Your Musical History (From Earliest Memories - Present)

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

KingLouieLouie76

Your Musical History (From Earliest Memories - Present)

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Sep 2014, 21:25

Lifted....

I'm 37 (12/15/1976) and been listening to music since I was infant. My parents played me Buddy Holly, the Beatles, the Coasters, the Drifters, and then I started getting into Billy Joel and even Elvis Costello then. But it was the Beatles, John and Paul solo which quenched my thirst.... I even remember when the singles from "Double Fantasy" was popular on the radio (the aftermath of the obvious) and I loved "McCartney 2" (had the 45 of "Coming Up" from Glasglow that I played non-stop)...

Subsequently, I started loving the Stones, the Kinks, the Who (all around that period), Chicago, Dr. Hook, the Eagles, and Hall & Oates (my mom played those bands all the time)... Just to name a few though.... I have two older sisters, them along w/one of my aunts got me into INXS, Duran Duran, U2, and then I started loving more of the New Wave bands (started getting obsessed with MTV)... Then, I subsequently developed my own taste, but I retreated away from "Modern Music" in the late 80s-early 90s because I began despising some of the Rap and Hair Bands (but did love GNR, Faith No More, Def Leppard, Living Colour).....During that time I began discovering more obscure 50s-80s bands of all genres......

But once Nirvana and the other Grunge bands emerged onto the scene...BAM...then I loved the Indi bands along with the British Bands (hated Oasis except for 3 songs).....Since though...I've expanded my boundaries again because I've hated most music since '01.......That's essentially my story in a nutshell.....

Mallard No. 22

Re: Your Musical History (From Earliest Memories - Present)

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 01 Oct 2014, 21:45

Yes, I concur with a lot of what you say, KLL76.

Music did turn for the worse in the late 80s. Picked up a bit during the 90s, Blur helped (just a bit :D )
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."