Talk Talk Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

KingLouieLouie76

Re: Talk Talk Thread

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 28 Apr 2015, 05:51

Mallard No. 22 wrote:Yes I agree :(

You Tube has become the way to go.

If you want to hear music (& possibly relevant film footage) beyond your own collection.
Indeed...I want to customize my listening/viewing experience (which all of us want to do nowadays)... The worst is having the media force things onto us that we could honestly care less about!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 30 Apr 2015, 06:13

Yes, the You Tube advertisements that come on before the song are a present-day nuisance. :x
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 30 Apr 2015, 15:16

Mallard No. 22 wrote:Yes, the You Tube advertisements that come on before the song are a present-day nuisance. :x
Agreed....The music industry has regressed in so many ways...I've been awaiting for the past decade for some innovator to come in and create a new genre/sound to salvage it... Hollis would have been that visionary, but he emerged several decades too prematurely when several other creative forces were out there that essentially covered up his contributions back then. I loved Grunge at the time, but that ultimately destroyed music....At least the industry recovered after Disco became popular and then suddenly faded!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 03 May 2015, 07:07

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:The music industry has regressed in so many ways...I've been awaiting for the past decade for some innovator to come in and create a new genre/sound to salvage it...
It seems like a long wait :( . The corporates that run the world want to keep the music industry the way it is.

A bit of each genre in the mix, but not too much. Choreographed rebelliousness and attitude. In a lot of ways, we have gone back to the 1950s.... :roll:

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 04 May 2015, 03:31

Mallard No. 22 wrote:
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:The music industry has regressed in so many ways...I've been awaiting for the past decade for some innovator to come in and create a new genre/sound to salvage it...
It seems like a long wait :( . The corporates that run the world want to keep the music industry the way it is.

A bit of each genre in the mix, but not too much. Choreographed rebelliousness and attitude. In a lot of ways, we have gone back to the 1950s.... :roll:

I would say it's gone back to after the "Day the Music Died" until the Beatles conquered America..So.. '59-'64 essentially..... When there were the likes of Paul Anka, Dion, Rick Nelson (who will forever be one of the best), and Pat Boone dominating the airwaves... But yes... it's been too long since someone has emerged... I was awaiting for someone like Beck, Jack White, Trent Reznor, etc to pull those reigns and it never fully materialized.....

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 07 May 2015, 05:49

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:I would say it's gone back to after the "Day the Music Died" until the Beatles conquered America..So.. '59-'64 essentially.....
Yes :) I would say it is similar to that period. We await something invigorating, that catches the mainstream unaware.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 07 May 2015, 06:55

Mallard No. 22 wrote:
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:I would say it's gone back to after the "Day the Music Died" until the Beatles conquered America..So.. '59-'64 essentially.....
Yes :) I would say it is similar to that period. We await something invigorating, that catches the mainstream unaware.
Who will be the next Beatles? That's what everyone is wondering.. Not like I mean in terms of specifically compared to the Beatles...but the next innovators who will salvage music and have that sustaining impact... will it finally happen in our lifetime? People thought Nirvana did that in the 90s, but we all know the reality now... Oh well....

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 07 May 2015, 20:12

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:
Mallard No. 22 wrote:
Who will be the next Beatles? That's what everyone is wondering.. Not like I mean in terms of specifically compared to the Beatles...but the next innovators who will salvage music and have that sustaining impact... will it finally happen in our lifetime? People thought Nirvana did that in the 90s, but we all know the reality now... Oh well....
You mean like Kanye West? :twisted:

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 08 May 2015, 13:17

mr_spenalzo wrote:
You mean like Kanye West? :twisted:

Oh lord...I must..resist..wanting..to...post...in...the....Hip-Hop...thread! :lol: I actually love some of the genre, but detest West!

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 08 May 2015, 15:42

Mallard No. 22 wrote:
Wasn't there at least some interesting stuff going on in jazz those years? I may be wrong but I thought all those great Ornette Coleman and John Coltrane records came out around that time?

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 08 May 2015, 21:05

mr_spenalzo wrote:
Mallard No. 22 wrote:
Wasn't there at least some interesting stuff going on in jazz those years? I may be wrong but I thought all those great Ornette Coleman and John Coltrane records came out around that time?

Yeah... also Country Western music was also vastly emerging.... I was essentially getting on pure Rock & Roll and neglecting other genres... You nailed it about Jazz (mainly during that time it was Hard Bop Jazz)...Also, the Blues was becoming popular along with the earlier evolution of Folk music....

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 12 May 2015, 06:15

Emerging separately, blues, folk and country went on to have influence, and became a part of, 60s music after The Beatles explosion.
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:Who will be the next Beatles? That's what everyone is wondering.. Not like I mean in terms of specifically compared to the Beatles...but the next innovators who will salvage music and have that sustaining impact....?
In this vein, is the announcement that 'American Idol' is to end next year significant?

This genre has dominated music (in the USA, UK, everywhere.... :roll: ) for the past fifteen years. And has put the bland into the centre of public consciousness.

:idea: Maybe it is not so much that we await 'a great new artist', but the fact that this generic genre is to go, clears the way for a different scene. And hopefully a more creative one that succeeds on its own organic terms.

Or am I being a dreamer....? :mrgreen:

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 14 May 2015, 08:15

Mallard No. 22 wrote:Emerging separately, blues, folk and country went on to have influence, and became a part of, 60s music after The Beatles explosion.
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:Who will be the next Beatles? That's what everyone is wondering.. Not like I mean in terms of specifically compared to the Beatles...but the next innovators who will salvage music and have that sustaining impact....?
In this vein, is the announcement that 'American Idol' is to end next year significant?

This genre has dominated music (in the USA, UK, everywhere.... :roll: ) for the past fifteen years. And has put the bland into the centre of public consciousness.

:idea: Maybe it is not so much that we await 'a great new artist', but the fact that this generic genre is to go, clears the way for a different scene. And hopefully a more creative one that succeeds on its own organic terms.

Or am I being a dreamer....? :mrgreen:

I didn't know about American Idol is ending! Awesome! I believe you are being a dreamer.... I just don't believe any sustaining new genre will evolve..... It seems technology has all about ruined it opposed to being a major boon!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 16 May 2015, 06:09

That is what I suspect.

Corporate life will probably dictate it anyway, whatever happens. :x

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 16 May 2015, 16:10

Mallard No. 22 wrote:That is what I suspect.

Corporate life will probably dictate it anyway, whatever happens. :x

Agreed...it's been that way for the past 20-years...what's going to suddenly change that? It would have to be some radical extreme musical movement, but unfortunately there are no complete unified fronts anymore for that to ever happen again!