Favourite Blur album

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Favourite Blur album?

Leisure
9%
Modern Life Is Rubbish
18%
Parklife
14%
The Great Escape
No votes
Blur
18%
32%
Think Tank
5%
The Magic Whip
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: Favourite Blur album

Postby blurvert » 20 Feb 2015, 15:37

Blur
Parklife / Modern Life is Rubbish
Think Tank
The Great Escape / Leisure

We all know of the "life trilogy", but I have always thought it was a shame we didn't get a "numbers trilogy", imagine if we had two more follow ups to 13 produced by Orbit...with what D&G were doing in the post 13 years it's a question that can only be answered in a parallel universe.
blurvert

Postby TripleJay97 » 20 Feb 2015, 15:38

Rubi wrote:
aldamasta wrote:Bang is actually one of my favorite Blur singles ever. I know the band definitely doesn't agree :lol:

Bang is by far one of the most underrated Blur songs, ever. I absolutely love it. That guitar riff is heaven.

YES!
TripleJay97

Postby blurvert » 20 Feb 2015, 15:52

TripleJay97 wrote:
Rubi wrote:
aldamasta wrote:Bang is actually one of my favorite Blur singles ever. I know the band definitely doesn't agree :lol:

Bang is by far one of the most underrated Blur songs, ever. I absolutely love it. That guitar riff is heaven.

YES!

Nothing wrong with Bang. In fact I don't think Leisure has any "bad songs" on it, unlike TT, TGE. Even MLIR has it's iffy songs.
blurvert

Postby aldamasta » 20 Feb 2015, 21:46

TripleJay97 wrote:
Rubi wrote:

YES!

So glad more people agree! It's a very fun song to sing :P we all know Blur playing Country House when they first reunited was a big deal... now what if they play Bang live for the first time since 91/92 (not counting Singles Night)?? I would be SO happy! :D
aldamasta

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 23 Feb 2015, 07:40

Yes, I am inclined to agree that 'Bang' is under-rated. A good solid indie single that epitomises the period in which it was released :D

Also agree with blurvert that 'Leisure' doesn't really have a bad song on it.

Another reason why particular albums might be our favourites is down to where we were, what we were doing, how busy we were etc....

I didn't play '13' as much because I was engrossed with other things in life at the time. I rarely played 'Think Tank' at all, though upon initial listening it did not impress me.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."
Mallard No. 22

Postby Sledge Hammer » 23 Feb 2015, 17:58

Modern Life Is Rubbish for me, bought it back in 1993 and it blew me away, after not really getting into them during Leisure (was still buying Jive Bunny!). I am in the minority with 13 as im not a fan of Orbit's production, BLUREMI is so much better live without his Donald Duck tampering!

1. Modern Life Is Rubbish
2. Blur
3. Parklife
4. The Great Escape
5. 13
6. Leisure
7. Think Tank
Sledge Hammer

Postby Jensen » 23 Feb 2015, 20:36

blurvert wrote:We all know of the "life trilogy", but I have always thought it was a shame we didn't get a "numbers trilogy", imagine if we had two more follow ups to 13 produced by Orbit...with what D&G were doing in the post 13 years it's a question that can only be answered in a parallel universe.

I'd have really loved to see this, and I had renewed hopes when the guys met Orbit again and had that UTW experiment three years ago... But I guess that now it's definitely messed up... :?

So I'm seeing my ranking has some unpopular choices :lol: Oh, well...

1. 13
2. Modern Life is Rubbish
3. The Great Escape
4. Leisure
5. Parklife
6. Blur

Think Tank

As I said in another post, I love Think Tank but don't fully consider it a Blur album, so I can't seem to fit it among the rest of the albums in the ranking.
Jensen

Postby maria » 23 Feb 2015, 22:08

I'm never able to rank their albuns, but my 3 favourite never change (only their order :P ) : MLIR, Blur and 13.
maria

Postby tom_cas1 » 23 Feb 2015, 23:29

I'm looking forward to ranking The Magic Whip in my list of favourite Blur albums. For the first time in 13 years we'll have a new one to add! Seven become eight.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby Rubi » 24 Feb 2015, 06:43

Very surprised Parklife has gathered only 4 votes, considering it's the pinnacle of the band's commercial and critical success.
Rubi

Postby Forever Low Man » 25 Feb 2015, 14:57

13 has 13 votes.

heheheheheheh
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners
Forever Low Man

Postby HydeParklife » 25 Feb 2015, 21:06

Think Tank
The Great Escape
Parklife
Blur
Modern Life Is Rubbish
Leisure

I still love Think Tank, although as I remember someone pointing out on the old forum TT fans are usually people who got into Blur around that time, which would certainly be true for me, having only listened to The Best Of before that...
HydeParklife

PreviousNext

Return to Blur