Faith No More

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

KingLouieLouie76

Re: Faith No More

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 17 Apr 2015, 09:32

We actually already had an existing FNM thread from awhile back... viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1739&p=4484&hilit=faith#p4484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; So perhaps have them merged...

Anyways, I still have the same sentiments... It isn't FNM w/out Jim Martin regardless.....

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 17 Apr 2015, 09:53

I can't believe I forgot my own thread :lol:

I think they can be good without Jim Martin. I liked King For a Day and Sol Invictus is enjoyable. They're nowhere near as iconic without those red shades though :?

Sean

Post by Sean » 17 Apr 2015, 11:24

Jim Martin was a joke and a real walking stereotype of a metaller - i.e. he only listened to metal, had no time for other genres, no time for creativity or being interesting musically - he just wanted to rawk all the time. Boring bastard. But they have not been the same without him. I always felt his metal cliches allied to Patton's intense and wild creativity made for really interesting results, the push and pull, in the same way Graham and Alex's almost musical rivalry made for really good music.
Twitter: @shornKOOMINS

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 17 Apr 2015, 15:39

Sean wrote:Jim Martin was a joke and a real walking stereotype of a metaller - i.e. he only listened to metal, had no time for other genres, no time for creativity or being interesting musically - he just wanted to rawk all the time. Boring bastard. But they have not been the same without him. I always felt his metal cliches allied to Patton's intense and wild creativity made for really interesting results, the push and pull, in the same way Graham and Alex's almost musical rivalry made for really good music.

Yeah, Jim was really outing himself from the band during the "Angel Dust" sessions, but they were also phasing him out in the process, but to me he really injected so much into the band. Fairly similar to what Matt Sharp meant to Weezer during his brief tenure in the band...

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 17 Apr 2015, 15:40

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:
Sean wrote:Jim Martin was a joke and a real walking stereotype of a metaller - i.e. he only listened to metal, had no time for other genres, no time for creativity or being interesting musically - he just wanted to rawk all the time. Boring bastard. But they have not been the same without him. I always felt his metal cliches allied to Patton's intense and wild creativity made for really interesting results, the push and pull, in the same way Graham and Alex's almost musical rivalry made for really good music.

Yeah, Jim was really outing himself from the band during the "Angel Dust" sessions, but they were also phasing him out in the process, but to me he really injected so much into the band. Fairly similar to what Matt Sharp meant to Weezer during his brief tenure in the band...
THIS! Oh my god, this.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 17 Apr 2015, 16:29

TripleJay97 wrote:
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:

THIS! Oh my god, this.

Even the "Angel Dust" producer, Matt Wallace, in recent years as said he wrongly underestimated Martin's contributions to the sessions. Just unfortunate they cannot reconcile their differences.