Beck Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Beck Thread

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Sep 2014, 23:33

Definitely needed to begin one on here since he's globally embraced!
KingLouieLouie76

Re: Beck Thread

Postby maria » 22 Sep 2014, 14:14

It's tonight! He is performing is fave song according to Conan site. Any idea which it might be? Zooey Deschanel is also going to be in the program promoting her show. It would be nice to see her and Beck performing together (though not necessarily the George cover).

maria

Postby tom_cas1 » 22 Sep 2014, 14:53

Beck and Zooey together would be amazing.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby TripleJay97 » 22 Sep 2014, 20:39

I'm glad we have this thread still. Beck is still my favourite <3
TripleJay97

Postby maria » 24 Sep 2014, 11:38

maria

Postby Miki » 12 Oct 2014, 17:23

Thank God someone started a Beck thread! :mrgreen:

Last show in the tour tonight. JMJ has tweeted it's his last with Beck "for the foreseable future". :(

The Morning Phase chapter is closing, on with the next. New album in the making could come out early next year.

Before then, Beck is already listed among the artists that will be performing at the special tribute concert for Bob Dylan on February 6th.

Oh and Wah Wah was awesome! I made an mp3 of the performance, if someone wants it.
Last edited by Miki on 13 Sep 2015, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
I've been drifting along in the same stale old shoes
Loose ends tyin' a noose in the back of my mind...

Miki

Postby Miki » 05 Nov 2014, 17:40

With the Morning Phase tour over and the new album still in the pipeline (possibly early next year), there isn't much happening in Beck world, at the moment, but here is a little piece of news. Personally I have very little interest in the film, but the Beck/Sia combo is intriguing and I'm curious to hear what they came up with.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 30999.html

Miki

Postby tom_cas1 » 06 Nov 2014, 22:06

Tour over?! No England then. :cry:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby TripleJay97 » 06 Nov 2014, 22:09

He'd better get his arse over here touring the next album! :x
TripleJay97

Postby Miki » 07 Nov 2014, 02:21

Well he kind of was here... he did Festivals only though: iTunes festival in London (which is a ticket raffle at any rate), Bestival on the Isle of Wight and Festival N 6 in Wales (okay it wasn't England, but still). Having failed to win tickets for the iTune show at the Roundhouse and not wanting to spend £400 for two tickets for four nights at Bestival just to see him, I dragged myself all the way to Wales for Festival N 6 which issued day tickets at a more reasonable price (£65 for the Saturday, when he headlined) and is a far far more manageable kind of festival for my liking, as it generally attracts around 6,000 people... and not all of them are there for the music - there's all sorts going on, from music to theatre to cinema and comedy...

So I did get to see him, I was front row and it was amazing!

But... it was still a festival so we only got 80 minutes and 16 songs (instead of the two hours and 24 songs he plays at his own shows) and he had a nasty fall at Bestival two nights previously and hurt his knee, so he wasn't 100%, didn't do much jumping around and was kind of a little subdued. In short: yes I saw him, but I want more and he absolutely has to tour Europe properly next year! 8 shows, 5 of which festivals, is nowhere near enough!

here's a couple of photos I took in Portmeirion. I had posted them on the old forum too, but as we moved here... (sorry about the size, cuts them off on the right side).

Last edited by Miki on 07 Nov 2014, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

Miki

Postby tom_cas1 » 07 Nov 2014, 03:28

I was hoping I'd land tickets to his iTunes Festival show but didn't. Don't really want to see him at a festival though, I'd prefer a venue like the Roundhouse or something like that in London. Hammersmith Apollo or Shepherds Bush Empire. Something smallish and intimate with better sound than a festival. Why can't he do it?! :evil: :x :cry:
tom_cas1

Postby Miki » 07 Nov 2014, 13:36

He played shows in small indoors venues in Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris, so I don't know why he couldn't do it here. Hopefully next time, and not just London - though London is all right with me.

Miki

Next

Return to Music Is My Radar