyone can afford Spotify or has their whole catalog in digital form, so a Blur radio website would be nice.