The Josh Homme Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

KingLouieLouie76

The Josh Homme Thread

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 10 Feb 2016, 16:15

Just will be brief here, but I love all his projects... From his beginnings in Kyuss, to Queens of the Stone Age, Eagle of Death Metal..etc...... Who else appreciates Josh as much as I do?

Consigliere_11

Re: The Josh Homme Thread

Post by Consigliere_11 » 10 Feb 2016, 22:26

I am digging the latest QOTSA record and recent tragic events opened some Eagles of Death Metal songs to me... Homme also produced one of my favourite records - "Humbug" by Arctic Monkeys.. They were at their best, and they got under Josh's wing at the right time. Not sure about their other moves though :lol:
So, I am waiting for the new Iggy Pop record he has ℅-written with Homme ("Gardenia" is just beautiful) and hopefully I will get my hands onother projects and albums of Josh Homme pretty soon!
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 11 Feb 2016, 00:11

Consigliere_11 wrote:I am digging the latest QOTSA record and recent tragic events opened some Eagles of Death Metal songs to me... Homme also produced one of my favourite records - "Humbug" by Arctic Monkeys.. They were at their best, and they got under Josh's wing at the right time. Not sure about their other moves though :lol:
So, I am waiting for the new Iggy Pop record he has ℅-written with Homme ("Gardenia" is just beautiful) and hopefully I will get my hands onother projects and albums of Josh Homme pretty soon!

I love how Matt Helders is involved w/the "Post Pop Depression" project....Cannot wait...... "Gardenia" is something special in itself.....

If you haven't, you must also check out his Desert Sessions.... His collaborations w/PJ Harvey are exceptional!

Also, Them Crooked Vultures wasn't all too bad either.... Josh has to be w/in the top-5 most important musicians over this past decade!

Consigliere_11

Post by Consigliere_11 » 11 Feb 2016, 09:23

Post-Pop Depression was just leaked, by the way ;) Hope it's not fake or anything, I'll download it as soon as I get home
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 11 Feb 2016, 15:04

Consigliere_11 wrote:Post-Pop Depression was just leaked, by the way ;) Hope it's not fake or anything, I'll download it as soon as I get home

Already? Lord....I often wonder if the artists just deliberately leaks everything nowadays! I don't know if I want to listen to it until its official release! :?: