Blur Picture Thread

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Jensen

Re: Blur Picture Thread

Post by Jensen » 03 May 2015, 09:33

101reykjavik wrote:
munch wrote: It's so good to see him so relaxed. It's really the biggest sign Blur is back.

also: where can isee that video?
It's indeed great to see. The video is in the Jimmy Fallon thread or you can download it in the Live Downloads 2015 section.
Right? I don't remember them that happy during their promotion of 2009 or 2012. I mean look at them lately, they are beaming! Damon acting goofy is also a pleasure to see and reminds me of old times. I take all of it as a very good sign :)

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 04 May 2015, 18:00

awwww just came across searching the "damon albarn" tag in tumblr with pictures of both Missy and Pepper holding the LP and cd, I won't post them here since they're minors and all that, but I guess you guys could find them if you look up in tumblr, they looked to happy, I wonder what is like to have a cool dad, my dad listened to music that was already old when he was young! lol

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 04 May 2015, 21:34

Yeah, i've seen the pics of Missy and Pepper, cute! :D

And seeing a more recent pic of Missy with make up and all really makes me wonder if it wasn't her who was near me at Mode's gig (well, there was definitely Pepper on my left anyway)

Look at them! Awwww...!!! :D

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 04 May 2015, 22:48

What interview is that?? I've just seen the bottom picture

D'awww cute! it's a bit annoying that these grown men can be cute... I most definitely don't look look cute in my pictures :cry:

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 04 May 2015, 23:03

Found the link on twitter, it's from a German interview. I don't understand much of what they're saying (there is an interpreter translating at the same time they're speaking and my German is very, very rusty :mrgreen: ) but have a look, sounds both hilarious and sweet! The chemistry... <3

http://www.daserste.de/information/wiss ... w-100.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 04 May 2015, 23:12

I was just waching it aswell!! damn dubbing what's wrong with subtittles?? anyways... most certainly there's a couple of anecdotes there! Can someone interpret from the german?? :)

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 04 May 2015, 23:18

what's with Graham and his chair at the beginning? :lol: (also, what happened to his fringe? did he let Dorelia play with scissors? :lol: yet, i love it that way, hehe) I would like to know who those two guys on the picture are at the end :?

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 04 May 2015, 23:26

Well the guy introducing the video was talking about important partnerships in music Lennon/Mcartney etc, so I guess these two are some german musicians? :?

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 04 May 2015, 23:28

Damon put the teapot lid on the chair, so it probably got a bit wet, that's why Graham was cleaning it :lol:

Legless Owl

Post by Legless Owl » 04 May 2015, 23:33

Oh, yeah, right! I'd noticed the teapot but hadn't paid attention to damon putting the lid on the chair as I was too busy looking at Gra and the curtain :lol:

sara-m-a

Post by sara-m-a » 04 May 2015, 23:38

anyways.... chop chop!! who's gonna translate that?? pretty please? :cry:

http://www.daserste.de/information/wiss ... w-100.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Levitz

Post by Levitz » 05 May 2015, 02:50

Legless Owl wrote:what's with Graham and his chair at the beginning? :lol: (also, what happened to his fringe? did he let Dorelia play with scissors? :lol: yet, i love it that way, hehe) I would like to know who those two guys on the picture are at the end :?
The picture at the end looked like Gilbert & George who are a well known artist duo/couple who I think met at Central St Martins and (famously) live together in Spitalfields, East London. Not sure what the relevance was to the interview though, other than they are a partnership.......

Levitz

Post by Levitz » 05 May 2015, 03:46

Not a translation but from what bits I can hear under the German....

Damon - we decided that it was the perfect opportunity to see if we still had it and could make interesting music together and that's really how we made the record

Graham - It's an odd feeling and it's very intense so I suppose that in some ways [inaudible] Damon would say stuff then that would perhaps trigger, they were sort of triggers

Damon - It's a miraculous record in a way it's one of the easiest I've ever been involved in to complete

The voice over seems to talk about when they met, then when Blur became big with G&B, then mentions pressure, alcohol and drugs and I think Graham leaving

Graham - Our relationship has had to go through a lot, it's long term, its a long term friendship. Then it's [inaudible but I think he says something about it being like being brothers] It's really horrible when you're absolutely tired and under a lot of pressure to sustain your position as a top rock band is always there and you're always going to be knocked down if you take your eye off the ball and there's a constant pressure, I suppose its like a kettle, [makes weird kettle noise!] all the time, you know explodes all over the place. I don't think we've ever stood there and shouted [inaudible] or threw glasses and ?

Damon - you did try and take my head off with a guitar in Dublin

Graham - Did I?

Damon - yeah, it's ok , I luckily moved just in time

Graham - an electric one?

Damon - yes

Graham - right [laughs and falls about]

The voiceover then talks about MTH and presumably that it's about their relationship

Damon - that records not all about Graham [big grin] but, but, but that song is definitely

Graham is asked how he feels about that

Graham - I don't know, I got,I had the feeling, I don't know its just, [inaudible] I guess people love to have songs written about them, you know but I see it as sort of affectionate really

Then something about it being a happy end and something I think about it being 20 years since Gilbert & George and then they seem to pose like them with Graham saying 'they seem pretty happy I think, don't they?" Then Damon says something I can't hear.

munch

Post by munch » 05 May 2015, 10:29

sara-m-a wrote:awwww just came across searching the "damon albarn" tag in tumblr with pictures of both Missy and Pepper holding the LP and cd, I won't post them here since they're minors and all that, but I guess you guys could find them if you look up in tumblr, they looked to happy, I wonder what is like to have a cool dad, my dad listened to music that was already old when he was young! lol
So jealous of them! I want one of them to be my dad. Or like... friend... :D
Mr ( ͡° ͜- ͡°) K
https://www.facebook.com/Blur2Australia
My animated I Broadcast submission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRqhEDr70M
I'm country sad
I'm a ballad man

Jensen

Post by Jensen » 05 May 2015, 10:47

Am I late for the fangirling? XDD I haven't understood a single word in the german interview but the fondness between them speaks volumes :)