Blur - The Magic Whip

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: Blur - The Magic Whip

Postby munch » 23 May 2017, 13:37

really great album
Last edited by munch on 26 May 2017, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man
munch

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 25 May 2017, 02:07

I listened to "TMW" in its entirety for the first time in awhile and lord....I dread when "Mirrorball" comes on knowing it's the final track... I just absolutely LOVE LOVE this album!
KingLouieLouie76

Postby britpopunionblur » 08 Jun 2017, 12:18

Last episode of "Hipsters Hate Us" featuring my last track pick from "The Magic Whip". My favorite track will be played. Show is on 6-7 East Atlantic Time www.localfm.ca if you guys can't listen live it'll be posted here later by my Mixcloud. This episode is an all Britpop show as well so we have - Supergrass, Pulp, Suede, Sleeper, Elastica, The Stone Roses, Liam Gallagher. Plus some Canadian indie bands (station says i have to play Canadian content)
file:///C:/Users/Bluroasis/Desktop/Hipsters%20Hate%20Us%20107.3%20-%20Vail%20Vail%20Binks%208.jpg

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END. IF IT'S NOT ALRIGHT IT'S NOT THE END.
britpopunionblur

Postby britpopunionblur » 08 Jun 2017, 23:42

https://www.mixcloud.com/vailvailbinks/ ... ial-vol-2/

For some reason I kept saying "I" thought i was a spaceman. don't kill me lol
file:///C:/Users/Bluroasis/Desktop/Hipsters%20Hate%20Us%20107.3%20-%20Vail%20Vail%20Binks%208.jpg

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END. IF IT'S NOT ALRIGHT IT'S NOT THE END.
britpopunionblur

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 06 Jul 2017, 03:11

I'm sorry for constantly coming back to this very thread... But man this album still and always will blow me away! Again.... it's a downer when I initially hear the first few chords of "Mirrorball" knowing it is the final track.... Probably has to rank/rate within the best/top 10 albums released within this past decade!
KingLouieLouie76

Postby northernmonkey » 15 Jul 2017, 21:25

It still puts a smile on my face too. I often have pretty much all of the album playing in a rather large setlist, but it doesn't beat the feeling of listening to the actual album from start to finish, not a bad track on it, and the emotion of Blur is all over it. It seems to have every side of blur on it, plus it throws in a few surprises. How this could have come from demo tapes made in 5 days bowls me over to this day, and I would love to hear these one day.

Watching New World Towers again and again makes me believe that have to give it another go, something that didn't come across in NDLTR although it was a superior documentary film.
northernmonkey

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 25 Jul 2017, 03:29

northernmonkey wrote:It still puts a smile on my face too. I often have pretty much all of the album playing in a rather large setlist, but it doesn't beat the feeling of listening to the actual album from start to finish, not a bad track on it, and the emotion of Blur is all over it. It seems to have every side of blur on it, plus it throws in a few surprises. How this could have come from demo tapes made in 5 days bowls me over to this day, and I would love to hear these one day.

Watching New World Towers again and again makes me believe that have to give it another go, something that didn't come across in NDLTR although it was a superior documentary film.

First.. I still haven't seen "NWT" and I must finally somehow! To me... "TMW" represents every single phase of the band and ideally picked up where "13" left off and the tracks Graham appeared on during the "TT" sessions...... "TMW" is still a 10/10 for me! I really hope Damon and the boys have something in store by 2020!
KingLouieLouie76

Previous

Return to Blur