Talking Heads Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

KingLouieLouie76

Talking Heads Thread

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 17 Apr 2015, 16:40

I've always loved this band....They still could be recording/touring together, but David Byrne's ego has gotten the best of him and he believes he's WAY TOO superior to bow down to the others....But he obviously forgets how excellent the other three are! They still have it as evidence from their Rock-N-Roll HOF induction performance (even though several years have since elapsed)..... But man.....I wish David can come back to his senses before it's too late!

TripleJay97

Re: Talking Heads Thread

Post by TripleJay97 » 17 Apr 2015, 16:42

OOOH YES. Fear of Music is in my top albums ever.

It's a real shame Byrne's as much of a prick as he is, because a reunion would be mind-bendingly good. I could only hope that the music would be better than their last two albums though.

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 17 Apr 2015, 16:45

One of my favourite bands. Although I think I'd have to play it a little more safe and say my favourite album is Remain in Light, probably followed by More Songs etc.

Have to disagree with you guys about David Byrne though. I think it's great what he's doing at the moment; he really is a musical polymath. I thought the album he did with St Vincent was great, for example. His recent book is worth a read, by the way.

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 17 Apr 2015, 16:47

I liked the St. Vincent album. I also can't wait for the new De La Soul album on which he appears :D

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 17 Apr 2015, 16:53

He's So High wrote:One of my favourite bands. Although I think I'd have to play it a little more safe and say my favourite album is Remain in Light, probably followed by More Songs etc.

Have to disagree with you guys about David Byrne though. I think it's great what he's doing at the moment; he really is a musical polymath. I thought the album he did with St Vincent was great, for example. His recent book is worth a read, by the way.
Oh, I love what Byrne has done solo....but he still has time to devote towards the Talking Heads (at least to record some songs here and there and conduct a brief tour), but he seems to have such an odd stance on the other three forgetting how vital their contributions were as well.

You cannot go wrong w/both "Fear of Music" and "Remain In Light"....

I love love Tina & Chris in the Tom Tom Club and obviously Tina's contributions w/the Gorillaz......

He's So High

Post by He's So High » 17 Apr 2015, 17:58

Have you seen their performances when they were inducted into the Hall of Fame? Don't exactly look like they're best of mates.

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 17 Apr 2015, 18:05

Absolutely love them, one of my all-time favourite bands. I don't think they'll ever reform, though. What are your thoughts on A Clean Break? I've always been gutted about it not being recorded in a studio. It may be in my TH top 5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3SoQh_VTZs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 18 Apr 2015, 00:32

He's So High wrote:Have you seen their performances when they were inducted into the Hall of Fame? Don't exactly look like they're best of mates.

Well... Byrne doesn't look too all amused, but the other three seem to be enjoying themselves, but you can sense the tension:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRNh_qdNB5c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qktKTkKM7cU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lt Pinkerton.....Thanks for posting that! I honestly never have come across that before and it is awesome!

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 19 Apr 2015, 07:43

Their debut album is absolutely perfect.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Apr 2015, 02:56

TripleJay97 wrote:Their debut album is absolutely perfect.

Agreed....This wasn't on the original track-listing, but found itself within the 2005 re-issue... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LTCdt4tk8k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Such an ace of a song!

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 06 May 2016, 03:53

Can't David finally get over himself? https://www.facebook.com/topic/Talking- ... nref=story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 06 May 2016, 17:38

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:Can't David finally get over himself? https://www.facebook.com/topic/Talking- ... nref=story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well if he doesn't want to do it, he doesn't want to do it. I wouldn't want to return to my first job either.
Not unless I couldn't get any other job, and desperately needed the money.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 07 May 2016, 10:22

mr_spenalzo wrote:
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:Can't David finally get over himself? https://www.facebook.com/topic/Talking- ... nref=story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well if he doesn't want to do it, he doesn't want to do it. I wouldn't want to return to my first job either.
I suppose....I guess it's the obsessive Talking Heads fan in me....I've loved them for over 30-years and was rather young during their initial height of their career and now more than ever would just love to see them live...So perhaps it's for selfish reasons, but sometimes he should consider that he probably wouldn't have established himself if it wasn't for the band and it seems he feels far too superior than the others and I resent that type of attitude. Sometimes it's best to honor your roots than just completely shun it and minimize it's importance. Although, I'm not saying he owes anyone, but lord it would be so perfect if he did consider.....

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 11 May 2016, 05:47

mr_spenalzo wrote:Well if he doesn't want to do it, he doesn't want to do it. I wouldn't want to return to my first job either.
....I can relate to that as well.... :lol:
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 06 Jan 2017, 04:56

And now of course....

http://www.vulture.com/2017/01/david-by ... union.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know...I know...I must finally accept the reality that a reunion will never happen... oh well.....