Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

bugman
Posts: 950
Joined: 23 Sep 2014, 20:21

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by bugman » 21 Oct 2014, 21:59

101reykjavik wrote:New Gorillaz AND TGTBATQ would be brilliant indeed. Sounds like the musical is his priority for now though, so I'll not get my hopes up.
gbq/gorillaz really 4 album-im fucking happy about 2 album but who is a producer ? rusell (fuck, no!),damon?-his pb was good but so good as street's albums, orbit, hiller and danger's mouse

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7687
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by tom_cas1 » 22 Oct 2014, 17:00

Danger Mouse for both is who I want.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

davidsutter
Posts: 908
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 17:06
Location: Clarksville, IN
Contact:

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by davidsutter » 22 Oct 2014, 19:43

I always thought GBQ would have benefited from a more traditional production.
Just because the live shows were so great.

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7687
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by tom_cas1 » 22 Oct 2014, 21:27

Yeah they had more OOMPH when they played live. Great shows, especially with they all swapped instruments (minus Tony) and played Guns Of Brixton at their Bristol show. One of the highlights from any show I've seen. That was amazing.

Truth be told I'm more excited about a new album from TGTB&TQ than I am from Gorillaz. I'm surprised they didn't release a second album, I remember Damon saying they recorded a bunch of new songs for it. I forget which year that was though. 2008 maybe? Before the Blur reunion for sure.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by 101reykjavik » 23 Oct 2014, 12:26

No, I wasn't a particular fan of Danger Mouse's production on TGTBATQ. Thought his style suited Gorillaz much better. Which is a shame, because when I first heard the songs in live form at the Pig's Nose they were spectacular. Some of those melodies really moved me on first hearing them, but the songs lost something on the record. I'd like a simple, unobtrusive recording style if we get more TGTBATQ tracks.
Image

bugman
Posts: 950
Joined: 23 Sep 2014, 20:21

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by bugman » 23 Oct 2014, 13:09

tom_cas1 wrote:Yeah they had more OOMPH when they played live. Great shows, especially with they all swapped instruments (minus Tony) and played Guns Of Brixton at their Bristol show. One of the highlights from any show I've seen. That was amazing.

Truth be told I'm more excited about a new album from TGTB&TQ than I am from Gorillaz. I'm surprised they didn't release a second album, I remember Damon saying they recorded a bunch of new songs for it. I forget which year that was though. 2008 maybe? Before the Blur reunion for sure.
in 2008, tony said that they recorded some songs to second album (more funky)but what i remember paul wasn't be so happy to play with them one more time

Pasta
Posts: 692
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by Pasta » 23 Oct 2014, 15:07

tom_cas1 wrote:Truth be told I'm more excited about a new album from TGTB&TQ than I am from Gorillaz.
yes, i definitely agree, all my mates say i'm wrong but the first album is joint with demon days for the best thing damon's done outside of blur for me

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7687
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 Oct 2014, 15:47

Pasta wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Truth be told I'm more excited about a new album from TGTB&TQ than I am from Gorillaz.
yes, i definitely agree, all my mates say i'm wrong but the first album is joint with demon days for the best thing damon's done outside of blur for me
Totally agree with you! Really great album and the b-sides were solid too. Very cool. Sadly Damon hasn't done anything that good since, at least that's my opinion.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Pasta
Posts: 692
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 12:11

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by Pasta » 23 Oct 2014, 17:29

tom_cas1 wrote:
Pasta wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Truth be told I'm more excited about a new album from TGTB&TQ than I am from Gorillaz.
yes, i definitely agree, all my mates say i'm wrong but the first album is joint with demon days for the best thing damon's done outside of blur for me
Totally agree with you! Really great album and the b-sides were solid too. Very cool. Sadly Damon hasn't done anything that good since, at least that's my opinion.
Yep, Mr Whippy and both of the England, Summer (In Black & White) songs are great

bugman
Posts: 950
Joined: 23 Sep 2014, 20:21

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by bugman » 23 Oct 2014, 18:04

Pasta wrote:
Yep, Mr Whippy and both of the England, Summer (In Black & White) songs are great
never be a fan of mr whippy. those instrumental tracks are much better

and i agree with u guys-GBQ is the best damon's record since 2007.

User avatar
MsMagicAmerica
Posts: 1512
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:33
Location: New Jersey,USA
Contact:

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 23 Oct 2014, 19:54

101reykjavik wrote:No, I wasn't a particular fan of Danger Mouse's production on TGTBATQ. Thought his style suited Gorillaz much better. Which is a shame, because when I first heard the songs in live form at the Pig's Nose they were spectacular. Some of those melodies really moved me on first hearing them, but the songs lost something on the record. I'd like a simple, unobtrusive recording style if we get more TGTBATQ tracks.
Same here, I loved the live versions but the album versions were missing something.

I'm super excited about the Gorillaz news. I really like Plastic Beach I didn't think it was as good as Demon Days, but I don't think anything will be as that album is a masterpiece.

Is 2-J on this forum?
Image

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by 101reykjavik » 23 Oct 2014, 20:08

Not sure I've seen 2-J on here. I don't think so.
Image

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7687
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 Oct 2014, 21:29

I was under the impression that this was 2J:
JordanPowers wrote:
davidsutter wrote:(Does this mean 2-J's gonna open his website back up?)
I don't even know if G-U will be back up even when the album comes out. :P
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

metalhipslop
Posts: 803
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 02:13
Location: The Great White North

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by metalhipslop » 24 Oct 2014, 21:53

Very anxious for new Gorillaz.
Hopefully we will see more from the cartoon characters this time. I liked the whole Plastic Beach concept and visuals, but their wasn't enough from the cartoon characters like on the first 2 albums. I think Damon & Jamie realized this
The live show was one of the greatest things I have seen though, and I hope if there are shows again they do it in a similar way.
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

Liese
Posts: 224
Joined: 05 Sep 2014, 12:03
Location: I'm in outer space

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Post by Liese » 25 Oct 2014, 09:11

Very, very excited for a new GBQ.

Would not mind a new Gorillaz, but then again I do not see a great difference between a new Gorillaz or a new Damon solo project, except for the visuals of course (which, I have to admit, I do not care about too much... yes, it's out now... :oops: ).
"I'm bizarrely a [...] lawyer, and that takes up every spare second of the day -- forever."


Image

Post Reply