Gorgeous new Radiohead album A Moon Shaped Pool out now

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Post Reply
User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5579
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Gorgeous new Radiohead album A Moon Shaped Pool out now

Post by AdvertBreak » 01 May 2016, 23:13

The band need to quit this bullshit. They've disappeared completely ;) and well I can't take it. If that album doesn't drop tonight I'm going to die.
Last edited by AdvertBreak on 08 May 2016, 18:05, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
101reykjavik
Posts: 5303
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 20:26
Location: Beautiful Somerset

Re: Give me the new Radiohead album right now!

Post by 101reykjavik » 02 May 2016, 09:56

How To Disappear Completely is about right... ;)
Image

dparrott
Posts: 567
Joined: 30 Sep 2014, 03:42
Location: California

Re: Give me the new Radiohead album right now!

Post by dparrott » 02 May 2016, 14:41

If it's going to be the same mellow weirdness they've been doing for years, I'd rather them not release it. They've been in a rut recently.

User avatar
MrMagpie
Moderator
Posts: 2707
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 18:22
Location: Pepperland
Contact:

Re: Give me the new Radiohead album right now!

Post by MrMagpie » 02 May 2016, 16:53

^agreed, it'll probably be a disappointment, although I'll still buy it.

I've been a big fan of these guys since '95/'96, but my love for them has steadily decreased over the years, and I have a hard time thinking of a band whose music I enjoy who I like less as people (at least from the outside perspective of a fan) as these guys.
Image

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

User avatar
Miki
Posts: 2034
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 16:35
Location: South of England

Re: Give me the new Radiohead album right now!

Post by Miki » 02 May 2016, 19:05

As someone on the Stone Roses Forum suggested, the new album will be called "Fuck Off Computer" and won't be available in digital format :lol:
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

Image

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7035
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: Give me the new Radiohead album right now!

Post by TripleJay97 » 03 May 2016, 11:17

They're dickteasing this morning...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE7sAVqqyvo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE8VGcuKyvA/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

User avatar
AdvertBreak
Posts: 5579
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 17:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: Give me the new Radiohead album right now!

Post by AdvertBreak » 03 May 2016, 15:20

And here's the music video for Burn the Witch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7035
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: Give me the new Radiohead album right now!

Post by TripleJay97 » 03 May 2016, 15:51

Rename the thread, sucka
Image

User avatar
MrMagpie
Moderator
Posts: 2707
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 18:22
Location: Pepperland
Contact:

Re: New name for thread: Radiohead video out now!!

Post by MrMagpie » 03 May 2016, 17:05

I'll listen later tonight, but honestly I'm not having high hopes for it. I'm still a fan but something about these guys just leaves me cold and it's gotten worse in the last ten years or so.
Image

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

vitekm
Posts: 161
Joined: 14 Feb 2016, 12:33
Location: Czech republic

Re: New name for thread: Radiohead video out now!!

Post by vitekm » 03 May 2016, 18:39

MrMagpie wrote:I'll listen later tonight, but honestly I'm not having high hopes for it. I'm still a fan but something about these guys just leaves me cold and it's gotten worse in the last ten years or so.
What is that "something" MrMagpie? Because I have similar problem. Been a huge fan around Kid A/Amnesiac, still enjoyed Hail to the Thief ("There There" is my very favourite song by them), attended their Prague gig in 2009 (wasn´t much impressed, but maybe because I went alone, so I felt a bit lonely among the crowds, you know...). But then... I like them, I respect them, but there´s no real "affection".

P.S.

"Burn the Witch" video is pretty good!

Lt Pinkerton
Posts: 1373
Joined: 23 Feb 2015, 10:27

Re: New name for thread: Radiohead video out now!!

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 03 May 2016, 18:55

Well that was amazing. I'm in again.

Should we talk about how In Rainbows is their best album?

User avatar
TripleJay97
Posts: 7035
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 17:42
Location: Royston Vasey

Re: New name for thread: Radiohead video out now!!

Post by TripleJay97 » 03 May 2016, 19:15

Lt Pinkerton wrote:Well that was amazing. I'm in again.

Should we talk about how In Rainbows is their best album?
No, because it isn't ;)
Image

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7713
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: New name for thread: Radiohead video out now!!

Post by tom_cas1 » 03 May 2016, 19:49

Never been into Radiohead, always struggled to get into them for whatever reason but I gave this a listen and it's actually pretty good. Great video too in the style of 60's TV shows Camberwick Green and Trumpton which I remember watching with my grandparents when I was younger.

I'm interested in hearing the album which is the first time I've EVER said that when it comes to Radiohead.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
MrMagpie
Moderator
Posts: 2707
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 18:22
Location: Pepperland
Contact:

Re: New name for thread: Radiohead video out now!!

Post by MrMagpie » 03 May 2016, 20:11

vitekm wrote:
MrMagpie wrote:I'll listen later tonight, but honestly I'm not having high hopes for it. I'm still a fan but something about these guys just leaves me cold and it's gotten worse in the last ten years or so.
What is that "something" MrMagpie? Because I have similar problem. Been a huge fan around Kid A/Amnesiac, still enjoyed Hail to the Thief ("There There" is my very favourite song by them), attended their Prague gig in 2009 (wasn´t much impressed, but maybe because I went alone, so I felt a bit lonely among the crowds, you know...). But then... I like them, I respect them, but there´s no real "affection".

P.S.

"Burn the Witch" video is pretty good!
Hmm, well for me, first of all, as you say, there's no real "affection" or connection with them. They come off as quite pretentious and, dare I say, a bit unlikable, especially Thom. I don't always need to connect with my favorite bands as people, but at the same time when it goes the other direction, it can detract. Also, they seemed to have disappeared so far up their own asses after Kid A that it's always struck me that they really squandered the momentum they built up with the Bends, OK Computer, Kid A...the interminable wait between albums and the disappointment that's greeted them all, save for In Rainbows, (as in "I waited 5 years for THIS?!) is also frustrating. As with this latest release, they seem more intent on cultivating this pretentious, almost hipsterish mystique with their marketing than actually putting out quality product. King of Limbs being a prime example. Finally, they went from being the Pink Floyd of their generation to, honestly, rather boring. Thom used to sing in such a powerful, sweet voice, but has done little more than mumble and wail since Hail to the Thief. And I'm all for expanding the musical palette beyond guitars/bass/drums, but they got far too tuneless and reliant on droning electronica-based songs and laptop wizardry. In Rainbows was the blip on the radar in this slow decline since 2001 or so.

Maybe it's because I've been a fan of them for almost 20 years, but other bands I've followed during their active careers for that long (Blur, REM, Suede, Soundgarden, Beck, etc) I still have a lot of excitement and affection for. Not so with Radiohead. *shrug*

I could go on, but I think you get my point :ugeek:

PS I also think they have some of the WORST hardcore fans in all of rock.
Image

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
Posts: 3223
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 03:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Contact:

Re: New name for thread: Radiohead video out now!!

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 03 May 2016, 22:25

I've been a long-time fan of theirs, however, rather mixed.... I do love though "Burn the Witch" (both song and video), so they are definitely heading back in he right direction and I cannot wait for the new album!
Image

Post Reply