The Aerosmith Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

KingLouieLouie76

The Aerosmith Thread

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 03 Apr 2017, 15:24

Any fans of theirs on here? I saw them live last night for the first time and they still have it despite the fact they're on the verge of retiring the band......

dparrott

Re: The Aerosmith Thread

Post by dparrott » 11 Apr 2017, 14:55

Been a casual fan since Pump. That in studio film was fun.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 17 Apr 2017, 13:28

dparrott wrote:Been a casual fan since Pump. That in studio film was fun.

Agreed....they overcame so much and have remained very relevant throughout the years with no signs of slowing down. Tyler at 69 hasn't lost a step whatsoever (his range is still dynamic as ever) and the rest of the band is still at a peak top-notch level. Very eagerly awaiting their new album. "Pump" and everything released by them thereafter was so incredibly solid, but so was most of their earlier material as well. "Toys in the Attic" still ranks as one of the best albums of all-time!

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 23 Apr 2017, 06:45

I dunno, they kinda went pop, especially with Jaded, ugh. The blues album was decent, I haven't heard the latest one.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 23 Apr 2017, 19:40

dparrott wrote:I dunno, they kinda went pop, especially with Jaded, ugh. The blues album was decent, I haven't heard the latest one.

I must admit I haven't listened to much of their newer material since "Nine Lives" and I absolutely love that album... "Pink" to me was the absolute standout. Their newest album isn't out yet, but I certainly hope they revert back to their vintage rocking sound. I believe they flirted with the mainstream in order to attract a newer audience, but to me they would always remain relevant regardless based on their prior success. It was great/touching to witness several generations singing along w/them when I saw them live 3 weeks ago!