The Jimi Hendrix Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

KingLouieLouie76

Re: The Jimi Hendrix Thread

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 03 Mar 2015, 07:52

Mallard No. 22 wrote:It was possible, there was several such projects in that period.

They reflected the spirit of the times, but were also transient.

E.g. Eric Clapton went from Cream to Blind Faith to Delaney & Bonney to Derek & The Dominoes in just two years.

I have seen a clip of Robert Stigwood (Cream/Clapton manager) interviewed on TV in 1969. He saw albums/supergroups as 'projects' where members could come & go from album to album.

But I think this probably presented contractual problems with credits/royalties etc. Other managers would be less keen on this approach and would want definite line-ups that could be controlled.

It is theoretically possible that Hendrix, Jones & others could have formed a supergroup 'project' in 1970-71. Though wherever they were by 1972 they would probably have had to stay because the music industry was settling down.
Excellent point...that's obviously that's why when an outside artist from another band/label who happened to contribute would go under aliases or not credited whatsoever.....

As I mentioned before...Hendrix wanted to form a band w/Winwood, but was too shy too approach him....

Yes, Hendrix was still at his peak when he passed... Band of Gypsys.. Lord!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 05 Mar 2015, 06:52

I have a feeling that Jimi and Brian would have been best remaining as solo artists (with lower profile backing musicians).
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 12 Mar 2015, 12:43

Mallard No. 22 wrote:I have a feeling that Jimi and Brian would have been best remaining as solo artists (with lower profile backing musicians).

I still believe a collective effort between Hendrix and Winwood would have been a very successful one..albeit perhaps only lasting one album similar to Blind Faith... "Voodoo Chile" after every listen makes me wanting more Hendrix/Winwood....Lord!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 13 Mar 2015, 06:55

When one person guests on another's record, it can give it an extra something.

Can this be built upon if two such artists join together for a definite project? :?:

They each come from different backgrounds of their own musicians, management etc. Can be difficult to tie it all together. :|

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 15 Mar 2015, 00:38

Mallard No. 22 wrote:When one person guests on another's record, it can give it an extra something.

Can this be built upon if two such artists join together for a definite project? :?:

They each come from different backgrounds of their own musicians, management etc. Can be difficult to tie it all together. :|

I believe it would have been Jimi w/Steve and the rest of Traffic contributing (even Dave Mason to a certain extent since he too was very close w/Jimi and might have been able to set aside his creative differences w/Steve)...

Yeah, the whole management situation could have been a HUGE obstacle... I wish that would have all come to fruition... Just imagine the heights they would have reached together!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Mar 2015, 18:39

Jimi with Steve Winwood would have been an incredible match, Voodoo Chile is outstanding.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 16 Mar 2015, 19:08

tom_cas1 wrote:Jimi with Steve Winwood would have been an incredible match, Voodoo Chile is outstanding.

Have you (or anyone else) ever heard of this before? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t5cEqrpnys" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's amazing!

http://www.discogs.com/Jimi-Hendrix-Tra ... se/1339968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tracklist Hide Credits
1 Jam Thing

Written-By – Wood*, Capaldi*, Hendrix*, Winwood*

19:39
2 Guitar Thing

Written-By – Hendrix*

5:15
3 Session Thing

Written-By – Wood*, Capaldi*, Hendrix*, Winwood*

35:27
Companies etc

Glass Mastered At – CDT Berlin

Credits

Drums – Jim Capaldi
Flute, Saxophone – Chris Wood (2)
Guitar – Jimi Hendrix
Mastered By – Stefan Vardopoulos
Organ – Steve Winwood
Last edited by KingLouieLouie76 on 16 Mar 2015, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 16 Mar 2015, 19:21

Very cool! I'd like to get my hands on that bootleg.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 16 Mar 2015, 19:29

tom_cas1 wrote:Very cool! I'd like to get my hands on that bootleg.

I know! What is SOO overwhelming is that the true star of this jam is Chris Wood...He was/is such an underrated musician! His saxophone really complemented Jimi's guitar quite perfectly....

Edit: I just came across this as well.. Incredible! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64MkzHX9GIY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 18 Mar 2015, 07:01

Thank you for posting that YT link, KLL76 :D

You're right about Chris Wood's sax-playing. This is also evident on e.g. 'The Low Spark Of High-Heeled Boys'.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 18 Mar 2015, 21:27

Mallard No. 22 wrote:Thank you for posting that YT link, KLL76 :D

You're right about Chris Wood's sax-playing. This is also evident on e.g. 'The Low Spark Of High-Heeled Boys'.
Chris Wood was even a solid keyboardist as evidence when they would perform "Dear Mr. Fantasy" live..He filled in on keys while Steve played lead-guitar....It's just so unfortunate he passed as young as he did because he still had a lot of music left in him.

Glad you loved that link...just makes me salivate for more of Hendrix w/Traffic!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 19 Mar 2015, 19:12

Salivate is the wrong word, it gives me a throbbing boner just thinking about those two working together!!

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Mar 2015, 10:49

tom_cas1 wrote:Salivate is the wrong word, it gives me a throbbing boner just thinking about those two working together!!

Agreed.....then....I would climax thinking of them adding Miles Davis and Paul McCartney into that mix as well! Lord....an eternal EARGASM indeed!

Forever Low Man

Post by Forever Low Man » 20 Mar 2015, 13:49

tom_cas1 wrote:Salivate is the wrong word, it gives me a throbbing boner just thinking about those two working together!!
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 23 Mar 2015, 00:59

:lol: