King For a Day...
No votes
Album of the Year
No votes

Total votes: 1

TripleJay97

Faith No More

Post by TripleJay97 » 03 Nov 2014, 22:10

I saw some fans in the "Underrated" thread, so I figured I'd make a place where we can discuss the various ventures of our favourite rap-rockers, including Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk.

FNM recently confirmed that a new album is in the works, but I don't think it will be worth it without Jim Martin being involved.
Last edited by TripleJay97 on 09 Nov 2014, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

KingLouieLouie76

Re: Faith No More

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 04 Nov 2014, 05:12

TripleJay97 wrote:I saw some fans in the "Underrated" thread, so I figured I'd make a place where we can discuss the various ventures of our favourite rap-rockers, including Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk.

FNM recently confirmed that a new album is in the works, but I don't think it will be worth it without Jim Martin being involved.

Fantomas was another stellar Mike Patton project...... He's one of the best singers ever...Just love his range....Mike Bordin is a Hall-of-Fame caliber drummer, and Gould is a superb bassist, while Bottum is one of the most innovative keyboardist in recent memory..Too bad Martin left them in '93 and they recorded several albums since his departure, but they've been inferior.... He possessed something different, but they began to phase him out during the "Angel Dust" sessions. I just wish they can make amends...

I even love their pre-Mike Patton material when Chuck Mosley lead them....Here's their most memorable song from that era: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1g9PFtSCKw

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 04 Nov 2014, 05:19

We Care a Lot is a great song, but I don't really enjoy the Mosley stuff. Patton complimented that band perfectly in my opinion.

You're right about his range. I read somewhere recently that he has the widest vocal range in music history. Now that's something to be proud of.

I did stumble across Fantomas briefly. I saw a live performance of one of their "pages". All it was were very quiet cymbals then Patton screaming hysterically out of nowhere. I thought it was brilliant :lol:

I'd be a very happy man if they made amends.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 04 Nov 2014, 05:23

This right here offers major insight into them, but it's nearly 4 hours long and I've watched it in its entirety: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhdPYQgukr8

Definitely worth watching if you're a hardcore fan!

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 04 Nov 2014, 05:24

I'll devote some time to it this weekend!

What about Mr. Bungle? I find it's one of those bands that's rarely discussed, as if people are afraid of it :lol:

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 09 Nov 2014, 06:01

TripleJay97 wrote:I'll devote some time to it this weekend!

What about Mr. Bungle? I find it's one of those bands that's rarely discussed, as if people are afraid of it :lol:
Mr. Bungle was very unique obviously...I loved how they experimented and gave Mike Patton his true beginning! They also never lost stride whenever they reunited...

Going back to FNM......One of the most hilarious performances of the band...you can sense here the animosity between Patton and Martin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv9UM4zis1M

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 09 Nov 2014, 06:42

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:This right here offers major insight into them, but it's nearly 4 hours long and I've watched it in its entirety: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhdPYQgukr8

Definitely worth watching if you're a hardcore fan!
I have difficulty finding 4 hours of time to do anything, so I'll probably have to give this a miss... what an album though!

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 09 Nov 2014, 09:31

I'm going to do a poll.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 11 Nov 2014, 05:38

Want to see where Mike Patton ripped Jim Martin a new one and yet Jim remained in the band for nearly 2-years following these comments? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhdPYQgukr8

Check out around 2:06:48 in....... In fact, the entire interview is very fascinating, IE that part!