Beck Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

dparrott

Re: Beck Thread

Post by dparrott » 03 Jun 2016, 14:58

Love it, especially the reverb background parts!

Miki

Post by Miki » 03 Jun 2016, 16:09

I swear there's a lion growling at 0:48 and some Space Invaders type sound at 1:50.

NME interview http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/beck ... appy-place" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 03 Jun 2016, 17:18

tom_cas1 wrote:Best song he's done since the Modern Guilt album I think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLIBuuJnQHg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:( :cry:

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 04 Jun 2016, 11:50

I even love it more upon my 2nd listen than I did my first! I love it just as much as "E-Pro" when I first listened to that initially. However, nothing will ever touch "Think I'm In Love"...will always be my absolutely fave Beck track and so glad to witness him perform it at Hyde Park!

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 05 Jun 2016, 13:56

I think it's a pretty great track, the backing vocals and the piano at the end are superb. I can understand why some people aren't into it though.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 11 Jun 2016, 13:12

Listening to Wow for the first time in a few days and I love it even more. What a track! I can't wait for his new album.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Miki

Post by Miki » 12 Jun 2016, 17:02

Anyone going to FOLD or Brixton?

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 13 Jun 2016, 08:23

Miki wrote:Anyone going to FOLD or Brixton?

Oh....I wish I was in London! Unfortunately I missed out on Beck when he was here in Phoenix back in March.... Oh well...He should return here soon, especially to promote his new material!

Miki

Post by Miki » 16 Jun 2016, 22:05

FOLD festival has an offer of 2 tickets at the price of 1 = £63 for two, if anyone wants to take advantage of it. Saturday 25th June at Fulham Palace, London.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/promo/p7c ... =586246888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They must be struggling to sell them, with Beck playing his own shows two days later and appearing at Glasto and not much of a lineup apart from him and Chic. Feel a bit cheated that I got mine at full price now :x Still... it probably means there won't be too many people :P

Miki

Post by Miki » 18 Jun 2016, 12:50

Happy Odelay Day! Released 20 years ago today. I'm playing the Odeluxe Edition to celebrate :mrgreen:

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 18 Jun 2016, 14:03

Miki wrote:Happy Odelay Day! Released 20 years ago today. I'm playing the Odeluxe Edition to celebrate :mrgreen:
This and also the 1-year Anniversary of his magnificent Hyde Park performance!

Miki

Post by Miki » 30 Jun 2016, 10:26

Beck at Brixton Academy! Wow indeed!

I got there with a bunch of people I know from fan groups and we were the first in line. Waited for two hours in the rain but it was totally worth it as I was like the second or third person in the venue and got the best spot in the house - front row centre stage. Short of getting on the stage, there couldn't have been a better place to be :mrgreen:

Badly Drawn Boy supporting was a great surprise, as I like him a lot. He played a solo set including a Beck cover.

I saw Beck and the band at FOLD on Saturday and thought they were amazing, but they topped it at Brixton. An incredible set - Paper Tiger! Heart is a Drum! Wave!!! - and great atmosphere from the crowd. I watched Beck's set at Glasto and thought the crowd was terrible. He had a job to try and get them going. He was placed between Ellie Goulding and Coldplay and I think most people there didn't really know what to make of him. But Brixton was ready for him. Incredible show. Definitely my best Beck show to date and one of the best gigs ever. Can't wait for the new album to drop in the autumn and for him to come back again! :D

Poated a few photos on my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/strange_invitation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Miki on 30 Jun 2016, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 30 Jun 2016, 11:56

Awesome, Miki!!! What was the full setlist and do you think a recording will surface? :mrgreen:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Miki

Post by Miki » 30 Jun 2016, 15:05

tom_cas1 wrote:Awesome, Miki!!! What was the full setlist and do you think a recording will surface? :mrgreen:
Fingers crossed!

Setlist http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/beck/2016 ... fafa3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where It's At - the encore - was a long medley that included One Foot in the Grave as well as covers from Chic, David Bowie, Kraftwerk and Prince.

Miki

Post by Miki » 30 Jun 2016, 16:33

This channel has uploaded clips of the whole show https://www.youtube.com/user/bibibulle/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;