Official blur forum to shut down

Discussion about the band and related projects.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

JAIME
Posts: 2201
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by JAIME » 09 Sep 2014, 01:49

Hello people!

I've been reading Veikko's page almost everyday this year (especially the Gigography section), but only today I registered myself in this forum.

Nice to see the "old posters" from the Blur forum here.
Last edited by JAIME on 09 Sep 2014, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.
Image

davidsutter
Posts: 914
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 17:06
Location: Clarksville, IN
Contact:

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by davidsutter » 09 Sep 2014, 02:31

MsMagicAmerica wrote:Hello! :)

maffed
Posts: 93
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 17:15

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by maffed » 09 Sep 2014, 12:05

Hi, everyone! I'm a Damon fan from Italy who's been trying to register to the official forum lots of months ago but never succeeded (the managers never replied with an email for confirmation)... Now that we're all here, I'd like to thank Veikko for the opportunity!!!
Sugar Plum Fairy, Sugar Plum Fairy

User avatar
rich
Posts: 896
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 16:58
Location: London

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by rich » 10 Sep 2014, 00:43

maffed wrote:Hi, everyone! I'm a Damon fan from Italy who's been trying to register to the official forum lots of months ago but never succeeded (the managers never replied with an email for confirmation)... Now that we're all here, I'd like to thank Veikko for the opportunity!!!
Hi maffed

I had similar, but not as bad as your, experiences with the old forum...

The 2012 gigs rekindled my interest in actively following blur - but it took me about 2 months to get into the forum - had to track down a mod offline and hassle them by email until my membership was activated :roll:

anyway, this place seems to be working smoothly - like other forums I'm involved with (Saab cars actually - I'm a bit of a petrolhead :oops: )

so - looking forward to Veikko's - fab place already!

rich 8-)

Missy
Posts: 36
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 06:51
Location: Italy

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by Missy » 10 Sep 2014, 12:09

Hi all!
Same experience of Maffed in the old forum: I've tried several time to activate an account but it didn't work, so I've just read the posts.
In this forum account activated in no time.
I'm from Italy too. Maybe some problem with our country??
I don't know, but finally, we can post here.
I'm a quite new Blur fan, and quite old. I'm 46 but in mad love with Blur. Unluckily I've never saw them live, but I've managed to see Damon this summer in Italy. Best concert of my live.
Have a good day and I hope this forum will be nice and enjoiable like the the old one!

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7708
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by tom_cas1 » 10 Sep 2014, 14:15

Hi Missy, no problem with Italy. The Admin was slack on the old forum with registering new users, especially after 2012.

Great to see you here though!
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by 101reykjavik » 10 Sep 2014, 16:16

rich wrote:
maffed wrote:Hi, everyone! I'm a Damon fan from Italy who's been trying to register to the official forum lots of months ago but never succeeded (the managers never replied with an email for confirmation)... Now that we're all here, I'd like to thank Veikko for the opportunity!!!
Hi maffed

I had similar, but not as bad as your, experiences with the old forum...

The 2012 gigs rekindled my interest in actively following blur - but it took me about 2 months to get into the forum - had to track down a mod offline and hassle them by email until my membership was activated :roll:

anyway, this place seems to be working smoothly - like other forums I'm involved with (Saab cars actually - I'm a bit of a petrolhead :oops: )

so - looking forward to Veikko's - fab place already!

rich 8-)
Well, if you ever want to bore on about cars I'm all ears. Anything to do with four wheels and I'll generally be interested. It's Minis with me. 8-)
Image

elasticaman
Posts: 559
Joined: 09 Jun 2012, 10:42

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by elasticaman » 11 Sep 2014, 05:05

fuck the official forum blur are dead anyways

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7031
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by TripleJay97 » 14 Sep 2014, 20:07

The feeling is mutual.
Image

davidsutter
Posts: 914
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 17:06
Location: Clarksville, IN
Contact:

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by davidsutter » 14 Sep 2014, 20:31

the other three guys closed the forum to keep graham from leaking their greatest secrets

JAIME
Posts: 2201
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:12
Location: Villa Alemana & Santiago, CHILE

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by JAIME » 15 Sep 2014, 14:43

davidsutter wrote:the other three guys closed the forum to keep graham from leaking their greatest secrets
:lol:
Image

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by Forever Low Man » 16 Sep 2014, 00:05

davidsutter wrote:the other three guys closed the forum to keep graham from leaking their greatest secrets
Alex and Dave didn't mind. It was all Damon's fault.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

northernmonkey
Posts: 270
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 08:59

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by northernmonkey » 19 Sep 2014, 10:13

So this is our new home eh :) Luckily it feels pretty much like the old one, phew panic over :)

maffed
Posts: 93
Joined: 22 Aug 2014, 17:15

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by maffed » 20 Sep 2014, 18:02

Sorry for the ignorance, but was "tweedo" actually the real Graham, in the Blur forum?
Sugar Plum Fairy, Sugar Plum Fairy

beatfloh
Posts: 337
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 18:11

Re: Official blur forum to shut down

Post by beatfloh » 20 Sep 2014, 18:30

maffed wrote:Sorry for the ignorance, but was "tweedo" actually the real Graham, in the Blur forum?
yes, he was indeed. It was kind of an open secret on the forum until NME revealed his ID when he was having a rant

http://www.nme.com/news/blur/39869

Post Reply