Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

JAIME

R.I.P. Joe Cocker

Post by JAIME » 22 Dec 2014, 19:27

Joe Cocker has died today.

R.I.P. big Joe.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30582761

I'll cry instead (The Beatles cover), his 1rst single, in 1964: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxPla6zxA8k

tom_cas1

Re: R.I.P. Joe Cocker

Post by tom_cas1 » 22 Dec 2014, 21:46

Very sad news. That's three music legends gone in the space of three months. Jack Bruce, Bobby Keys and now Joe Cocker.

On a personal note, I was hoping to interview him for the book I'm writing on Derek and the Dominos as two of the members (Carl Radle and Jim Gordon) both played on his Mad Dogs and Englishmen tour before forming Derek and the Dominos. I hadn't sent a letter out yet but it was on my to do list. Very very sad. It would have been great to interview him. :cry:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Miki

Post by Miki » 22 Dec 2014, 22:32

So very sad :(
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 23 Dec 2014, 19:12

Been away for a few days, and I just saw the headline this morning. Very sad news.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 24 Dec 2014, 16:35

What a major loss! His version of "With A Little Help From My Friends" was my high school's class song and we're celebrating our 20th Reunion next year...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 29 Dec 2014, 08:12

His version of 'With A Little Help....' was ground-breaking and I like his Mad Dogs & Englishmen work.

I was much less keen on his post 1970 work. And I think how his career went might indicate how Hendrix's would have gone.

Nevertheless, a sad loss. I love his work c.1968-70. It is a great legacy.
tom_cas1 wrote: Very sad news. That's three music legends gone in the space of three months. Jack Bruce, Bobby Keys and now Joe Cocker.
And Ian McLagan as well :(
tom_cas1 wrote:On a personal note, I was hoping to interview him for the book I'm writing on Derek and the Dominos as two of the members (Carl Radle and Jim Gordon) both played on his Mad Dogs and Englishmen tour before forming Derek and the Dominos. I hadn't sent a letter out yet but it was on my to do list. Very very sad. It would have been great to interview him. :cry:
Yes, this is another unfortunate consequence of his death.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."