XTC

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

TripleJay97

Re: XTC

Post by TripleJay97 » 24 May 2018, 17:38

I've been trying to get into them properly for ages, though I've always loved Drums and Wires and a few songs from the later albums.

AdvertBreak's been trying to get me to play Apple Venus in full for years now, maybe it's about time.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 25 May 2018, 21:47

TripleJay97 wrote:I've been trying to get into them properly for ages, though I've always loved Drums and Wires and a few songs from the later albums.

AdvertBreak's been trying to get me to play Apple Venus in full for years now, maybe it's about time.
Please do <3 It's my third fav album ever I think
Moritz wrote:The No. 1 is interesting. I guess that a lot of people were rather amused with Big Express, and especially with the drum computer sounds of some songs. But 'Wake Up' and 'I Bought Myself A Liarbird' are appreciable tunes.
The Big Express is pretty much almost perfect, I certainly prefer to Skylarking and Drums & Wires. Seagulls Screaming Kiss Her and Train Running Low are also in my top 10 XTC songs. As for people being "rather amused" by it, nah... the press ignored it and XTC fans ate it up. Business as usual in those days.

Rubi

Post by Rubi » 27 May 2018, 21:34

There was a time years ago when I got into Drums & Wires, English Settlement and Skylarking, all of which are very good albums, especially Skylarking.