The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

xdrake24

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by xdrake24 » 05 Aug 2015, 02:48

My Name Is Mud wrote:I assume it's been mentioned already but is anyone else incredibly disappointed that I Broadcast has been dropped from the set at this stage?
I am, but I'm all for more TMW songs (even though more have been added back recently). I'm just wondering if they'll switch up the set list at the US shows. Maybe less of Britpop era and more S/T and 13 era tracks? (I think we know OOT is the only think tank we'll get). I think they added Death of a party at Coachella 2013. wouldn't mind on your own or movin on

Also, I hope they keep the universal as the closer for the us shows, totally my favorite song.

JackS

Post by JackS » 05 Aug 2015, 07:57

My Name Is Mud wrote:I assume it's been mentioned already but is anyone else incredibly disappointed that I Broadcast has been dropped from the set at this stage?
Not at all, because it has been replaced by a far more superior song in Pyongyang. :)

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 05 Aug 2015, 09:15

xdrake24 wrote:
I am, but I'm all for more TMW songs (even though more have been added back recently). I'm just wondering if they'll switch up the set list at the US shows. Maybe less of Britpop era and more S/T and 13 era tracks? (I think we know OOT is the only think tank we'll get). I think they added Death of a party at Coachella 2013. wouldn't mind on your own or movin on

Also, I hope they keep the universal as the closer for the us shows, totally my favorite song.
Some changes would be nice. I rather suspect it will be pretty much the same though.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 05 Aug 2015, 11:49

The self titled album has been criminally underrepresented. It's my favourite too. Yet there's still 6 songs from Parklife in the latest setlist. They can definitely afford to switch one or two in favour of some S/T tracks. Also, what happened to He Thought of Cars? I was really looking forward to that one too!

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 05 Aug 2015, 11:57

My Name Is Mud wrote:The self titled album has been criminally underrepresented. It's my favourite too. Yet there's still 6 songs from Parklife in the latest setlist. They can definitely afford to switch one or two in favour of some S/T tracks. Also, what happened to He Thought of Cars? I was really looking forward to that one too!
Totally agree, I know it's difficult to please everyone but Self titled deserves more songs on the setlist!it's one of my favourites !

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 05 Aug 2015, 12:21

Exactly! It's not like they'd struggle to pick decent songs from it either. Practically all of them sound amazing live!

goadamn

Post by goadamn » 05 Aug 2015, 12:52

And S/T was easily their biggest USA release
It's a different market out here and they should really focus on the second half of their catalog a bit more for these shows.

bugman

Post by bugman » 05 Aug 2015, 20:28

me! really don't understand it!

munch

Post by munch » 06 Aug 2015, 06:09

I don't mind really caus Trouble in the Message Centre is better :D
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

Ambulance

Post by Ambulance » 06 Aug 2015, 09:53

Agree with all the comments concerning the S/T record, man that record is killer!! i hope one day i´ll see them perform Death Of A Party, one of my fav songs...Strange news from another star, theme from retro, on your own, looking inside america, holly fuck this record its amazing! i would like to know why they dont play songs from that record (besides beetlebum and song2)...

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 06 Aug 2015, 11:52

They shouldn't have written so many great songs.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 06 Aug 2015, 12:54

Ambulance wrote:Agree with all the comments concerning the S/T record, man that record is killer!! i hope one day i´ll see them perform Death Of A Party, one of my fav songs...Strange news from another star, theme from retro, on your own, looking inside america, holly fuck this record its amazing! i would like to know why they dont play songs from that record (besides beetlebum and song2)...
It's a mystery to me! :(

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 06 Aug 2015, 13:19

Lt Pinkerton wrote:They shouldn't have written so many great songs.
They really shouldn't have! Magnificent bastards!
Last edited by My Name Is Mud on 06 Aug 2015, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 06 Aug 2015, 13:37

My Name Is Mud wrote:
They really shouldn't have! magnificent bastards!
:lol: so true!

Ambulance

Post by Ambulance » 06 Aug 2015, 14:35

AstronomyD81 wrote:
My Name Is Mud wrote:
They really shouldn't have! magnificent bastards!
:lol: so true!
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: