The Fixx Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

KingLouieLouie76

The Fixx Thread

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 10 Apr 2015, 12:30

Does anyone remember the Fixx or have since gotten interested in them? If you never have... you must! It's odd that I'm the only one to have ever mentioned them on this forum. It seems they were quickly forgotten by most.....I highly recommend their first three albums, but "Secret Separation" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZciNthNnDA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; from their 4th release ("Walkabout") is very much a standout....To me (similar to Talk Talk) they were very ahead of their time and people still haven't caught-up to them.....

DrSleepless

Re: The Fixx Thread

Post by DrSleepless » 10 Apr 2015, 12:41

Saw them live on the Phantoms tour. Love that album as well. I wouldn't say they were on par with Talk Talk but they had a lot of good stuff on their early albums. I should check out their later stuff as the last album I heard was Ink.

Here's one of my favorite tunes... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTzMeDiv-7U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 10 Apr 2015, 13:47

I've got a live album by them and have never listened to it :oops:

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 11 Apr 2015, 19:32

DrSleepless wrote:Saw them live on the Phantoms tour. Love that album as well. I wouldn't say they were on par with Talk Talk but they had a lot of good stuff on their early albums. I should check out their later stuff as the last album I heard was Ink.

Here's one of my favorite tunes... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTzMeDiv-7U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah.... I must admit that I haven't checked-out their later material myself, but I plan on doing so soon..... And yes, I love "Less Cities, More Moving People"..... They seemed to go under the radar there for awhile....You must check-out their live album sometime, AdvertBreak.. you won't be disappointed!

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 11 Apr 2015, 22:22

I'll do that then. :) I think I know the first track.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 12 Apr 2015, 04:50

AdvertBreak wrote:I'll do that then. :) I think I know the first track.

Thanks...what live album is it? I know they had one from '87 which combined some studio tracks as well...

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 12 Apr 2015, 12:56

The one you are referring to, React. I just YouTubed "Red Skies" and I definitely know it but not sure from where.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 13 Apr 2015, 05:51

AdvertBreak wrote:The one you are referring to, React. I just YouTubed "Red Skies" and I definitely know it but not sure from where.

Yes, that's the one...."Red Skies", "Saved By Zero", and "One Things Lead to Another" have been staples on the radio, tv, films, and even commercials for over 30-years....In fact, on "React", that features an alternative version of "Red Skies".....The classic line-up (been together since '83) is still in tact and actively touring (mainly here in the States)......All five are vastly talented!