The Genesis Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

KingLouieLouie76

Re: The Genesis Thread

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 19 Oct 2016, 21:36

Well.. we all those recent Phil performing live and some Genesis reunion rumors... Of course now Phil revealing his 14-year grudge towards Sir Paul...Phil claiming he would have left Genesis to join the Who.....etc....etc..etc....

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 25 Oct 2016, 05:00

Didn't know about the friction with McCartney. I take it the details are in the forthcoming book?

I know he has been doing some press for this. I read an interview in The Times and he was talking about his performances at Live Aid.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 25 Oct 2016, 14:37

Mallard No. 22 wrote:Didn't know about the friction with McCartney. I take it the details are in the forthcoming book?

I know he has been doing some press for this. I read an interview in The Times and he was talking about his performances at Live Aid.

Yes... here's the article referring to Phil's grudge towards Paul:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/phil-coll ... ey-1684488" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just came across Paul's response: http://www.nme.com/news/paul-mccartney- ... ud-1769886" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 25 Oct 2016, 22:37

Collins comes across as a complete twat when talking about Paul McCartney. What an arsewipe.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 01 Nov 2016, 07:23

It all sounds a bit here nor there really.

I suspect that Phil is undergoing general malaise. It seems he has had alcoholism, and physical injuries preventing him from playing. He has been out of the spotlight for some years.

I'm not too sure that he and Paul know each other all that well. Paul is probably a bit surprised at his comments. Paul will also realise Phil's standing in music history.

Rather than talking down to Phil at Buckingham Palace, he was probably taken aback at Phil approaching him to sign vinyl. He might have thought "What the f*** is someone as big as Phil Collins coming to ME for autographs for?" :o
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."