The Smithereens Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

The Smithereens Thread

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 14 Dec 2017, 02:56

I've been gutted all day since hearing the news of the passing of Smithereens lead singer/rhythm guitarist, Pat DiNizio at 62..... Smithereens have been among my all-time faves for 30 years and were highly influential, their album "11" was what Kurt kept on playing while Nirvana was recording "Nevermind", but ironically Grunge of all things prevented the Smithereens from receiving all the recognition that they fully deserved... Just so down right now and will be playing their music for the remainder of the night.....

Don't know if anyone else is into them, but if not.. you should certainly check them out for yourself!

Edit: This right here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwvEYtzV23k
KingLouieLouie76

Re: The Smithereens Thread

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 19 Dec 2017, 07:34

Sorry to hear about the death of the singer.

I am not familiar with the band as such, though they did get some UK airplay around the time of grunge. I remember a version of the Ringo song 'It Don't Come Easy'.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."
Mallard No. 22

Re: The Smithereens Thread

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Dec 2017, 00:14

Mallard No. 22 wrote:Sorry to hear about the death of the singer.

I am not familiar with the band as such, though they did get some UK airplay around the time of grunge. I remember a version of the Ringo song 'It Don't Come Easy'.

Yeah...you and I discussed them under another thread and you compared their song "Blood and Roses" from their 1986 debut album, "Especially For You" to REM and a close friend of mine recently did the exact same thing. They influenced Nirvana, but Grunge killed them in the process unfortunately. They deserved a lot more recognition than they received.
KingLouieLouie76

Return to Music Is My Radar