general blur thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: general blur thread

Postby Mark72 » 28 Aug 2016, 21:40

Great post! ^^^ I'm so glad He took musicianship and songwriting rather than the medium that is dance!
Mark72

Postby Pavlich » 29 Aug 2016, 04:38

Wow, I've never even heard Cowboy Song. I only have 21 and that's as definitive as I've gotten. Is there a definitive list of all songs somewhere, and (every)where they appear? Could be a useful resource.

Also what is the South Park soundtrack story?
Pavlich

Postby dougharrison » 29 Aug 2016, 16:43

Pavlich wrote:Wow, I've never even heard Cowboy Song. I only have 21 and that's as definitive as I've gotten. Is there a definitive list of all songs somewhere, and (every)where they appear? Could be a useful resource.

Also what is the South Park soundtrack story?

Cowboy Song is on 21.

There is I believe a definitive list of all Blur songs and where they appear on Wikipedia. 21 covers the majority of commercially available material. TMW was released after 21. Add in Bustin & Dronin (mostly remixes and some live tracks) and then it's only real obscurities you are missing, Colours probably being the best track you then wouldn't have - lovely song, but not unmissable.

Blur were approached to appear on the South Park soundtrack - presumably with a Song 2-esque expectation from the powers that be. They then wrote/recorded what would later become Trailer Park. The men in suits (one would guess) did not approve and put out a slightly strange compilation of tunes, mostly notably worse than Trailer Park, I would assume the lyrics were slightly reworked prior to TP's release on 13. Damon appeared somewhat miffed about it at the time and allowed The Simpsons to use Song 2 in what might or might not have been something like retaliation. Think that's about all there is to the story.

EDIT: If memory serves it wasn't the soundtrack to the movie, as was released previously, more a compilation of music that loosely had South Park tagged on it, some tracks like Chocolate Salty Balls did feature heavily as did the theme by Primus, but there were plenty of other songs included that I dont recall featuring, certainly not in any significant sense anyway. Did own the soundtrack and basing all of this on my recollection of the time, but as we are talking 20 years ago might be slightly inaccurate.
dougharrison

Postby Veikko » 29 Aug 2016, 23:17

Pavlich wrote:Is there a definitive list of all songs somewhere, and (every)where they appear?

Here are all officially released Blur songs, including different edits and live versions (not present on Wikipedia's song list ;) ):
http://www.vblurpage.com/info/songlist/all.htm
Veikko
Site Admin

Postby rich » 31 Aug 2016, 01:02

Veikko wrote:
Pavlich wrote:Is there a definitive list of all songs somewhere, and (every)where they appear?

Here are all officially released Blur songs, including different edits and live versions (not present on Wikipedia's song list ;) ):
http://www.vblurpage.com/info/songlist/all.htm

I'd forgotten what a fantastic resource that list is - thanks Veikko :)

rich 8-)
He thought of cars and where, where to drive them...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405
rich

Postby Pavlich » 31 Aug 2016, 06:32

Colours is a beauty. Would love one final Blur record sounding like this, Westway...
Pavlich

Postby Forever Low Man » 06 Oct 2016, 01:52

tfw your favorite gorillaz song is from the fall
Forever Low Man

Postby JAIME » 15 Oct 2016, 18:05

Today's the 26th anniversary of She's So High/I Know, the 1rst single 8-)

JAIME

Postby Forever Low Man » 16 Oct 2016, 03:15

JAIME wrote:Today's the 26th anniversary of She's So High/I Know, the 1rst single 8-)

cool. those 2 songs rule.
Forever Low Man

Postby dparrott » 11 Nov 2016, 20:49

dparrott

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 14 Nov 2016, 08:05

....sounds like the Blur reunion was not the only thing he was itching for in 2015.... :lol:
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."
Mallard No. 22

Postby stephen » 14 Nov 2016, 10:33

You always know when the other band members are busy, because the Alex James camp always releases something non-newsy.
Westway wrote:pyongyang and mirrorball are really good
stephen

PreviousNext

Return to Blur