Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Postby JAIME » 14 Oct 2014, 14:27

A couple of members of the staff of Damon Albarn said last week to some fans in Argentina and Chile, that it's possible that Gorillaz will do a concert in Chile in 2015.

After the words of Damon on thursday's night in Santiago ("You are, you are, you are, definitely the loudest audiece we've had", "You've exceeded my expectations", etc.) I think it's quite possible.
JAIME

Re: Rumours about Gorillaz in Chile in 2015

Postby tom_cas1 » 14 Oct 2014, 16:13

So not that far away then, if true of course. I guess that suggests new material has already been written and maybe recorded, if this is to be believed. Don't see them playing any shows without any new material. But then again we know what Damon's like, maybe he won't want to hurt the Gorillaz legacy by releasing a new album... :P
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby beatfloh » 14 Oct 2014, 20:08

JAIME wrote:A couple of members of the staff of Damon Albarn said last week to some fans in Argentina and Chile, that it's possible that Gorillaz will do a concert in Chile in 2015.

After the words of Damon on thursday's night in Santiago ("You are, you are, you are, definitely the loudest audiece we've had", "You've exceeded my expectations", etc.) I think it's quite possible.

Pauli tweeted, cu you in 2015 :D
beatfloh

Postby JordanPowers » 15 Oct 2014, 16:50

tom_cas1 wrote:So not that far away then, if true of course. I guess that suggests new material has already been written and maybe recorded, if this is to be believed. Don't see them playing any shows without any new material. But then again we know what Damon's like, maybe he won't want to hurt the Gorillaz legacy by releasing a new album... :P

Dude, Damon's said an almost overwhelming amount of times that he really wants to make another Gorillaz record, and the way he says it, you can tell he's really eager to do it, unlike the blur record, where it kind of felt like he didn't think it was a big deal, but with Gorillaz it almost seems like he's super hype for a new record. Besides, haven't Blur already tried to record a new album before that announcement at the live show that ended up being a failure? Maybe he just doesn't have the spirit for another Blur album anymore. Plus, with Gorillaz he can basically make one whenever he feels like it and all he really needs is Jamie. Blur is different because it's more of a band than a solo act, and he reaally needs Alex, Graham, and Dave to do one, and if they're too busy, they won't be able to get it done. You can tell Jamie misses Gorillaz too; look at his instagram, he was posting new Gorillaz artwork for a while. I think a Gorillaz album is a lot more likely than a new Blur record was.

I understand that a lot of you are upset about Blur changing their mind about the new album, but I don't understand how that means Damon's not going to try and record for the rest of his projects. Like I said, while Blur is a straight-up rock band, musically, Gorillaz is basically a solo project from Damon that he could do any time he felt like doing it.

Besides, isn't Graham the first one that said there was gonna be a new Blur record like two years ago and not long after he answered 'no' when someone asked if there's gonna be a new blur album? He did this before anybody else, why wasn't anybody just assuming he's not gonna make anymore big records either, then?
TripleJay97 wrote:
Westway wrote:this should be in the blur section

You should be off the Blur forum
JordanPowers

Postby Veikko » 18 Oct 2014, 18:29

Sydney Morning Herald recently interviewed Damon and suggests the Gorillaz album will out in 2016 (plus the next GBQ album is fully written!):

"Albarn is currently writing a West End theatre musical adaptation of a children's book, is in the process of reactivating Gorillaz for a 2016 release and is trying to find time to record a new The Good, the Bad & The Queen album, which he says is fully written. When asked of the status of Blur, however, he's more hesitant. "I would imagine there's some kind of future," he says warily, "but at the moment there's no time for the future – only the present. Who knows? I'm reluctant to say anything, because if I do, it just gets taken out of context and then I'm accused of being a wind-up.""

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... 16can.html
Veikko
Site Admin

Postby daii » 18 Oct 2014, 19:21

2016? I don't know if I'm too anxious about Gorillaz but I was hoping something for next year. I know it takes a lot of time, but 2016 seems so far away
daii

Postby JordanPowers » 19 Oct 2014, 01:18

daii wrote:2016? I don't know if I'm too anxious about Gorillaz but I was hoping something for next year. I know it takes a lot of time, but 2016 seems so far away

Hasn't he been saying he's gonna be having a musical showing next year? Plus, he said he only started writing the Gorillaz songs just this summer. So, how could he complete a barely started Gorillaz record and show those musicals at the same time without rushing it? Gorillaz is a huge project, dude. Those records usually take a long time to work on and put out. Considering the stuff he has planned already, 2015 is too close in my book. I'd prefer it if he and Jamie took their time and not rush the whole thing.
TripleJay97 wrote:

JordanPowers

Re: Damon: "New Gorillaz Album In 2016"

Postby tom_cas1 » 19 Oct 2014, 22:50

I've gone ahead and changed the title of the thread so we can use this thread to talk about these new album rumours instead of other threads popping up about the same thing. :)

Regarding a new album, I love the news. I hope Damon can be believed. I feel that Plastic Beach wasn't as good as Demon Days and to end the band on The Fall would have been a huge mistake. I definitely welcome a new album! And the same goes for The Good The Bad & The Queen. :mrgreen:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby davidsutter » 19 Oct 2014, 23:53

I'm glad to hear about Gorillaz and GBQ coming back.
His shit in the past couple years has been a bit weak and I'm sure those will be great.

(Does this mean 2-J's gonna open his website back up?)
davidsutter

Postby JordanPowers » 21 Oct 2014, 05:06

davidsutter wrote:(Does this mean 2-J's gonna open his website back up?)

I don't even know if G-U will be back up even when the album comes out. :P
TripleJay97 wrote:

JordanPowers

Postby TripleJay97 » 21 Oct 2014, 06:55

Damon better not back down from his word now, the world is going apeshit for new Gorillaz. No pun intended.
TripleJay97

Postby 101reykjavik » 21 Oct 2014, 22:31

New Gorillaz AND TGTBATQ would be brilliant indeed. Sounds like the musical is his priority for now though, so I'll not get my hopes up.
101reykjavik

Next

Return to Blur