Page 131 of 144

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 18 Aug 2015, 18:01
by Considering_Cars
Thinking about it, The Magic Whip's artwork seems to appear on adverts for Apple Music (I'm sure I've seen it along with the Apple Music logo, however I could be wrong). Maybe increases the chance they could play there?

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 18 Aug 2015, 18:57
by dunkaroo02
Considering_Cars wrote:Thinking about it, The Magic Whip's artwork seems to appear on adverts for Apple Music (I'm sure I've seen it along with the Apple Music logo, however I could be wrong). Maybe increases the chance they could play there?
I noticed the same thing! The Magic Whip is all over Apple Music ads. Although that may just mean that Warner bros. gave Apple a big sack of cash...

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 19 Aug 2015, 01:43
by aldamasta
In most Apple Stores I've seen (local and even the one I saw in Montreal a few weeks ago), they have Ice Cream Man playing on one of the iPhones on the wall with the glorious TMW artwork on display.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 19 Aug 2015, 03:31
by munch
It def helps its such a good cover

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 19 Aug 2015, 15:25
by JAIME
If Blur won't release a dvd "Live at Hyde Park 2015" or "Live at Mode 2015", I think that a dvd "BLUR LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL" could be a fantastic way to close this year and I'm definitely buying it if they do it.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 19 Aug 2015, 15:31
by Mark72
JAIME wrote:If Blur won't release a dvd "Live at Hyde Park 2015" or "Live at Mode 2015", I think that a dvd "BLUR LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL" could be a fantastic way to close this year and I'm definitely buying it if they do it.
Even though I had an awesome time at the front of the Hyde Park gig. I'd love the Hong Kong gig/mode gig special edition DVD just like the parklive release

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 19 Aug 2015, 15:36
by rich
Whilst all this potential Apple involvement is encouraging, I for one won't be at all disappointed if blur don't feature at the Roundhouse. My daughter 'won' tickets to see Paul Simon there a couple of years ago - what spoilt it for her was the number of people talking loudly through the whole gig :roll: .

With these random things you're never going to get completely supportive audiences...

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 19 Aug 2015, 21:39
by Leahscarlet2
JAIME wrote:If Blur won't release a dvd "Live at Hyde Park 2015" or "Live at Mode 2015", I think that a dvd "BLUR LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL" could be a fantastic way to close this year and I'm definitely buying it if they do it.
I'm really really hoping the hyde park dvd comes out, might even catch myself on it seeing as the camera was shoved in my face for at least 5 minutes haha

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 24 Aug 2015, 13:00
by Rattler
Do you think there will be some big uk gigs later this year or early next? Im really hoping there will be. The Charlatans and Stereophonics both announced tours in past few days, Damon, over to you.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 24 Aug 2015, 15:49
by Wippet
Hope so. Charlatans probably need the money. Been milking the new album for a while now.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 24 Aug 2015, 17:36
by Rattler
I try to do one big gig a year, living deep in Cornwall and having young family I can't commit to many gigs. Im holding out for Blur at o2 this side of Christmas. Fingers crossed.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 25 Aug 2015, 13:55
by MrMagpie
Rattler wrote:I try to do one big gig a year, living deep in Cornwall and having young family I can't commit to many gigs. Im holding out for Blur at o2 this side of Christmas. Fingers crossed.
I'm the same way (minus the living in Cornwall bit :D )and was holding out for some legit Blur dates here in the US beyond the two coastal shows...no such luck. At least now the money I had set aside for it can go toward something else instead.

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 25 Aug 2015, 14:57
by johnol
Was hoping.for Manchester Central myself 10k capacity. All standing. Infinitely better atmosphere than the arena. Do.think.we will.get some choice UK.dates

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 26 Aug 2015, 06:40
by Mallard No. 22
Wippet wrote:Hope so. Charlatans probably need the money. Been milking the new album for a while now.
....always been a struggling indie band.... ;)

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Posted: 26 Aug 2015, 12:23
by Liese
Some news here:

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-lifestyl ... -prix-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope this indicates they are not finished touring and getting the funds together for smaller gigs / RAH gigs...