The Magic Whip Tour 2015

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

MrMagpie

Re: The Magic Whip Tour

Post by MrMagpie » 21 Jun 2015, 12:38

I passed on NYC. The more I thought about it, it pissed me off that I was being forced into going to an inconvenient locale to see them, especially as logistically for my family life, it was a pain in the ass. Holding out in vain that they add more shows but I hope they know that if they do, people here in this country are gonna be even more pissed off than they already are. Right now the anger is at there only being two shows on the coasts, but I've seen a lot of angst on FB groups and elsewhere that people will even more pissed if they add shows AFTER already selling these out. I can forsee a massive sell-off of MSG and Hollywood Bowl tix if they announce more US shows between now and then...if you live in, say, Cleveland, why are you going to still go to NYC if they announce a subsequent show in, say, Chicago?

I hope Blur's management know what they're doing here...

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

goadamn

Post by goadamn » 21 Jun 2015, 16:48

MrMagpie wrote:I passed on NYC. The more I thought about it, it pissed me off that I was being forced into going to an inconvenient locale to see them, especially as logistically for my family life, it was a pain in the ass. Holding out in vain that they add more shows but I hope they know that if they do, people here in this country are gonna be even more pissed off than they already are. Right now the anger is at there only being two shows on the coasts, but I've seen a lot of angst on FB groups and elsewhere that people will even more pissed if they add shows AFTER already selling these out. I can forsee a massive sell-off of MSG and Hollywood Bowl tix if they announce more US shows between now and then...if you live in, say, Cleveland, why are you going to still go to NYC if they announce a subsequent show in, say, Chicago?

I hope Blur's management know what they're doing here...

I don't know, people will bitch about anything.
It would be nice if they play in a few more places but my ticket to Hollywood Bowl and flying to LA is still much cheaper than when I flew over to Essex for a warmup gig back in 2009.

Blur are playing in the USA for a couple of real shows, not a crappy Coachella set, and it sucks that they aren't playing in every city, but it's still nice that they are coming at all. These 02 coastal shows are likely their anchor shows. The only way that they can realistically afford to come here is to have these cover the base costs. That stage setup that I saw in photos for Hyde Park look pretty fantastic. I'll looking forward to Hollywood Bowl, even if they do play more locally without the stage theatrics

=)

They just better play TATMOU or rioting will commence ;) lolololol

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 21 Jun 2015, 20:12

MrMagpie wrote:I hope Blur's management know what they're doing here...
They don't, and haven't for some time.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

SeverHense

Post by SeverHense » 21 Jun 2015, 20:25

So I just realized that a post I made in this thread a few months back pretty much predicted the current situation.

Vern

Post by Vern » 21 Jun 2015, 21:06

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Melon_Collie

Post by Melon_Collie » 21 Jun 2015, 21:23

Wait where did we hear that MSG is sold out? Seems there's some still around on ticketmaster.

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 21 Jun 2015, 21:35

Melon_Collie wrote:Wait where did we hear that MSG is sold out? Seems there's some still around on ticketmaster.
Yesterday around 10:30a ticketmaster kept saying there weren't any more tickets

Colleen Zeal

Post by Colleen Zeal » 21 Jun 2015, 21:37

MSG isn't sold out.

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 22 Jun 2015, 22:22

I have a hard time believing they'll fill either venue, regardless of if they're "sold out." Sold Out can mean they only put 10,000 tickets up and sold them all, but for a venue that holds 20,000+. I just don't see them having enough pull in this country to fill out two big, prestigious venues. I hope I'm wrong, though!

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

JamesVictorTravis

Post by JamesVictorTravis » 22 Jun 2015, 23:37

Well I booked flights to LA from Manchester but the gig seems to be sold out, just resellers on the shitty Ticketmaster site. I'm actually flying over to see Luna, but to see Blur would be great also as I will be around.
Sunn amps and smashed guitars.

downisthenewup

Post by downisthenewup » 23 Jun 2015, 00:17

JamesVictorTravis wrote:Well I booked flights to LA from Manchester but the gig seems to be sold out, just resellers on the shitty Ticketmaster site. I'm actually flying over to see Luna, but to see Blur would be great also as I will be around.
Dude there are tons of face value tickets available on Ticketbastard. Use the "Buy on Map" feature.

JamesVictorTravis

Post by JamesVictorTravis » 23 Jun 2015, 15:25

Yeah, I just got told those are the face value prices. Kind of a rip off but I'll go anyway cause I'm a moron. Can't afford them yet though after that fucking flight!
Sunn amps and smashed guitars.

My Name Is Mud

Post by My Name Is Mud » 24 Jun 2015, 12:37

FUCK! Electric Picnic is sold out. If there's any people knocking about here with 2 spare tickets, gimme a shout! :)

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 25 Jun 2015, 06:49

There's just been a short interview clip with Graham on 6Music asking him about the Glastonbury rumours. He said he was texting people when he heard about it seeing what could be done. He was up for it and said he was thinking: 'Poor Dave!' because of his job I suppose. But said that he thought Florence was probably in there and dealing with Glastonbury before anyone else was approached / anything could be done. So Graham would have done it then...

OilyWater93

Post by OilyWater93 » 25 Jun 2015, 07:18

What do you think chances are for more UK gigs in september-november? Any chance of a tour to Northern Europe (Norway, Denmark, Sweden)?
My head is full of suspicion, I'm coming home sometime
I've swallowed too much oily water, it keeps slipping down my spine