The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

bugman

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by bugman » 21 Oct 2015, 19:51

JackS wrote:Caravan has now been played more times on the Magic Whip tour than Mirrorball and There Are Too Many Of Us. Who would have predicted that?
YEAH, It's so strange.

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 25 Oct 2015, 12:19

Liese wrote:
JackS wrote:Noel Gallagher has just announced an RAH gig in December. Such a shame that it's him and not Blur! :(
Bugger.
Agree! Where are the UK dates we were predicting for autumn/end of the year? :cry:

I'm afraid of 2016 because I know that when we reach it there won't be more Blur for a long while. Time is running out!! D:

Simon le bon

Post by Simon le bon » 26 Oct 2015, 08:48

has the abu dhabi gig been officialy confirmed yet?
I don't want this tour to be over

eloisekate

Post by eloisekate » 26 Oct 2015, 10:03

yeah Abu Dhabi is definitely happening, they're listed under the entertainment section http://www.yasmarinacircuit.com/en/form ... grand-prix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 26 Oct 2015, 12:56

Last Blur gig ever? ....I don't think so ;)

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 26 Oct 2015, 13:40

It cannot be the last blur gig ever. It can't even be the last one of this tour! Still hoping for a December gig or two. New World Towers once again made me hopeful that it'll happen.

AstronomyD81

Post by AstronomyD81 » 26 Oct 2015, 14:10

I hope is not!!yes, I know that we had a new album, some dates..but is not enough!!I want more :(

bugman

Post by bugman » 26 Oct 2015, 14:57

aldamasta wrote:It cannot be the last blur gig ever. It can't even be the last one of this tour! Still hoping for a December gig or two. New World Towers once again made me hopeful that it'll happen.
they didnt promote no distance to play gigs, so i think now will be the same

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 26 Oct 2015, 18:09

bugman wrote:
aldamasta wrote:It cannot be the last blur gig ever. It can't even be the last one of this tour! Still hoping for a December gig or two. New World Towers once again made me hopeful that it'll happen.
they didnt promote no distance to play gigs, so i think now will be the same
^ totally agree. I think that's your lot for a while maybe.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 26 Oct 2015, 23:26

Ending the tour at a GP is an odd move to be honest, I'm really hoping there'll be at least a London show at the end of the year. But if not then I'm still ecstatic at how amazing this year has been. New album out of nowhere, UK shows, new songs in the setlist amongst the classics, getting up early to get the Y'all Doomed 7"...I mean, what a great year.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 28 Oct 2015, 16:34

Yes indeed! Even though I'm still a bit bitter at the short shrift they gave the US in terms of number of shows (I didn't expect a coast-to-coast tour, but I certainly expected more than 2 shows!), overall it's been as good a year as any to be a Blur fan.

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

goadamn

Post by goadamn » 29 Oct 2015, 02:14

MrMagpie wrote:Yes indeed! Even though I'm still a bit bitter at the short shrift they gave the US in terms of number of shows (I didn't expect a coast-to-coast tour, but I certainly expected more than 2 shows!), overall it's been as good a year as any to be a Blur fan.
I'm more of the perspective that: Two shows, one on each coast, is fine if the shows were real packed and solid. ~90mins in LA is just a bit short. I know that my desired three hour set was not very likely, but a 2hr show with an encore was realistic. They could have really tossed in another half dozen -> dozen tracks for their big "comeback" USA gig...

but, all in all, I'm thankful for what having anything.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 29 Oct 2015, 13:14

goadamn wrote:
MrMagpie wrote:Yes indeed! Even though I'm still a bit bitter at the short shrift they gave the US in terms of number of shows (I didn't expect a coast-to-coast tour, but I certainly expected more than 2 shows!), overall it's been as good a year as any to be a Blur fan.
I'm more of the perspective that: Two shows, one on each coast, is fine if the shows were real packed and solid. ~90mins in LA is just a bit short. I know that my desired three hour set was not very likely, but a 2hr show with an encore was realistic. They could have really tossed in another half dozen -> dozen tracks for their big "comeback" USA gig...

but, all in all, I'm thankful for what having anything.
Good point. Funny enough, when I read your "packed and solid," I was thinking how full the venues were. I have read a few accounts of ~5,000 empty seats at the Hollywood Bowl, and MSG wasn't sold out as far as I've seen, so it would've been nicer for them to play a few more mid-sized venues. Still, they'll do what they want to do so it is what it is.

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

rich

Post by rich » 30 Oct 2015, 01:55

have to agree - I think that's probably it for this phase...and surely the point of putting out a live dvd is that you don't have to perform it, you can hang up your guitars and drumsticks and have a bit of a rest - unless you're Damon :roll:

I thought 2014 was pretty good actually - saw Damon at Bristol and the Albert Hall, Graham at the Roundhouse - but what an incredible blur year 2015 has been! Truly. :)

# the excitement of that February Chinatown press conference - trying to finish off a report at work with this incredible news coming through...
# cycling home past MODE, meeting Damon, blagging my way in, the great privilege of hearing MW in all its glory for the first time on what turned out to be its only complete live run through, posting my Trouble in the Message Centre encore video in the early hours and getting it tweeted by Stephen Street (oh, and even meeting Tom!)
# hearing the recorded MW for the first time - sporadic 'single' releases and the rest drip-fed on radio shows...
# managing to pick up 4 copies of Y'All Doomed by visiting Fopp and HMV twice each on release day and being served by different staff!
# getting soaked to the skin and moshed on in Hyde Park...
# those heart stopping ebay countdowns picking up the flexi and the promos...

unforgettable...

thank you lads :)

rich 8-)
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

rob_graves

Post by rob_graves » 02 Nov 2015, 15:23

Hollywood bowl show was painfully short. Amazing venue but probably my least favorite Blur gig. It didn't have much magic to it. And bringing Fred from SNL up was kinda.. bleh.