Page 245 of 249

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 23 May 2017, 12:37
by munch
really great album

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 25 May 2017, 01:07
by KingLouieLouie76
I listened to "TMW" in its entirety for the first time in awhile and lord....I dread when "Mirrorball" comes on knowing it's the final track... I just absolutely LOVE LOVE this album!

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 08 Jun 2017, 11:18
by britpopunionblur
Last episode of "Hipsters Hate Us" featuring my last track pick from "The Magic Whip". My favorite track will be played. Show is on 6-7 East Atlantic Time http://www.localfm.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if you guys can't listen live it'll be posted here later by my Mixcloud. This episode is an all Britpop show as well so we have - Supergrass, Pulp, Suede, Sleeper, Elastica, The Stone Roses, Liam Gallagher. Plus some Canadian indie bands (station says i have to play Canadian content)

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 08 Jun 2017, 22:42
by britpopunionblur
https://www.mixcloud.com/vailvailbinks/ ... ial-vol-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For some reason I kept saying "I" thought i was a spaceman. don't kill me lol

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 06 Jul 2017, 02:11
by KingLouieLouie76
I'm sorry for constantly coming back to this very thread... But man this album still and always will blow me away! Again.... it's a downer when I initially hear the first few chords of "Mirrorball" knowing it is the final track.... Probably has to rank/rate within the best/top 10 albums released within this past decade!

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 15 Jul 2017, 20:25
by northernmonkey
It still puts a smile on my face too. I often have pretty much all of the album playing in a rather large setlist, but it doesn't beat the feeling of listening to the actual album from start to finish, not a bad track on it, and the emotion of Blur is all over it. It seems to have every side of blur on it, plus it throws in a few surprises. How this could have come from demo tapes made in 5 days bowls me over to this day, and I would love to hear these one day.

Watching New World Towers again and again makes me believe that have to give it another go, something that didn't come across in NDLTR although it was a superior documentary film.

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 25 Jul 2017, 02:29
by KingLouieLouie76
northernmonkey wrote:It still puts a smile on my face too. I often have pretty much all of the album playing in a rather large setlist, but it doesn't beat the feeling of listening to the actual album from start to finish, not a bad track on it, and the emotion of Blur is all over it. It seems to have every side of blur on it, plus it throws in a few surprises. How this could have come from demo tapes made in 5 days bowls me over to this day, and I would love to hear these one day.

Watching New World Towers again and again makes me believe that have to give it another go, something that didn't come across in NDLTR although it was a superior documentary film.

First.. I still haven't seen "NWT" and I must finally somehow! To me... "TMW" represents every single phase of the band and ideally picked up where "13" left off and the tracks Graham appeared on during the "TT" sessions...... "TMW" is still a 10/10 for me! I really hope Damon and the boys have something in store by 2020!

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 20 Jan 2018, 12:55
by Kibarry
What's the song they play at 1:11:30? I've heard them play it before at other gigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1q4W2XdnHA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 20 Jan 2018, 13:47
by Forever Low Man
Kibarry wrote:What's the song they play at 1:11:30? I've heard them play it before at other gigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1q4W2XdnHA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
parklife

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 20 Jan 2018, 14:51
by Kibarry
Nah nah nah. The song when they're taking the selfie.

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 20 Jan 2018, 15:44
by KingLouieLouie76
Kibarry wrote:Nah nah nah. The song when they're taking the selfie.


This... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS8Th4O8VT4

The other time they did it was during Showtime after Damon jumped into the crowd during "There's No Other Way"......

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 29 Jan 2018, 12:57
by rich
well spotted mate :)

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 03 Feb 2018, 21:12
by KingLouieLouie76
rich wrote:well spotted mate :)
No problem.....

Man.... I'm still obsessed with this album! Again, I hope Damon is still writing "Blur" songs because they must follow this up within the next 2 to 3 years! "Mirrorball" again is so depressing knowing it's the last track on the album and I've always yearned for more!

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 03 Feb 2018, 21:41
by rich
Check out Graham's latest then :) - some of the 'End of the Fucking World' tracks are similarly twangy - although I do concede it's not blur :(

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Posted: 22 Feb 2018, 09:30
by JackS
Forever Low Man wrote:
Kibarry wrote:What's the song they play at 1:11:30? I've heard them play it before at other gigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1q4W2XdnHA
parklife
Never heard of that one, how does it go??

Still loving TMW three years on. Right up there with the best.