Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

bugman

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by bugman » 10 Oct 2017, 10:47

Like it a lot. Good track

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 10 Oct 2017, 11:36

bugman wrote:Like it a lot. Good track
I like it a lot too. Can hear The Inspirals in there.
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 11 Oct 2017, 00:27

I'm listening now. Fucking hell what a track! A lot of 60's and even 50's influences here, but with a modern twist. Great lyrics, great sound. One of the best new songs I've heard this year and it dwarfs anything on the Gorillaz album.

I'd hate to be Liam right now. His album was very Oasis sounding (or shall I say Noel sounding circa 1990's) but this just blows him away. There's no comparison here, in my opinion. My god what a track! FUCK!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 11 Oct 2017, 05:08

Looks like Noel will be giving Shed Seven a run for their money then.... :P
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 11 Oct 2017, 09:12

Mallard No. 22 wrote:Looks like Noel will be giving Shed Seven a run for their money then.... :P
Well, Shed Seven have no chance, even though Room In My House is brilliant, playlist on Virgin, Radio X, 6 Music etc...if Radio 2 ignore you...nothing you can do, if either Noel or Liam had made the exact same song, A list of course...plenty of bias, not on music quality, Radio 2 is fast hitting the pits becoming an rnb station, only reason Shed's are on Chris Evans this Friday is because he will have fought their corner for them as old friends from the 90s.

Speaking of Liam "Doesn't Have To Be That Way" is quality and not the usual Oasis sound on his album, of course he bottled it and didn't put it on the main track list lol.

Sledge Hammer

Post by Sledge Hammer » 11 Oct 2017, 09:14

tom_cas1 wrote:I'm listening now. Fucking hell what a track! A lot of 60's and even 50's influences here, but with a modern twist. Great lyrics, great sound. One of the best new songs I've heard this year and it dwarfs anything on the Gorillaz album.

I'd hate to be Liam right now. His album was very Oasis sounding (or shall I say Noel sounding circa 1990's) but this just blows him away. There's no comparison here, in my opinion. My god what a track! FUCK!
:lol: Inspirals already mentioned above, Inspirals did this type of stuff when Noel was plugging their guitars in!

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 11 Oct 2017, 09:21

I really hope the Sheds do well. They deserve it. I've pre-ordered their album as I have Noel's. I bought Liam's on white vinyl yesterday, it's good, but very "Oasis by numbers" and mostly ghostwritten. I do love Bold and Chinatown. As You Were has outsold all of the UK top 20 albums put together!

Neal Zeal

Post by Neal Zeal » 11 Oct 2017, 13:06

tom_cas1 wrote:I'm listening now. Fucking hell what a track! A lot of 60's and even 50's influences here, but with a modern twist. Great lyrics, great sound. One of the best new songs I've heard this year and it dwarfs anything on the Gorillaz album.

I'm no fan of William's. He seems to be a pretty horrible, messed up bloke. Trying to score points over Noel in relation to the sickening mass murders at Manchester Arena was a new low.
But, all said, I expect he's in a pretty good place right now. The new album is selling loads, and will doubtless outsell the new Noel one, which will mean the world to William. But this is largely due to the novelty factor of it being the first Liam Gallagher album, and it being the first post-Oasis album that sounds quite like Oasis. So he'll probably sell more albums and more concert tickets than Noel for this particular album campaign at least. I thought Wall of Glass was pretty awful, and For What It's Worth just bland and empty. I did quite like China Town though.
Err, back on topic! Yes, I do quite like the new Noel song. Will wait for further good singles or glowing album reviews tho before deciding whether to buy.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 11 Oct 2017, 13:50

Yeah, As You Were is selling like crazy. As of yesterday it was at 87,000 units. Seems like it will make it to 100k handily. Damn!

Though Chasing Yesterday did really well its first week. Who knows how much Noel's 3rd album will sell! Interested to see the inevitable comparisons.

Mark72

Post by Mark72 » 11 Oct 2017, 18:55

The video - https://youtu.be/BIQdUJ04iNY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the more I hear it the more I love it. Loving the Clint Boon lookalike in the video.

aldamasta

Post by aldamasta » 15 Oct 2017, 03:18

Crazy to see all the hate this song and Noel is getting from the Liam fanboys... when did this become a competition? And who said we had to choose sides?

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 19 Oct 2017, 05:13

Probably because that is what the Noel and Liam PR machines want us to do :evil: :)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 19 Oct 2017, 18:00

Liam’s people probably know that his music alone won’t get much attention so a few attacking tweets from him towards Noel will get him in the news. A first class attention seeker. Noel’s music speaks for itself.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 26 Oct 2017, 06:14

Yes, that is how it has always worked and the 'gossip' media love it.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Oct 2017, 21:28

Another new song from Noel's album. Fort Knox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAEz6tn-O4A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty good opener for the album, basically one long intro that shows off his new sound. I'm seriously loving this. Better than anything Damon has done in 10 years.