Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

metalhipslop
Posts: 803
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 02:13
Location: The Great White North

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by metalhipslop » 31 Oct 2017, 03:09

tom_cas1 wrote:Another new song from Noel's album. Fort Knox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAEz6tn-O4A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty good opener for the album, basically one long intro that shows off his new sound. I'm seriously loving this. Better than anything Damon has done in 10 years.
anyway you loved humanz when it came out and now and call Noel's stadium rock better than anything Damon has done in 10 years
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7707
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by tom_cas1 » 31 Oct 2017, 14:00

Stadium rock?! What?? This is experimental. And I stand by my comment. Holy Mountain was excellent. Minus Blur, when did Damon record a song with so much excitement? The only track in my opinion that stands out is Some Kind Of Nature from Plastic Beach which is excellent. Everything else Damon has done since TGTB&TQ has been shite. The Fall, Everyday Robots and now Humanz. I'm not even counting his soundtracks. Don't get me wrong, there are still a number of tracks I thoroughly enjoy on Humanz but as an album it falls short compared to Gorillaz and Demon Days, hell, even Plastic Beach.

Damon has fallen into a rut and his need to work work work is the reason for that. He works so much that he's spread himself thin, now unable to write a good hit like Holy Mountain. Sad.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by Forever Low Man » 31 Oct 2017, 19:45

oh piss off
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

davidsutter
Posts: 913
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 17:06
Location: Clarksville, IN
Contact:

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by davidsutter » 31 Oct 2017, 20:38

tom_cas1 wrote:Sad.
donald, is that you?
actually you've given me inspiration for a quick playlist

Everything Damon Albarn Made After GBQ Was Shit

01. Blur - Lonesome Street
02. Damon Albarn - Lonely Press Play
03. Gorillaz - Revolving Doors
04. Gorillaz - Superfast Jellyfish
05. Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill
06. Gorillaz - Andromeda
07. Gorillaz - Let Me Out
08. Rocket Juice & The Moon - Poison
09. Blur - Ghost Ship
10. Blur - Pyongyang

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7707
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by tom_cas1 » 31 Oct 2017, 20:39

Forever Low Man wrote:oh piss off
All you seem to do on this forum is comment every time I do. Go fuck yourself.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

metalhipslop
Posts: 803
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 02:13
Location: The Great White North

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by metalhipslop » 31 Oct 2017, 21:13

tom_cas1 wrote:Minus Blur, when did Damon record a song with so much excitement?
2008: Monkey Journey To The West OST, 2010: all of Plastic Beach, 2010: Revolving Doors, 2011: Hallo from DRC, 2012: Poison and some other songs from RJTM, 2017: Sleeping Powder, Garage Palace and all of Humanz

Other great songs include Sister Rust, Everyday Robots, Lonely Press Play, Hollow Ponds, Hostiles, Go Back with Tony Allen, Here In After with De La Soul, his production for Bobby Womack's Bravest Man In The Universe.

You might not like some of those in the list, but to essentially say Damon hasn't made anything good since TGTBTQ and that Noel's new songs are better than anything Damon has done in 10 years is such a lie.

And Noel's new song sounds like stadium rock in the sense that I can hear it being played before a football game. That's not necesarily a bad thing, it's an alright song. Reminds me a bit like Shaun Ryder. but to say what you say and slam Damon as if it is still Oasis vs Blur pisses me off
Textin' abbreviates the brain. Aspirin takes away the pain.

User avatar
Forever Low Man
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 16:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard
Contact:

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by Forever Low Man » 01 Nov 2017, 00:50

tom_cas1 wrote:
Forever Low Man wrote:oh piss off
All you seem to do on this forum is comment every time I do. Go fuck yourself.
You're probably right.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

User avatar
Caitlin
Moderator
Posts: 453
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 21:54

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by Caitlin » 01 Nov 2017, 01:05

I'm not going to delete either of your comments, but the both of you need to grow up and interact constructively, or if you're incapable of that just stay away from each other. I've been watching this dance go on for months and frankly I'm sick of it. As I'm sure almost everyone on this forum is.

Tom: he antagonises you because you delete his posts
FLM: your posts get deleted because you're trying to antagonise tom

Do you both see how this cycle is just going on and on? Honestly. If this continues I'll send you both to seperate ends of the forum so you can have some time apart and think about your behavoiur.

Anyway, someone tl;dr me - is the Noel album worth listening to?
Image

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7707
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by tom_cas1 » 01 Nov 2017, 13:22

^ I apologise for any part I played.
metalhipslop wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Minus Blur, when did Damon record a song with so much excitement?
2008: Monkey Journey To The West OST, 2010: all of Plastic Beach, 2010: Revolving Doors, 2011: Hallo from DRC, 2012: Poison and some other songs from RJTM, 2017: Sleeping Powder, Garage Palace and all of Humanz

Other great songs include Sister Rust, Everyday Robots, Lonely Press Play, Hollow Ponds, Hostiles, Go Back with Tony Allen, Here In After with De La Soul, his production for Bobby Womack's Bravest Man In The Universe.

You might not like some of those in the list, but to essentially say Damon hasn't made anything good since TGTBTQ and that Noel's new songs are better than anything Damon has done in 10 years is such a lie.

And Noel's new song sounds like stadium rock in the sense that I can hear it being played before a football game. That's not necesarily a bad thing, it's an alright song. Reminds me a bit like Shaun Ryder. but to say what you say and slam Damon as if it is still Oasis vs Blur pisses me off
Oh trust me, I didn't even think about the Blur vs Oasis thing. No way. I was just basing my opinion on Holy Mountain which is a magnificent song. But please, I'm not lying when I say that song is better than anything Damon has done (minus Some Kind Of Nature and not counting Blur) for 10 years. That's my opinion. That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed other songs Damon has released but I struggle to think of a song so fresh and so exciting as Holy Mountain.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1438
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by aldamasta » 01 Nov 2017, 14:35

Thanks Caitlin. This forum is starting to remind me of Morrissey-solo cos the fans over there constantly troll, fight, and there are some on the forum just there to shit on anything Moz does/makes. I really don't want this forum to get that way. I'm not gonna bother comparing Gorillaz and NGHFB, so tired of it.

Anyway, back on the bloody topic... I definitely think Noel's new album is worth listening to! Loving the sound thus far. He played a new song, She Taught Me How to Fly, on Jools Holland last night and it's my favorite of the three songs we've heard thus far BY FAR! It's not very experimental like Fort Knox, but this song sounds like a classic already. Here's a link to the audio (I haven't found the video on YouTube yet) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOblcEbCnY4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here's Holy Mountain live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GimvPH7vc&t=15s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
Posts: 7707
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 15:13

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by tom_cas1 » 01 Nov 2017, 17:19

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFzzQOXHIUQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not quite sure what the woman with the scissors is doing at the back but it's a great track. Not sure it beats Holy Mountain for me but it's a close second so far, can't wait to hear the studio version and the rest of the album. Loving this new musical direction.
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1438
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by aldamasta » 01 Nov 2017, 20:25

Yeah whatever the woman's doing, I can't hear it. I expect some funny Liam tweets about scissor woman (if he hasn't tweeted it already.)

User avatar
JackS
Posts: 441
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 08:46
Location: London

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by JackS » 21 Nov 2017, 21:42

tom_cas1 wrote:^ I apologise for any part I played.
metalhipslop wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:Minus Blur, when did Damon record a song with so much excitement?
2008: Monkey Journey To The West OST, 2010: all of Plastic Beach, 2010: Revolving Doors, 2011: Hallo from DRC, 2012: Poison and some other songs from RJTM, 2017: Sleeping Powder, Garage Palace and all of Humanz

Other great songs include Sister Rust, Everyday Robots, Lonely Press Play, Hollow Ponds, Hostiles, Go Back with Tony Allen, Here In After with De La Soul, his production for Bobby Womack's Bravest Man In The Universe.

You might not like some of those in the list, but to essentially say Damon hasn't made anything good since TGTBTQ and that Noel's new songs are better than anything Damon has done in 10 years is such a lie.

And Noel's new song sounds like stadium rock in the sense that I can hear it being played before a football game. That's not necesarily a bad thing, it's an alright song. Reminds me a bit like Shaun Ryder. but to say what you say and slam Damon as if it is still Oasis vs Blur pisses me off
Oh trust me, I didn't even think about the Blur vs Oasis thing. No way. I was just basing my opinion on Holy Mountain which is a magnificent song. But please, I'm not lying when I say that song is better than anything Damon has done (minus Some Kind Of Nature and not counting Blur) for 10 years. That's my opinion. That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed other songs Damon has released but I struggle to think of a song so fresh and so exciting as Holy Mountain.
Some Kind Of Nature is the worst song on Plastic Beach


As for the topic at hand, I’d say the Noel albums are better than the vast majority of latter day Oasis. Loved Holy Mountain, however this new one It’s a Beautiful World has far too much of the U2 about it for me

User avatar
aldamasta
Posts: 1438
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 05:00
Location: Kentucky, United States
Contact:

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by aldamasta » 26 Nov 2017, 22:46

Well, I really love the album! It looks like it's getting great critical reception, very deserved. Can't wait to see him for the third time live in February!

User avatar
Sledge Hammer
Posts: 742
Joined: 21 Feb 2015, 07:30

Re: Noel Gallagher's solo stuff - yes or no?

Post by Sledge Hammer » 27 Nov 2017, 06:51

2 short nothing instrumentals leaves 9 tracks, with a couple of decent ideas on there....all a bit lazy imo.
Image

Post Reply