Calvin Harris

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

Caitlin

Calvin Harris

Post by Caitlin » 01 Jul 2017, 07:13

Anyone listening to the new album yet? It's a goddamn MASTERPIECE (I know I'm saying that about every pop album I love at the moment, so apologies).

Hard To Love and Faking It are my two stand out favorites at the moment, but the whole thing is great.

Alternately, I'm happy to discuss any of his earlier work (I Created Disco is one of my favourite albums ever) because let's be real, when he writes a good song, he writes a damn good song.

inb4 any haters whining that you hate his music, good for you, but unless you can do more than grunt like a neanderthal when i ask you why you dislike it you can bugger right off, thank you.

AdvertBreak

Re: Calvin Harris

Post by AdvertBreak » 01 Jul 2017, 15:16

Was never expecting to be intrigued in the new album but I am; he has lined up a lot of names. Not been a fan of any of the singles he's put out in the last 7 years or so although I have a soft spot for his 2000s hits. I Created Disco might be LCD Soundsystem homages (especially the repetition of "my house") with Mylo-style Scottish bedroom producer charm but that's not a bad thing.