2018 Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Are.....

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

KingLouieLouie76

2018 Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Are.....

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 14 Dec 2017, 05:29

https://www.rockhall.com/class-2018-inductees" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bon Jovi, the Cars, Moody Blues, and Dire Straits are the headliners.... Not the greatest assortment by any means whatsoever!

tom_cas1

Re: 2018 Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Are.....

Post by tom_cas1 » 15 Dec 2017, 15:14

You forgot to mention Nina Simone and Sister Rosetta Tharpe, two people who should have been in there a long time ago. Great to see them finally recognised.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 16 Dec 2017, 12:48

tom_cas1 wrote:You forgot to mention Nina Simone and Sister Rosetta Tharpe, two people who should have been in there a long time ago. Great to see them finally recognised.

I didn't mean any disrespect towards those two very deserving acts by omitting them from my list. I love the full ceremony when someone inducts the band, the acceptance speeches, and when the band performs together and of course those two are being inducted post posthumously. Even the Cars' induction is immensely diminished by the way too premature death of their bassist, Ben Orr, who was the heart and soul and prominent voice of their earlier hits. Yes being inducted without Chris Squire also was a travesty in its own right. He was in every incarnation and deserved to experience such that honor firsthand.

But yes, those two aforementioned legends were trailblazing! And agreed... long overdue!

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 17 Dec 2017, 17:44

I actually think this group is better than the past few years.

Dire Straits, Nina Simone, and the Moody Blues should have been in there years ago.

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 19 Dec 2017, 06:43

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:Bon Jovi, the Cars, Moody Blues, and Dire Straits are the headliners....
All very mainstream, though probably deserving.

Glad that Nina Simone is there - I love her work from the late 60s period.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."