general blur thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

User avatar
Mark72
Posts: 1148
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 09:52
Location: Merrie Land
Contact:

Re: general blur thread

Post by Mark72 » 10 Feb 2016, 19:52

JAIME wrote:
Consigliere_11 wrote:Mister Michael Smiths played a game of "Find where Coldplay copied blur" today https://twitter.com/mrmichaelsmith/stat ... 0725835777" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coldplay's song is super boring.
Not the first time....
http://www.contactmusic.com/chris-marti ... ur_1076810" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

User avatar
Mark72
Posts: 1148
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 09:52
Location: Merrie Land
Contact:

Re: general blur thread

Post by Mark72 » 10 Feb 2016, 20:47

Nice peace on the famous Walthamstow stadium sign( apologies for E17 appearing)
https://www.facebook.com/ITVLondon/vide ... nref=story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

JAIME
Posts: 2204
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: general blur thread

Post by JAIME » 12 Feb 2016, 19:07

I discovered this live version yesterday: Fade Away (live at the Avalon, Boston, February 11, 1996): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnN0z_CjqAg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But according to http://www.vblurpage.com/gigography/199 ... avalon.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Blur didn't play Fade Away that night in Boston.

Anyone knows if this live version is from that night in Boston?
Image

User avatar
Veikko
Site Admin
Posts: 737
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 19:44
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: general blur thread

Post by Veikko » 13 Feb 2016, 00:31

JAIME wrote:I discovered this live version yesterday: Fade Away (live at the Avalon, Boston, February 11, 1996): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnN0z_CjqAg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But according to http://www.vblurpage.com/gigography/199 ... avalon.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Blur didn't play Fade Away that night in Boston.

Anyone knows if this live version is from that night in Boston?
Hello Jaime, I doubt that recording is from Boston, because they didn't play "Fade Away" in 1996 (well, at least according to setlists). The recording must be from the latter half of 1995, when they regularly performed the song.

The same uploader also has It Could Be You supposedly from Avalon, but it sounds different to the actual Avalon recording.

JAIME
Posts: 2204
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: general blur thread

Post by JAIME » 15 Feb 2016, 14:17

Veikko wrote:
JAIME wrote:I discovered this live version yesterday: Fade Away (live at the Avalon, Boston, February 11, 1996): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnN0z_CjqAg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But according to http://www.vblurpage.com/gigography/199 ... avalon.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Blur didn't play Fade Away that night in Boston.

Anyone knows if this live version is from that night in Boston?
Hello Jaime, I doubt that recording is from Boston, because they didn't play "Fade Away" in 1996 (well, at least according to setlists). The recording must be from the latter half of 1995, when they regularly performed the song.

The same uploader also has It Could Be You supposedly from Avalon, but it sounds different to the actual Avalon recording.
Oh, cool to know it now! Thank you very much Veikko! :P
Image

mishmosh
Posts: 63
Joined: 03 Apr 2015, 17:32

Re: general blur thread

Post by mishmosh » 20 Feb 2016, 11:35

Damon is receiving his OBE at the Palace next month (March).

JAIME
Posts: 2204
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: general blur thread

Post by JAIME » 22 Feb 2016, 14:11

The single Tender turns 17 today...(it includes 2 of my fave B-sides: All We Want and French Song)

Tender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaHrqKKFnSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All We Want: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXaKWA51sho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mellow Jam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXTjyze0Jg4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
French Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81kpCERmwyY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: general blur thread

Post by 101reykjavik » 22 Feb 2016, 21:00

I well remember buying the CD. I only bought CD2 for some reason at the time, I don't remember why, that wasn't like me! I must have been short of dosh or something. And it being played by Zoe Ball on the Radio One Breakfast show when I was driving to work.
Image

dougharrison
Posts: 280
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 03:01

Re: general blur thread

Post by dougharrison » 22 Feb 2016, 22:13

101reykjavik wrote:I well remember buying the CD. I only bought CD2 for some reason at the time, I don't remember why, that wasn't like me! I must have been short of dosh or something. And it being played by Zoe Ball on the Radio One Breakfast show when I was driving to work.
If I remember rightly the B-sides for a lead single weren't great, I stand to be corrected, but wasn't it something like single edit, instrumental version, video and Song 2? Think the other CD was far better. Like most here I;m sure I got both anyway, but I remember thinking that there wasn't much new material across the releases

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: general blur thread

Post by AdvertBreak » 22 Feb 2016, 22:23

It's got a better cover than CD1 though. Just as Lt Pinkerton.

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: general blur thread

Post by 101reykjavik » 22 Feb 2016, 23:05

AdvertBreak wrote:It's got a better cover than CD1 though. Just as Lt Pinkerton.
Maybe that's why I bought it... :lol:
Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5588
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: general blur thread

Post by AdvertBreak » 24 Feb 2016, 23:44

Here's a new song by Simon Tong's latest project, The Magnetic North

http://www.transversomedia.com/articles ... -the-woods" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JAIME
Posts: 2204
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: general blur thread

Post by JAIME » 27 Feb 2016, 19:46

27 Feb 1990: Brixton Academy (Blur supported Mega City Four and The Cramps)

Was this the first "Blur" concert? (until December 1989 they were still "Seymour")
Image

dparrott
Posts: 604
Joined: 30 Sep 2014, 03:42
Location: California

Re: general blur thread

Post by dparrott » 03 Mar 2016, 14:56

JAIME wrote:The single Tender turns 17 today...(it includes 2 of my fave B-sides: All We Want and French Song)
Me Too. Still don't get why they put Song 2 as a b-side on there. As if we hadn't heard it enough! Lazy. :roll:

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7047
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: general blur thread

Post by TripleJay97 » 07 Mar 2016, 08:38

http://shop.blur.co.uk/en/blur/merchand ... milky.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why the fuck is this £15
Image

Post Reply