Queen Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

KingLouieLouie76

Queen Thread

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Sep 2014, 23:41

We will, we will..ROCK YOU!

But I honestly wish they quit after Freddie's passing!

Mallard No. 22

Re: Queen Thread

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 01 Oct 2014, 21:47

Pre-85 work was better, although 'Bohemian Rhapsody' was too overblown for me.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 02 Oct 2014, 19:51

I like Sheer Heart Attack, and Radio Ga Ga is a wonderful song.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 03 Oct 2014, 10:34

Mallard No. 22 wrote:Pre-85 work was better, although 'Bohemian Rhapsody' was too overblown for me.
"A Kind of Magic" had several strong moments on it, but I guess its weak by Queen's standards...."Innuendo" proved they were headed back in the right direction....
I definitely agree with you on "Bohemian Rhapsody"...

Queen ruled Live Aid for sure!

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 03 Oct 2014, 21:34

Live Aid changed so many things, and not just awareness of famine.

But that's another story.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 03 Oct 2014, 21:40

I love "Show Must Go On" and "Who Wants to Live Forever" for their later work.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 05 Oct 2014, 05:18

MsMagicAmerica wrote:I love "Show Must Go On" and "Who Wants to Live Forever" for their later work.
I agree on those two.. "Show Must Go On" proved how much they had remaining in the tank....

Who else on here highly regards their Live Aid performance? To me, they stole the show..their true defining hour!

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 06 Oct 2014, 20:10

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:
MsMagicAmerica wrote:I love "Show Must Go On" and "Who Wants to Live Forever" for their later work.
I agree on those two.. "Show Must Go On" proved how much they had remaining in the tank....

Who else on here highly regards their Live Aid performance? To me, they stole the show..their true defining hour!
They can stake claim to the stand out Live Aid performance. Freddie Mercury had that crowd eating out his hand. I'd put up a fight for U2 though on the day. Bono may have got carried away and caused them to run out of time for Pride (In the Name of Love), but it made for a compelling set and was the band's coming of age really.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 08 Oct 2014, 08:11

101reykjavik wrote:
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:

They can stake claim to the stand out Live Aid performance. Freddie Mercury had that crowd eating out his hand. I'd put up a fight for U2 though on the day. Bono may have got carried away and caused them to run out of time for Pride (In the Name of Love), but it made for a compelling set and was the band's coming of age really.

Yeah...that was when the first times that the UK really seemed to embrace Queen to its fullest and they were excellent in capitalizing on that initially, then of course the obvious happened to Freddie..... His initial diagnosis, to his gradual decline, to his passing......

I still rank this as one of my fave Queen performances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbekeugjKOQ

I guess Freddie somehow strained his voice the night before the show, but it added another dimension to it..Soo raw!

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 08 Oct 2014, 15:37

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:
God I HATE that they are still touring with people! At the moment it's Adam Lambert but prior to him it was Paul Rogers (Lead singer of Bad Company and Free)

Queen isn't Queen without Freddie.

At the same time I understand that it has to be hard for the band to make a living.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 Oct 2014, 22:47

I can't imagine it's that hard for the original members to make a living, they must rake it in thanks to past royalties. Queen are still a huge band and name, I don't imagine they have trouble shifting albums even if they weren't touring without Mercury.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 10 Oct 2014, 15:24

MsMagicAmerica wrote:
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:
God I HATE that they are still touring with people! At the moment it's Adam Lambert but prior to him it was Paul Rogers (Lead singer of Bad Company and Free)

Queen isn't Queen without Freddie.

At the same time I understand that it has to be hard for the band to make a living.
At least it was..."Queen featuring Paul Rodgers", but this Adam Lambert BS has been a joke from the start...But at least they didn't pull an "INXS", so we can give them credit on that! haha :(

But indeed...Freddie was the heart and soul of Queen, but also the other members are too talented not to have some manner of showcasing it....Actually, Roger Taylor has a brilliant voice of his own, so they really could tour as a trio and sound even better!

mr_spenalzo

Post by mr_spenalzo » 10 Oct 2014, 17:37

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:But at least they didn't pull an "INXS"
That's like Sleeper reuniting without Louise Wener

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 11 Oct 2014, 12:32

mr_spenalzo wrote:
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:But at least they didn't pull an "INXS"
That's like Sleeper reuniting without Louise Wener
Well, nothing can be worse than having a TV reality series to find your next singer! Especially to replace Michael Hutchence who was nearly in class all of his own! What a way to sell out.....

Anyways, Adam Lambert to me is BEYOND annoying though and Roger Taylor and Brian May should be ashamed of themselves. At least John Deacon has enough honor/integrity not to join in on any of the farces since Freddie's death....So, I definitely applaud him for that!

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 11 Oct 2014, 14:36

I was going to post exactly the same thing. Much respect to John Deacon for being dignified enough to call it a day. I know really it's every band's right to perform in any way or line-up they see fit, and if they get a kick from it, I guess you can't be too harsh. But for my own tastes, things like Queen+ and definitely the INXS situation feel a little naff.