Weezer Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: Caitlin, MrMagpie, tom_cas1

TripleJay97

Re: Weezer Thread

Post by TripleJay97 » 20 Apr 2016, 18:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHvuGiV8a2g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:roll:

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 21 Apr 2016, 07:15

Blue is 10/10, Pinkerton is 10/10. I'm fine with people who prefer TBA but Fantano is the worst and that video sucks.

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 23 Apr 2016, 18:43

I don't like much on Pink. Pink's rough production also bothers me. I like them blue/green album style. Still have to give white a good listen.

dparrott

Post by dparrott » 01 May 2016, 17:09

Well, white is cool, nothing spectacular. Kinda feels like the same song over and over. But good summer music.

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 11 May 2016, 01:40

Why is Falling for You considered the best song on Pinkerton? It's a great song n' all but if anything its the least unique song on the album, to me anyway, lyrically and musically. Not that that isn't why it's the best song, but I dunno, it just seems to me to be a a little ..less, I dunno. It embodies Pinkerton perhaps but its just not top-tier to me, unlike the singles and Tired of Sex.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 11 May 2016, 01:44

AdvertBreak wrote:Why is Falling for You considered the best song on Pinkerton? It's a great song n' all but if anything its the least unique song on the album, to me anyway, lyrically and musically. Not that that isn't why it's the best song, but I dunno, it just seems to me to be a a little ..less, I dunno. It embodies Pinkerton perhaps but its just not top-tier to me, unlike the singles and Tired of Sex.

My fave is certainly "Getchoo"......then perhaps "Pink Triangle" and "No Other One" follows.... I don't even rank "Falling For You" within my top-5 album tracks, but I still love it!

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 11 May 2016, 21:38

AdvertBreak wrote:Why is Falling for You considered the best song on Pinkerton? It's a great song n' all but if anything its the least unique song on the album, to me anyway, lyrically and musically. Not that that isn't why it's the best song, but I dunno, it just seems to me to be a a little ..less, I dunno. It embodies Pinkerton perhaps but its just not top-tier to me, unlike the singles and Tired of Sex.
I'd love to expand on this now but I haven't got that much time today, though I'll probably do tomorrow. I used to think like you but then I changed my mind and now I consider it one of the best three things that Rivers has ever written. It'd be great if you could read this thing and tell me your thoughts about it! http://tvs.soymilkrevolution.com/?p=163" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:

My fave is certainly "Getchoo"......then perhaps "Pink Triangle" and "No Other One" follows.... I don't even rank "Falling For You" within my top-5 album tracks, but I still love it!
Funnily enough, I was thinking the other day that I like some songs on White more than Getchoo. It comes to show how great Pinkerton is in that one's least favourite song is the other one's absolute fave. I guess it's got something to do with being really familiar with songs like Getchoo or No Other One but right now I'd say L.A. Girlz or I dunno, D'you Wanna Get High are even better or at least more enjoyable in some aspects.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 11 May 2016, 23:19

Lt Pinkerton wrote:
AdvertBreak wrote:
Funnily enough, I was thinking the other day that I like some songs on White more than Getchoo. It comes to show how great Pinkerton is in that one's least favourite song is the other one's absolute fave. I guess it's got something to do with being really familiar with songs like Getchoo or No Other One but right now I'd say L.A. Girlz or I dunno, D'you Wanna Get High are even better or at least more enjoyable in some aspects.
I must admit I've only listened to "White" once and was definitely blown away by it as a whole, but I haven't checked it to the extent further to really fall for any particular track. What is your fave "Pinkerton" track? "Getchoo" is just my fave specifically on "Pinkerton" but I could end-up preferring other tracks from "White" indeed.

Now, if someone posed what my absolute fave Weezer tune is in general, it would be "My Name Is Jonas"....but could again be subject to change if I finally listen more and more of "White"...... It just proves how incredible most of their catalog is and also how surprisingly good "White" turned out compared to their most recent prior releases!

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 13 May 2016, 08:41

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:
Lt Pinkerton wrote:
AdvertBreak wrote:
I must admit I've only listened to "White" once and was definitely blown away by it as a whole, but I haven't checked it to the extent further to really fall for any particular track. What is your fave "Pinkerton" track? "Getchoo" is just my fave specifically on "Pinkerton" but I could end-up preferring other tracks from "White" indeed.
It's hard to say, really, but I think it'd be a toss-up between Across The Sea and Falling For You. If we're including b-sides, Waiting On You would definitely be up there. That song's criminally underrated.

I would never say that any Pinkerton song is undoubtedly the best on the record cause pretty much all of them are perfect. But there's something about Falling For You that kinda encapsulates what the album is about - the dark crunchy sound, the self-deprecation. And then there's that guitar solo, which actually might be my favourite guitar solo ever. It's not one of the album's catchiest melodies or anything but I'd say it's the most complex song on Pinkerton.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 13 May 2016, 23:22

I will just type this at the moment..... "White" is the first time that I've never wanted Matt Sharp to return (which obviously will never happen anyways).... They really captured their vintage sound brilliantly and then some!

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 21 May 2016, 21:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tUbVBCzOQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :D

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 21 May 2016, 21:54

Oh dear :lol: :lol:

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 23 May 2016, 01:46

Lt Pinkerton wrote:Oh dear :lol: :lol:

Oh dear X 2! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TripleJay97

Post by TripleJay97 » 30 May 2016, 07:32

PAHAHA :lol: :lol:

Lt Pinkerton

Post by Lt Pinkerton » 30 Jun 2016, 22:10

So just three months after releasing their best album in 20 years Weezer have just dropped one of their worst songs ever. Shit, Rivers :(