Apple Music

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

Lt Pinkerton

Re: Apple Music

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 02 Jul 2015, 16:14

MrMagpie wrote:
Lt Pinkerton wrote:Thom Yorke is letting Apple stream his music as well, seems like some musicians are getting extra pays :lol:
His and Taylor Swift's allowing Apple Music to stream but not Spotify just shows their rank hypocrisy. You really think Apple is paying that much more per stream than Spotify is? No, it's just that Apple is deemed to be more "cool" than Spotify.

It kind of touches on something that's been bothering me as someone who's been an Apple geek for a long time...Apple used to be the outsider/renegade company making waves and changing entire industries, but lately they seem to be more of a "me too!" company, jumping into already existing markets they had nothing to do with (streaming music, smart watches) and trying to use their huge wealth and brand cachet to take them over, while in the process becoming more fragmented and bloated. They're reverting back to the bad old pre-Jobs days of the late 1980s/1990s where they had their finger in too many pies and were unfocused and scattered. In that way, they've turned into Microsoft and that kind of sucks.
This. There's nothing really revolutionary with Apple Music and it surely doesn't seem like it's gonna replace Spotify. After all, Apple have always been releasing overpriced products because they were sure their fans would buy them, but still they were the biggest trendsetters in techonology. Now, with a much bigger fanbase, they don't have the neccesity of being the first in doing something, even if it comes late and expensive it's still gonna get sold!

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 02 Jul 2015, 18:08

I think when the free trial ends, they're going to lose a lot of interest.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 Jul 2015, 19:12

Nowt wrong with Apple Music, especially when you've got bands like The Rolling Stones giving them exclusives albums like the Sticky Fingers Live album that was recorded in LA a few months ago. Listening to it now, great stuff.

But back to Apple - nothing wrong with them either, they'll always be revolutionary. You can give them a bit of a break though, I mean in the space of 10 years they revolutionised the music industry, phone industry and tablet industry. Not bad going. And now the watch industry. Sure, smart watches existed before but not like the Apple Watch which is heads and shoulders above anything else on the market. Plus with Apple you get quality products which go above and beyond anything else out there. Laptops, desktops, everything. Just superb all round.

And don't get me started on the "expensive prices" argument. You wouldn't expect to buy a Rolls Royce for the cost of a Mini, would you?
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

twostep

Post by twostep » 02 Jul 2015, 19:35

tom_cas1 wrote:Nowt wrong with Apple Music
There is actually - I've been using it a lot over the last couple of days and it's very glitchy. Problems with loading songs and 'system error' messages when I try to play certain songs/albums. They're gonna have to try a lot harder if they want my money over spotify.

I have a Mac and an iPhone - Apple music should run perfectly on its own platform and it definitely doesn't
it's me, d4p

they would compare her to lilies, and she had to go to parties, and london was so dreary

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 Jul 2015, 19:37

twostep wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Nowt wrong with Apple Music
There is actually - I've been using it a lot over the last couple of days and it's very glitchy. Problems with loading songs and 'system error' messages when I try to play certain songs/albums. They're gonna have to try a lot harder if they want my money over spotify.
I've had nothing like that at all. I'll admit that the songs were slow to load on the first day but that was likely down to the amount of people logging on for the first time. But since then I've had no issues whatsoever.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 02 Jul 2015, 19:44

tom_cas1 wrote:Nowt wrong with Apple Music, especially when you've got bands like The Rolling Stones giving them exclusives albums like the Sticky Fingers Live album that was recorded in LA a few months ago. Listening to it now, great stuff.

But back to Apple - nothing wrong with them either, they'll always be revolutionary. You can give them a bit of a break though, I mean in the space of 10 years they revolutionised the music industry, phone industry and tablet industry. Not bad going. And now the watch industry. Sure, smart watches existed before but not like the Apple Watch which is heads and shoulders above anything else on the market. Plus with Apple you get quality products which go above and beyond anything else out there. Laptops, desktops, everything. Just superb all round.

And don't get me started on the "expensive prices" argument. You wouldn't expect to buy a Rolls Royce for the cost of a Mini, would you?
There were smartphones and tablets before the iPhone and iPad got released, and they were arguably better and less restrictive. Same with streaming services. Spotify is much quicker and easy to use. All artists that are now supporting Apple Music (Taylor Swift, Thom Yorke, Trent Raznor) have received a fair ammount of money to do so and betray their principles. Not that there's anything wrong with streaming music, but it's just funny how all these people who were really vocal about Spotify are now changing their minds over a couple of bucks :lol:

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 Jul 2015, 19:48

Well sure there were phones before the iPhone but the iPhone defined a new era of mobile devices. It completely changed the landscape.

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 02 Jul 2015, 20:50

tom_cas1 wrote:Well sure there were phones before the iPhone but the iPhone defined a new era of mobile devices. It completely changed the landscape.
Yeah.. you can enter a restaurant and see nobody talking to eachother anymore.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 Jul 2015, 21:30

mr_spenalzo wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Well sure there were phones before the iPhone but the iPhone defined a new era of mobile devices. It completely changed the landscape.
Yeah.. you can enter a restaurant and see nobody talking to eachother anymore.
As far as anti-Apple arguments go that's pretty poor.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 02 Jul 2015, 21:35

For the record, and not as part of the debate, I've suffered many long years of going out for meals, only for everyone except myself to disappear onto their phones practically straight away. I actually hate it pretty aggressively, which is why I felt an urge to post this.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 Jul 2015, 21:43

I have no words...

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 02 Jul 2015, 21:47

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 Jul 2015, 22:06

So let me get this straight...you're blaming Apple for people checking their phones at dinner time? I mean it is a pain but surely that's down to the people too, it's not like the phones are forcing the user to play games/send texts/check the Blur Forum.

And FYI when I said Apple change the mobile phone market, I was talking about the actual technology. Stuff like reliable touch screen, apple, touch scroll etc etc.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 02 Jul 2015, 22:09

I'm not, no. As I said, it was just a point, not part of the argument. I don't blame Apple for it, its the people doing it. But I find it sad af when it happens throughout the entire meal practically. Its my pet hate.

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 02 Jul 2015, 22:11

the trendsetter can still fall behind

just look at oasis
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners