Eric Clapton Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: Eric Clapton Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 11 Apr 2016, 22:58

I'm a huge Clapton fan but I haven't heard that album, mainly because I've never seen it on sale in any music shops I've been in. I'm interested in hearing it though, I'll have a look online.

Currently listening to Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton...what an album. Is there a better British Blues album? I don't think so.

Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 11 Apr 2016, 23:09

tom_cas1 wrote:I'm a huge Clapton fan but I haven't heard that album, mainly because I've never seen it on sale in any music shops I've been in. I'm interested in hearing it though, I'll have a look online.

Currently listening to Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton...what an album. Is there a better British Blues album? I don't think so.

Oh... one of my absolute fave British Blues album....The only band that approaches them in that regard is early Peter Green Era Fleetwood Mac!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 12 Apr 2016, 14:53

Yep great album, Clapton's Les Paul through a Bluesbreaker setup is sublime. One of the greatest guitar tones of all time! In fact it may well be #1...
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 12 Apr 2016, 23:23

I still would love to see Eric tour w/John Mayall.....that would be awesome... just as of course we still want to see Eric reunite w/Bobby Whitlock!

I always will love "Lonely Years" and "Bernard Jenkins"!

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 22 May 2016, 04:31

I'm curious.. is there any electronic elements to Pilgrim at all? And is it any good? I know that his previous album was Retail Therapy (TDF) [the electronic collaboration I mentioned a few pages back] which apparently gave way to Pilgrim but the difference being that Pilgrim is billed as Eric Clapton.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 May 2016, 16:00

I haven't listened to Pilgrim in a while, his late 90's period isn'y my favourite, especially after how GREAT the early-mid 90's were with Unplugged and From The Cradle.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 25 May 2016, 01:56

Yeah....EC's late 90s period wasn't his best....It seemed he was going with the motions to a certain extent, but at least it seemed he reestablished his interest in hardcore Blues that it seemed he lacked in the prior decade.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 25 May 2016, 02:38

I was pretty sure the album was rubbish lol as I took a listen to one of the sound clips on Wikipedia and was put off by its ugly adult contemporary dross, I was just curious as to the album's electronic influence (if there is one really) and how it comes across.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 11 Jun 2016, 14:04

Wishing EC the best! http://www.udiscovermusic.com/eric-claptons-health" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Consigliere_11

Post by Consigliere_11 » 11 Jun 2016, 22:53

Hope he will recover soon!

How's "I Still Do"? I have listened only to one song, but not to the full record yet, as with David Gilmour's "Rattle That Rock"... I sort of feel sad about those LPs, as they are just "some albums" from the artists that have pretty long-lasting careers by this point, so maybe they just don't want to innovate any further than they've already did.
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 12 Jun 2016, 01:35

Consigliere_11 wrote:Hope he will recover soon!

How's "I Still Do"? I have listened only to one song, but not to the full record yet, as with David Gilmour's "Rattle That Rock"... I sort of feel sad about those LPs, as they are just "some albums" from the artists that have pretty long-lasting careers by this point, so maybe they just don't want to innovate any further than they've already did.
Unfortunately, his condition is irreversible and will only worsen over time. Yeah, EC reached his peak a long time ago and w/this condition he will more than likely never be able to innovate again. But obviously what a distinguishing career he's had in every single regard and cannot fathom music minus his wonderful contributions.

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 15 Jun 2016, 06:06

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:Wishing EC the best! http://www.udiscovermusic.com/eric-claptons-health" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, sorry to hear about this.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 16 Jun 2016, 00:24

This probably would never happen because EC would have to swallow a lot of pride... I wonder if he'd continue touring even being unable to play guitar (similar to what Phil Collins encountered when he couldnt play the drums). But it would be awkward for EC to just sit up there strictly singing without adorning the guitar even. To me his voice became even more distinctive than his guitar playing during the past couple of decades.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 27 Jun 2016, 19:10

I don't see it. Even though his voice is excellent at this stage of his career it's his guitar playing that's he's known for. Ugh - I can't even bare to think of him not being able to play guitar anymore. What an awful world that will be. :(

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 27 Jun 2016, 23:28

tom_cas1 wrote:I don't see it. Even though his voice is excellent at this stage of his career it's his guitar playing that's he's known for. Ugh - I can't even bare to think of him not being able to play guitar anymore. What an awful world that will be. :(

Oh...I know.. but I think his voice has been his best overall asset over the past couple decades.... He always had it, so glad that he gained so much confidence in his vocal capabilities and expanded them to another dimension. But true, it would be so awkward of him do go on stage sans guitar, but at least he still can channel his genius somehow, but true albeit not as fulfilling for every single party involved!