Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Postby bugman » 21 Oct 2014, 21:59

101reykjavik wrote:New Gorillaz AND TGTBATQ would be brilliant indeed. Sounds like the musical is his priority for now though, so I'll not get my hopes up.

gbq/gorillaz really 4 album-im fucking happy about 2 album but who is a producer ? rusell (fuck, no!),damon?-his pb was good but so good as street's albums, orbit, hiller and danger's mouse
bugman

Postby tom_cas1 » 22 Oct 2014, 17:00

Danger Mouse for both is who I want.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby davidsutter » 22 Oct 2014, 19:43

I always thought GBQ would have benefited from a more traditional production.
Just because the live shows were so great.
davidsutter

Postby tom_cas1 » 22 Oct 2014, 21:27

Yeah they had more OOMPH when they played live. Great shows, especially with they all swapped instruments (minus Tony) and played Guns Of Brixton at their Bristol show. One of the highlights from any show I've seen. That was amazing.

Truth be told I'm more excited about a new album from TGTB&TQ than I am from Gorillaz. I'm surprised they didn't release a second album, I remember Damon saying they recorded a bunch of new songs for it. I forget which year that was though. 2008 maybe? Before the Blur reunion for sure.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby 101reykjavik » 23 Oct 2014, 12:26

No, I wasn't a particular fan of Danger Mouse's production on TGTBATQ. Thought his style suited Gorillaz much better. Which is a shame, because when I first heard the songs in live form at the Pig's Nose they were spectacular. Some of those melodies really moved me on first hearing them, but the songs lost something on the record. I'd like a simple, unobtrusive recording style if we get more TGTBATQ tracks.
101reykjavik

Postby bugman » 23 Oct 2014, 13:09

tom_cas1 wrote:Yeah they had more OOMPH when they played live. Great shows, especially with they all swapped instruments (minus Tony) and played Guns Of Brixton at their Bristol show. One of the highlights from any show I've seen. That was amazing.

Truth be told I'm more excited about a new album from TGTB&TQ than I am from Gorillaz. I'm surprised they didn't release a second album, I remember Damon saying they recorded a bunch of new songs for it. I forget which year that was though. 2008 maybe? Before the Blur reunion for sure.

in 2008, tony said that they recorded some songs to second album (more funky)but what i remember paul wasn't be so happy to play with them one more time
bugman

Postby Pasta » 23 Oct 2014, 15:07

tom_cas1 wrote:Truth be told I'm more excited about a new album from TGTB&TQ than I am from Gorillaz.

yes, i definitely agree, all my mates say i'm wrong but the first album is joint with demon days for the best thing damon's done outside of blur for me
Pasta

Postby tom_cas1 » 23 Oct 2014, 15:47

Pasta wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Truth be told I'm more excited about a new album from TGTB&TQ than I am from Gorillaz.

yes, i definitely agree, all my mates say i'm wrong but the first album is joint with demon days for the best thing damon's done outside of blur for me

Totally agree with you! Really great album and the b-sides were solid too. Very cool. Sadly Damon hasn't done anything that good since, at least that's my opinion.
tom_cas1

Postby Pasta » 23 Oct 2014, 17:29

tom_cas1 wrote:
Pasta wrote:

Totally agree with you! Really great album and the b-sides were solid too. Very cool. Sadly Damon hasn't done anything that good since, at least that's my opinion.

Yep, Mr Whippy and both of the England, Summer (In Black & White) songs are great
Pasta

Postby bugman » 23 Oct 2014, 18:04

Pasta wrote:
Yep, Mr Whippy and both of the England, Summer (In Black & White) songs are great

never be a fan of mr whippy. those instrumental tracks are much better

and i agree with u guys-GBQ is the best damon's record since 2007.
bugman

Postby MsMagicAmerica » 23 Oct 2014, 19:54

101reykjavik wrote:No, I wasn't a particular fan of Danger Mouse's production on TGTBATQ. Thought his style suited Gorillaz much better. Which is a shame, because when I first heard the songs in live form at the Pig's Nose they were spectacular. Some of those melodies really moved me on first hearing them, but the songs lost something on the record. I'd like a simple, unobtrusive recording style if we get more TGTBATQ tracks.

Same here, I loved the live versions but the album versions were missing something.

I'm super excited about the Gorillaz news. I really like Plastic Beach I didn't think it was as good as Demon Days, but I don't think anything will be as that album is a masterpiece.

Is 2-J on this forum?
MsMagicAmerica

Postby 101reykjavik » 23 Oct 2014, 20:08

Not sure I've seen 2-J on here. I don't think so.
101reykjavik

PreviousNext

Return to Blur